2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
    https://***********/QHockeyBlog
    https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
    https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Re: RPI 2017-18 Preseason Thread: To Dream the Impossible Dream

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
      For those of us who lived through 1965-66, it wasn't the worst year in the program's history.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
        Chase Perry is still on our roster.
        Do the Bobcats know something we don't?
        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
        Benjamin Franklin
        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
        Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
          Chase Perry is still on our roster.
          Do the Bobcats know something we don't?
          Isn't that what it says? It's Hackett who left.

I am surprised that Burke and York were regarded as the expected biggest contributors among the newcomers.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

I am surprised that Burke and York were regarded as the expected biggest contributors among the newcomers.
            Surprised more at the tone regarding Appert being gone and the fact that at least the team will compete and be in better position to do so. Usually you don't see someone call a departing coach incompetent but this guy seems to think it is obvious and there for all to see. Don't want to posit this as more SA bashing... I wish him well. But one can't help feeling optimistic in the change after reading this. Of course the reviewer might have more expertise in bubble hockey than anything resembling the actual game.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

Not to be overly critical of anyone who has a passion for college hockey (which I appreciate), but I wouldn't put too much stock in this preview. I suspect Burke and York were listed for the simple fact they scored the most points out of our recruits last season. Nothing more, nothing less. Has little to do with who will be biggest freshman contributors this season and in seasons ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by rsfs04 View Post
                Not to be overly critical of anyone who has a passion for college hockey (which I appreciate), but I wouldn't put too much stock in this preview. I suspect Burke and York were listed for the simple fact they scored the most points out of our recruits last season. Nothing more, nothing less. Has little to do with who will be biggest freshman contributors this season and in seasons ahead.
                Give that man a Nat Sherman cigar.
                Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
                  Surprised more at the tone regarding Appert being gone and the fact that at least the team will compete and be in better position to do so. Usually you don't see someone call a departing coach incompetent but this guy seems to think it is obvious and there for all to see. Don't want to posit this as more SA bashing... I wish him well. But one can't help feeling optimistic in the change after reading this. Of course the reviewer might have more expertise in bubble hockey than anything resembling the actual game.
                  Wasn't there someone from Quinnipiac on the "Fiar" train? Was it an assistant, or one of these pundits?

Appert was a good guy, good recruiter, and is probably a good coach for national teams. He just didn't fit well as the head coach of our college hockey program, and our records showed that. tl;dr: Apples vs. Oranges.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    Wasn't there someone from Quinnipiac on the "Fiar" train? Was it an assistant, or one of these pundits?

Appert was a good guy, good recruiter, and is probably a good coach for national teams. He just didn't fit well as the head coach of our college hockey program, and our records showed that. tl;dr: Apples vs. Oranges.
                    2 of the biggest complaints with SA were the lack of progression of players & not being able to win games of importance. Both of those are huge for the Nat.’l Team. The U17 Team is expected to produce high Draft picks (when eligible for the Draft) & to win multi International Tournaments. I’m not so sure that will be the case with SA behind the bench. Recruiting seems to be a non-issue when it comes to the Nat.’l Team but if several “Blue- chippers” take the CHL route instead, that could also be a problem. Just my 2 cents FWIW.
                    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

• Re: RPI 2017-18 Preseason Thread: To Dream the Impossible Dream

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post

The author probably got that impression from the QU coaching staff. As I've stated on here before, after we lost in Hamden last season, I listened to the Bobcat postgame show. One of the assistant coaches, I believe it was Riga, was interviewed by Bill Schweizer, the QU play-by-play guy. He wasn't very complimentary of his team's play because they were playing a team he felt they should have beaten easily. He even went so far as to question the heart of our team - wondering if they even wanted to play that night. It would be hard to imagine a lot of respect for the coach of a program he dismissed so easily.

Comment

• Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
                        The author probably got that impression from the QU coaching staff. As I've stated on here before, after we lost in Hamden last season, I listened to the Bobcat postgame show. One of the assistant coaches, I believe it was Riga, was interviewed by Bill Schweizer, the QU play-by-play guy. He wasn't very complimentary of his team's play because they were playing a team he felt they should have beaten easily. He even went so far as to question the heart of our team - wondering if they even wanted to play that night. It would be hard to imagine a lot of respect for the coach of a program he dismissed so easily.
                        Which is probably a huge reason he didn't get the job here
                        Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

Read it again Ralph. Perry is listed under departures, but then the author says in the body of the post that it was Hackett who left.
                          Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                            Read it again Ralph. Perry is listed under departures, but then the author says in the body of the post that it was Hackett who left.
                            I thought that was a misspelling of Drew Melanson.

Thanks.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                              Give that man a Nat Sherman cigar.
                              Was not familiar with that expression, had to look it up. And the cigars too for that matter!

Comment

• Originally posted by rsfs04 View Post
                                Was not familiar with that expression, had to look it up. And the cigars too for that matter!
                                Wonder if there will be new tickets and park pass anyone get it yet
                                I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Working...
                                X