Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2017-18 Preseason Thread: To Dream the Impossible Dream

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
    Actually there are only 2 days until RPI's next game if you count the women. They open on Saturday vs. University of Montreal at HFH and their regular season begins on the 29th @ tOSU.
    I realize that, but I make enough errors keeping track of one countdown.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      Did you buy RPI or BU tickets?
      Oh you
      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

• Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
        close. It was coined by long suffering patriot fans (back in the days when the pats were habitually bad and the dolphins were a powerhouse). It started in 1985, when the patriots actually won a wild card berth and made it to the afc championship game against the dolphins. "squish the fish" became the rallying cry for that game, which the pats won to obtain the right to be demolished by the bears in the super bowl.
        I think you are spot on. I was at the Tute than and was a Dolphins fan. Had to listen to a couple of my Boston area brothers chant that like they were Hari Krishnas. Was nice to see the Bears pummel them in the Superbowl. The irony now is that after 25 years in New England I am a Pats fan. Not that I follow the sport all that much though... The NFL is making it unwatchable.
        Last edited by jmhusker; 09-21-2017, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Thread title:. RPI ...: A Wealth of Notions

Comment

• Originally posted by turk181 View Post
            Seems to me that when TB says, “should be 100% for the opener”, 2 things I question. 1).....the Regular season opener?......2) does that mean (should be) that he’s not 100% now?
            Very valid questions. I'm hoping for the best for TB. But nothing would surprise me at this point. Being the owner of two carved up knees, I know that there are plenty of variables.
            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
              Thread title:. RPI ...: A Wealth of Notions
              I like that. I also like the Apertthy suggestion but prefer just to forget the past.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

In honor of Megan Hayes, today is 22 September 2017. There are 8 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 30 September 2017 for the start of next season.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  I like that. I also like the Apertthy suggestion but prefer just to forget the past.
                  RPI 2017-2018: Forget the Past, Let's Smith a Future

Comment

I was also at the season ticket get together. Seemed like a well attended affair. I am looking forward to another season and look at the season as one with a clean slate from my perspective. Thought the players self introduction was good. Even if it took some extra time. Perhaps next year the season ticket holders could introduce themselves with their section and number of years as season ticket holders. It would make it a two way opportunity for players and fans alike. I did spend some time chatting with a few players. I have to say they are very pleasant, intelligent, and approachable men. When I spoke with Evan Tironese, he apologized to me for last season's performance. I told him that, as a 25+ year season ticket holder, last year may have been bad, but there have been many very lean years over that stretch. I told him I hoped they would be a team this year that challenges their opponents and are hard to play against. I also told him to have fun. Because , in the end, people that enjoy what they are doing perform better than those that lack that passion. Let's go Red.

Comment

Originally posted by 25+years View Post
                      people that enjoy what they are doing perform better than those that lack that passion. Let's go Red.
                      ...and they perform much better than people who are always fearfully looking over their shoulder, afraid of being second-guessed.

Everyone makes mistakes, it is the recovery that counts. Forget it immediately and stay fully focused and engaged in the next play right in front of you now.

Possibly one of the hardest mental skills to coach.
                      "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

• Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                        ...and they perform much better than people who are always fearfully looking over their shoulder, afraid of being second-guessed.

Everyone makes mistakes, it is the recovery that counts. Forget it immediately and stay fully focused and engaged in the next play right in front of you now.

Possibly one of the hardest mental skills to coach.
                        A short memory -- a goalie's #1 skill !😜
                        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Matt Murley is on the Spittin Chiclets podcast. Have yet to listen, but it's one of the better hockey casts out there. Happy Friday!
                          Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

In honor of Troy "New" York and Megan Hayes, today is 23 September 2017. There are 7 days (1 week) until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 30 September 2017 for the start of next season.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X