Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI 2017-18 Preseason Thread: To Dream the Impossible Dream

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
    Philadelphia Eagles' placekicker Caleb Sturgis injured his leg in the Eagles' opening game and may miss several games. The Eagles say they're bringing in some kickers to have a look at them.

Sturgis used to be the Dolphins' placekicker before Andrew Franks beat him out for that job. I surely would not be surprised if Franks is one of those at whom the Eagles will be taking a long look.
    Eagles signed someone else earlier today. I don’t recall the name.
    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
      Eagles signed someone else earlier today. I don’t recall the name.
      I had expected they would take more time to make a decision. There's a saying that you should never buy a used van from a kicker, because the guy has probably put a zillion miles on it driving from one tryout to another.

I'm not sure Franks even had time to get his van (or whatever he drives) to Philadelphia before they signed their new guy.

For the record, the guy they signed was Jake Elliott, who was drafted by the Bengals but failed to make that team.

Comment

In honor of Todd Burgess and Lauren Severson, today is 13 September 2017. There are 17 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 30 September 2017 for the start of next season.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              In honor of Todd Burgess and Lauren Severson, today is 13 September 2017. There are 17 days until RPI's next game.

Speaking of Todd, does anyone know if he's at full strength and practicing?

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                I had expected they would take more time to make a decision. There's a saying that you should never buy a used van from a kicker, because the guy has probably put a zillion miles on it driving from one tryout to another.

I'm not sure Franks even had time to get his van (or whatever he drives) to Philadelphia before they signed their new guy.

For the record, the guy they signed was Jake Elliott, who was drafted by the Bengals but failed to make that team.
                The nice thing about being a kicker is that you often can play until you are 40 or more. As a kid I was a big fan of Lou 'The Toe' Groza and although in those days kickers played a regular position also, he stayed around fairly long. Unless Franks had some other, non footbal, reason for being cut, I am certain we will see him with another NFL team at some time (hopefully sooner rather than later).
                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

I HAVE to Post this here. Holy S...
                  Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Comment

Just a clarification on Devito, he didn’t sign a contract with Washington. It’s an invite to their Team Training Camp. He must’ve made quite an impression at their Development Camp to get this invite though.

Comment

In honor of Jacob Hayhurst and Kirsten Iwanski , today is 14 September 2017. There are 16 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X