Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
    Wonder if there will be new tickets and park pass anyone get it yet
    Season ticket holders will be picking up tickets and the parking passes on Wednesday.

Comment

• Re: RPI 2017-18 Preseason Thread: To Dream the Impossible Dream

In honor of Morgan Ondrick, today is 15 September 2017. There are 15 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 30 September 2017 for the start of next season.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Did anyone else receive the email from Dave Smith on the state of RPI hockey? It's a great read and it's obvious he's very open about the program, where it's headed, and that he's very much interested in the alumni taking an active role in growing the program. I won't paste the whole thing here, but I thought the following was key:

At the present moment we have been working on committing elite guys for the future. We have commitments from guys as early as entering 10th grade. (wow! is right) Many of you are connected in your own hockey community so please pass along any tips on talented hockey players in your area. We are looking for a couple forwards and a couple defenseman in each of the next 2 years as well as always looking at goalies. We will have a larger recruiting class in '20 so recruiting never ends. The NCAA rules in recruiting are pretty simple: Let us contact the kids and you let us know who is great. We know the rules and will guide you through anything should the need arise. I want all of the alumni to know that if you have a connection with a prospect or are aware of a talented player in your area, to please let us know. While we can’t commit everyone we will absolutely follow up on your lead and educate the prospect on RPI and our terrific hockey history and tradition.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          Isn't that what it says? It's Hackett who left.

I am surprised that Burke and York were regarded as the expected biggest contributors among the newcomers.
          It's Hackett now, but it was Perry when I posted.
          Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
          Benjamin Franklin
          The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
          Gary Player

Comment

In honor of Shayna Tomlinson, today is 16 September 2017. There are 14 days (2 weeks) until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

RPI football moves to 3-0 with a 31-14 victory over Western New England. Again hard to know how good this team is yet as the quality of these out of conference opponents is just difficult to judge. Not a thing of beauty today but a solid performance both on offense and defense. Now let us hope we have this kind of 3-0 start for the hockey team!
              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Could easily see the team 3-1 after the first two weekends heading into the Union match up. Ohio St I think the boys will split with and I can see them beating both Niagara and RIT.

Comment

Originally posted by Noresmen View Post
                  Could easily see the team 3-1 after the first two weekends heading into the Union match up. Ohio St I think the boys will split with and I can see them beating both Niagara and RIT.
                  Here's hoping, but I'm not counting any chickens after last year. Plus, Niagara's always a tough game; I wouldn't be surprised if we split that weekend. Good news is that we have an extra week of practice before the first games that count, so we can get things situated, get a gauge for how tight the refs will be in October (and wow were they tight last year), and hopefully we'll be good and ready.

Comment

In honor of Jared Wilson and Ana Orzechowski, today is 17 September 2017. There are 13 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

In honor of Viktor Liljegren and Aimee Raithby , today is 18 September 2017. There are 12 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Does anyone have any suggestions for the season thread title?
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Division III poll for football-RPI got 11 votes today after their 3-0 start. Not nearly enough to rank in the top 25, but an achievement none the less.

As far as the season thread title, we could just use the next line of the Impossible dream that was already started--"To Fight the Unbeatable Foe" and make this a season long continuation as their are several good lines in those lyrics.
                          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            Does anyone have any suggestions for the season thread title?
                            No Horsing Around?
                            Rising from the Ashes?
                            Houston, we have a problem?
                            Engineering a comeback one game at a time?
                            We will Xcel this year?
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              Engineering a comeback one game at a time?
                              I thought we fired that dude...

Comment

In an article posted almost six months ago, according to the ever-reliable "sources who asked not to be identified," RPI's next opponent, Buffalo State, could be joining the Liberty League in football during 2018. If true, this would enable the league to retain its automatic bid for the NCAA playoffs.

http://www.d3football.com/notables/2...liberty-league

The Bengals finished last year with the same 5-5 regular season record as RPI. They have won their first two games this season by scores of 20-19 and 53-48, with QB Kyle Hoppy throwing game-winning TD passes in the fourth quarter each time.

Comment

Working...
                                X