Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2017-18 Preseason Thread: To Dream the Impossible Dream

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
    That actually was Posted back when but for such an awesome story it deserves a re-post.
    Whoops - sorry. I read through this thread and skimmed the previous thread and somehow missed wherever it was posted before. Of course, I kind of zoned out when you guys were talking football...

Anyway, let me try again. How about this one? It's not about a player, but it is another quality person associated with RPI hockey - Norris Pearson, head honcho of HFH.

http://www.timesunion.com/news/artic...e-12238683.php
    Charlene

Comment

In honor of Coaches Smith and Vines and their assistants, today is 30 September 2017. There are 0 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 30 September 2017 for the start of next season.[/QUOTE]
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by cmmarkham View Post
        Whoops - sorry. I read through this thread and skimmed the previous thread and somehow missed wherever it was posted before. Of course, I kind of zoned out when you guys were talking football...

Anyway, let me try again. How about this one? It's not about a player, but it is another quality person associated with RPI hockey - Norris Pearson, head honcho of HFH.

http://www.timesunion.com/news/artic...e-12238683.php
        It could have been posted in the Alumni thread.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          It could have been posted in the Alumni thread.
          And then almost no one would have seen it. It is fine being posted here. Anything CMM posts is OK here with me.
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
            And then almost no one would have seen it. It is fine being posted here. Anything CMM posts is OK here with me.
            That is certainly correct. What I was trying to say was that the reason that CMM didn't see it might have been because it might have originally been posted in the Alumni thread. Anything which CMM posts is fine with me too.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
              A great coach knows the sport so well that he continuously adapts his "system" to the skills of the players he has right now.

Over time, he might prefer to recruit a collection of certain "types" but you always have to adjust even then.

Three examples that come to mind are Belichick, Popovich, and Auriemma (and way before them, Wooden). All of them win playing all sorts of different styles no matter what their personnel because they know how to mesh together whatever talent they have on hand to produce a true team effort. They all emphasize the best talents and find ways to cover up deficiencies through astute team play.
              That is exactly what I am looking for. And it seemed to be seriously lacking in SA's tenure as coach. I would hope that Smith could be mentioned with those other great coaches in time, but lets not get ahead of ourselves.
              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
              Benjamin Franklin
              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
              Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                Not at all. It's been a long nine months 😀
                I figured that was what's going on. Hopefully everything goes well.

Comment

That is certainly correct. What I was trying to say was that the reason that CMM didn't see it might have been because it might have originally been posted in the Alumni thread. Anything which CMM posts is fine with me too.
                  I checked the alumni thread too and didn't see it there either but, again, I probably just missed it wherever it was. (And by the way, is RPI's really the only active thread in the alumni category??)

Am I right that RPI TV isn't covering tonight's game? Huh. I'll see if I can get up some pictures soon, although I have kind of a lot going on this weekend.
                  Charlene

Comment

I checked the alumni thread too and didn't see it there either but, again, I probably just missed it wherever it was. (And by the way, is RPI's really the only active thread in the alumni category??)

Am I right that RPI TV isn't covering tonight's game? Huh. I'll see if I can get up some pictures soon, although I have kind of a lot going on this weekend.
                    Most fan bases don't separate things.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Wai- what?!

Comment

• Originally posted by cmmarkham View Post

The schedule page says that it will be on RPI TV, but I don't see anything on the RPI TV site about it even though they are promoting the football telecast in two weeks. I'm guessing it will be on, but I'm not sure and considering whether I want to make the 2+ hour drive for the debut of our new staff and team.

Comment

Most fan bases can't separate things.
                            Fixed.
                            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
                              The schedule page says that it will be on RPI TV, but I don't see anything on the RPI TV site about it even though they are promoting the football telecast in two weeks. I'm guessing it will be on, but I'm not sure and considering whether I want to make the 2+ hour drive for the debut of our new staff and team.
                              They probably just haven't added it to their schedule yet. Probably added football last time they did football.

I can't absolutely confirm 100%, but I'd be shocked if they didn't have it. What's the last home hockey game they haven't covered, if that's even ever happened?

Comment

Originally posted by rsfs04 View Post
                                They probably just haven't added it to their schedule yet. Probably added football last time they did football.

I can't absolutely confirm 100%, but I'd be shocked if they didn't have it. What's the last home hockey game they haven't covered, if that's even ever happened?
                                This seems to imply they are covering it: http://www.rpitv.org/productions/127...rys-university.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X