UVM 2017/18: A Gutt Check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
    I think Misley was hurt - I didn't see much of him during the Q game yesterday. Bowen was probably a healthy scratch, he looked lost on Q's second goal, could've played the body but didn't...

Good to hear the top pair is playing well.

How did Brian Kelly look?
    Kelly played a very solid game as well. I didn't notice him all that much, which is exactly what you want in a d-man. I tend to look for Evers because he's beyond impressive to me so far. OD most improved player this year so far.

Comment

• Re: UVM 2017/18: A Gutt Check

What is the word on Michigan this year? Not in the top 20 and a start similar to ours. Looks to be a very competitive series. We beat them 3-0 at the Gutt last year and need to do the same in Ann Arbor!!

Comment

Top line tonight is Colton and Darrar centered by Misley. This could be fun.

Comment

Granted, I'm only listening to the game on the radio, but we are down 1-0 and being outshot 31-10. From what the announcers have been saying, it doesn't even sound that close. This is 3 straight games where we have been badly outplayed. Considering it sounded like the Cat's couldn't even properly manage a 5 on 3, I am going to be the first to say it's no longer too early to say we are not going to be good this year.
          Plattsburgh '11 Go Cards.
          National Champions 1992, 2001
          21 SUNYAC Championships

Norwich University
          National Champions 2000, 2003, 2010

University of Vermont
          Future National Champions 201?

Comment

• Originally posted by VermontfaninNY View Post
            Granted, I'm only listening to the game on the radio, but we are down 1-0 and being outshot 31-10. From what the announcers have been saying, it doesn't even sound that close. This is 3 straight games where we have been badly outplayed. Considering it sounded like the Cat's couldn't even properly manage a 5 on 3, I am going to be the first to say it's no longer too early to say we are not going to be good this year.
            45-16 SOG. Totally embarrassing.

Watching online. Disjointed, unorganized, confused. Lekkas is outstanding once again. Does Sneddon really not get it? I thought he was a Harvard grad. Is Bowen injured?
            Last edited by VTALUM; 10-20-2017, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by VTALUM View Post
              45-16 SOG. Totally embarrassing.

Watching online. Disjointed, unorganized, confused. Lekkas is outstanding once again. Does Sneddon really not get it? I thought he was a Harvard grad. Is Bowen injured?
              Are you saying Sneddon told them to that way? Otherwise you really need to redirect your anger at those who have the power to do something the players.

Lekkas was as always this year great and I thought Kaufman was the best forward for the second game in a row. Goal aside Colton was not a factor as was several other players we need to produce.
              The team does seem to cycle well but no matter how long they control the puck it never seems to amount to any good scoring chances. To many Dmen are getting beat 1 on 1 on rushes in the last few games leading to most of the scoring chances/goals, PK has been good but PP is trending in wrong direction.

This is what happens when you play so many freshman and the returning players you hoped would improve have not.
              New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

• Originally posted by Cat lover View Post
                Are you saying Sneddon told them to that way? Otherwise you really need to redirect your anger at those who have the power to do something the players.

Lekkas was as always this year great and I thought Kaufman was the best forward for the second game in a row. Goal aside Colton was not a factor as was several other players we need to produce.
                The team does seem to cycle well but no matter how long they control the puck it never seems to amount to any good scoring chances. To many Dmen are getting beat 1 on 1 on rushes in the last few games leading to most of the scoring chances/goals, PK has been good but PP is trending in wrong direction.

This is what happens when you play so many freshman and the returning players you hoped would improve have not.
                No anger here. What I’m saying is that we are (rough number) THREE HUNDRED shifts into this season ( not counting practice or the exhibition) and we still have no idea what the lines are. Chemistry is extremely important in hockey. Talent and grit alone are wasted if the players are confused and unfamiliar with each other.

Comment

Highlights here for anyone interested:

http://mgoblue.com/news/2017/10/21/i...end-sweep.aspx

Tough loss.

Comment

On the plus side they are undefeated in Hockey East

Comment

Originally posted by VTALUM View Post
                      No anger here. What I’m saying is that we are (rough number) THREE HUNDRED shifts into this season ( not counting practice or the exhibition) and we still have no idea what the lines are. Chemistry is extremely important in hockey. Talent and grit alone are wasted if the players are confused and unfamiliar with each other.
                      Hoping it is due to being a young team still adapting to the college game however watching Sneddon over the last 11-12 years I can see your concern.... Looked like a much better game on Saturday from a stats perspective (did not see the game. BTN loves its women's volleyball with the same game on all 2 channels and wanted $15 for the game despite me paying Verizon for cable access).

Comment

Originally posted by GreenCat View Post
                        Hoping it is due to being a young team still adapting to the college game however watching Sneddon over the last 11-12 years I can see your concern.... Looked like a much better game on Saturday from a stats perspective (did not see the game. BTN loves its women's volleyball with the same game on all 2 channels and wanted $15 for the game despite me paying Verizon for cable access).
                        Kyle "the Mouth" Wallack recruits not working out...gonna be along year but the grass will be greener next year when Sneddon lets em all go.

Comment

Originally posted by eastcoastguru View Post
                          Kyle "the Mouth" Wallack recruits not working out...gonna be along year but the grass will be greener next year when Sneddon lets em all go.
                          That seems out of left field.....
                          What's the basis of that?
                          How do we know who was recruited by whom?
                          I have never seen a list like that or a 'recruited by....' moniker anywhere.

Go Cats Go!

Comment

Originally posted by eastcoastguru View Post
                            I think this was destined to be a year with a lot of ups and downs given the lack of upperclassmen in the team (especially on defense). The real season starts on Saturday. Hopefully the coaches have built a fire under the team this week and they hit the ice with some fire...

...and stop taking stupid penalties. Stay low finishing your checks, kids.

Comment

I just read an article in the Portland Press Herald indicating a $1 million donation for a new hockey arena. I think the goal is around $5 million. This must be the additional money needed.

Comment

Originally posted by j24vt View Post
                                I think this was destined to be a year with a lot of ups and downs given the lack of upperclassmen in the team (especially on defense). The real season starts on Saturday. Hopefully the coaches have built a fire under the team this week and they hit the ice with some fire...

...and stop taking stupid penalties. Stay low finishing your checks, kids.
                                Sneddon in midweek media called out the returning players:

"I don’t think we’ve had very consistent efforts or performances from our returning players. Those are the guys that have to lead the 12 new guys and show them how it’s done."
                                https://***********/TheVTHockeyBlog
                                https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
                                NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
                                Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

Working...
                                X