Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UVM 2017/18: A Gutt Check

Originally posted by catmandoo View Post
    Brian Bowens departure is a terrible loss for this program once again. I have been saying for years that Sneddon ruins kids and degrades any kind of traditions and alumni solidarity as a result. This is a clear example..again. Bowen came to UVM excited with a dream, contributed in a big way as a sophomore, left early and ****ed off. How do you go from 2nd leading scorer to not playing in 8 months on a team that cant score? How many more can we tolerate? The word gets out from kids like him and it kills recruiting..we are just beginning to feel the effects after years of pushing kids out for the "greener" grass each year. This contract extension must be contested. We need to congregate and speak up! More players will come forward in the right venue...there are many many of them out there that have been lied and miss led including players that played all four years.

This video of Sneddon acting "surprised" about the timing of the contract extension is classic Sneddon...saying all the right thing and what people want to hear. Classic politician when when he says he doesn't pay attention to the boards and blogs because a few years back he was on a witch hunt to find out who was writing some stuff and had various people on his staff look into it.
    oh boy because he is gonna take great revenge out of middle aged men and youth hockey coaches (some who have better knowledge of the game than he does!_ and some fans which Im pretty sure is the makeup of this place - might explain why Wallyworld's dad was on here few years back! haha! maybe those people will come back - lot of his supporters on here have vanished which i say i'd like to Hear from you but also pot meet kettle for saying only the haters come out of the woodwork when they lose!

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
      Not all that surprising actually. There was a time under Sneddon's tenure that we lost the current leading scorer for three consecutive seasons, as a result of the player leaving when they still had eligibility remaining. Although I'm not 100% sure of the order, I believe it went Justin Milo, Sebastion Stalberg, and Wahs Stacey (I do know Milo was first). At the time, we all thought Milo was the problem. In retrospect, maybe Sneddon had more to do with what happened.
      To be fair Stalberg signed with Worcester in the AHL following his junior campaign, that really isn't the same thing.

Comment

So is the contract a signed deal or was it back office promise in the summer with the intent of being done? If it is done then we are set back at least 5 years as the recruiting **** storm will plague us at least 2-3 teams after this fiasco is over.

Bowen, who didn't see that coming......
        Last edited by GreenCat; 01-11-2018, 01:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyEast12 View Post
          To be fair Stalberg signed with Worcester in the AHL following his junior campaign, that really isn't the same thing.
          I'll respectfully disagree. Although the circumstances of his leaving weren't the same as Milo or Stacey, he had a year of eligibility remaining and chose not to come back. As I recall, it surprised a lot of people because it wasn't like he was a "can't miss" pro prospect. Now, including his brother in this category, that would be a different story....

Comment

• Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
            I'll respectfully disagree. Although the circumstances of his leaving weren't the same as Milo or Stacey, he had a year of eligibility remaining and chose not to come back. As I recall, it surprised a lot of people because it wasn't like he was a "can't miss" pro prospect. Now, including his brother in this category, that would be a different story....
            Players go to pro after the season is over all the time, so Stalberg wasn't an exception. He is still in the NHL, so obviously he made the right choice. And Milo was an a**hole by most accounts.

It's when guys like Bowen leave mid-season that there may be an issue. This season is getting uglier by the minute; it will be interesting to see the effort at Friday's game.

Comment

Originally posted by jfromvt View Post
              Players go to pro after the season is over all the time, so Stalberg wasn't an exception. He is still in the NHL, so obviously he made the right choice. And Milo was an a**hole by most accounts.

It's when guys like Bowen leave mid-season that there may be an issue. This season is getting uglier by the minute; it will be interesting to see the effort at Friday's game.
              There is a difference between VITKOR Stalberg the hobey finalist and stanley cup champion who is actually NOT in the NHL anymore but playing in Swiss league and his younger brother SEBASTIEN who was not a draft pick and has not played in the NHL ever and left school after his junior year when most people fellt he was not a big prospect - guys even a guy like me can understand what Texas Cat was saying, and Im not one for being the best reader and writer in the world!
              Sebastian Stalberg left a team that won 6 games - and it wasn't because he was going to the NHL - guy wanted to get out badly

Comment

Originally posted by pokecheckguy2 View Post
                There is a difference between VITKOR Stalberg the hobey finalist and stanley cup champion who is actually NOT in the NHL anymore but playing in Swiss league and his younger brother SEBASTIEN who was not a draft pick and has not played in the NHL ever and left school after his junior year when most people fellt he was not a big prospect - guys even a guy like me can understand what Texas Cat was saying, and Im not one for being the best reader and writer in the world!
                Sebastian Stalberg left a team that won 6 games - and it wasn't because he was going to the NHL - guy wanted to get out badly
                Yes, that's the point I was making. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by pokecheckguy2 View Post
                  Ok fair point, totally forgot about Sebastien, now I get the brother reference!
                  Missed his first name in your post...

Comment

Originally posted by jfromvt View Post
                    Ok fair point, totally forgot about Sebastien, now I get the brother reference!
                    Missed his first name in your post...
                    No worries.

Comment

I understand Sebastian leaving is different then Viktor, but it's still very different then mid-season departures/dismissals like Stacey & Milo. After a 31 pt season Seb's stock was likely as high as it was going to be. Plus with Gasparini here at the time having connections to San Jose I think signing with their organization made sense.

If memory serves UVM even had a press conference to announce Sebastian's signing, it was made with blessing of the coaching staff.

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyEast12 View Post
                        I understand Sebastian leaving is different then Viktor, but it's still very different then mid-season departures/dismissals like Stacey & Milo. After a 31 pt season Seb's stock was likely as high as it was going to be. Plus with Gasparini here at the time having connections to San Jose I think signing with their organization made sense.

If memory serves UVM even had a press conference to announce Sebastian's signing, it was made with blessing of the coaching staff.
                        Yeah, good points.

Comment

Just listened to the Coach’s show on 620-AM with Petty Sneddy. Why doesn’t anyone ask him serious questions? Like...why were you making your second leading scorer from last year’s team watch games from the stands? Do you realize he and Colton had the same number of points last season? Do you punish players with which you have a personality conflict? What do you think of Brady Shaw’s comments on Twitter about your extension? Have you given any consideration to resigning given the current state of the program? Why do so many of your players leave the program early? Why don’t your players progress from freshman year on? Do you believe line chemistry is important in hockey? And if so, how can you expect your lines to gel with you constantly shuffling?

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyEast12 View Post

of course the staff acted happy about it because he got a AHL deal - make em look good but high stock and strike while iron is hot all well and good but point is look at were that team was in the gutter like it was now and its best player said not sticking around for this crap! and not like they were any better following year - in fact that is when I begain to know Sneddon wasnt the right man for the job! Ross Colton will do the same thing this year - guys dont want to be around losers and coach blessing or not Seb got out before another year could ruin him just like Colton is going to have to because hes neearly been ruined numbers wise and lineup change wise already this year

youve got different groups of guys who leave UVM and bottom line is it points back to Sneddon every time except for NHL picks which SEb Stalberg was not - like I said he bailed because no need being around losing team and it all worked out because he made staff look good with AHL deal
                            -guys who are cut because Sneddon thinks he found someone better or recruited poorly because he and assistance cant ID talent or develop it
                            -guys he had in roles for 2-3 seasons who produce who leave mid or after season because they sick of the BS some leave hockey some transfer some go pro out of no other option when they want to be in school
                            -guys who leave because they don't want to lose be around the culture
                            -guys who Sneddon screws out of scholarship money like Packy Munson who has backstoped a team who was ranked for a bit this year and would probably beat UVM - Lekkas is good and all but Sneddon constantly screws up the goalie situation

it creates all the problems that have happen on ice people are talking about! its a laundry list of things and the fans are not happy - coach can be flippiant all he wants just hope he knows without the fans his program is nothing and including me who threw my tickets in the trash def know plenty of others who are looking to try and sell - just look at people trying to dump theirs off on craigslist in recent weeks - and thats not even counting people on the Facebook trying either and getting no bites! https://vermont.craigslist.org/d/tickets/search/tia

Comment

Regarding coaches show: because the host is a UVM employee is it not? I don't listen but I think Alister Ingram works for UVM if he is the one doing the questions?

Comment

• Originally posted by pokecheckguy2 View Post
                                Regarding coaches show: because the host is a UVM employee is it not? I don't listen but I think Alister Ingram works for UVM if he is the one doing the questions?
                                Alister is, yes. He gets a pass for sure (and is one of the best in calling college hockey’s games!). But why no others?

Comment

Working...
                                X