Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UVM 2017/18: A Gutt Check

Originally posted by GreenCat View Post
    Thanks!! Those are very telling numbers...
    Those numbers are very telling because it shows the effects of Sneddons recruiting, turnover, lack of development and general lack of respect as a a coach. His first five years would have been with players that were all recruited and all committed before he was on the scene. This makes it very clear but not shcoking. This extension is classic situation of Sneddon's ability to manage up and not down. This 100% will come back to haunt this ignorant AD who clearly didn't do any digging below the surface before wasting time and money. Wow. I am shocked and really truly feel for these players.

Comment

Originally posted by Catamount93 View Post
      It tells me we are complacent and not motivated to improve.

There is very little pressure for them to improve, other than a few comments on this message board. As stated above, there are zero tough questions coming from the mainstream media....none. Reporting on the team is factual only...never any speculation about the future of the program, what it takes to do better, why they failed, etc. Our ADs seem to have always had endless patience, other ADs have next to none. It's small market thinking with small market results. North Dakota doesn't think small with their hockey program...why do we?

There is this feeling at UVM with sports that every tiny piece of athletic success is a joyous gift to be enjoyed but never expected...have fun when we win a few games because we can never expect to keep it up. Oh, we are on a good run now...lets all meet the team at the bus coming home and cheer, because we know it is unlikely to happen again soon. It was like that when I was there 30 years ago and it has been like that ever since. As long as that continues to be the lens that we look at our sports teams through, this will never change.

I live in Boston now, and I can tell you that coaches for these schools down here win or they get fired. Generally they win, but when it doesn't happen then adios.

The lack of aspiration for success is just demoralizing as an alum. UVM as an institution has exactly two (men's) sports you can follow with reasonable ease if you don't live in Vermont...basketball and hockey. If you don't try your best to be good at those, you are just alienating your alumni base. I can guarantee that any and all money spent on those two sports would come back twofold + in donations...sports are the only thing that really keep alumni attached to and thinking about their alma mater...it has been proven time and again at schools nationwide and UVM just doesn't get it.
      wow! I knew it was not good because the programs that past uvm but being second worst team since that first run and you get to keep your job what a joke!! what does that tell me? tells me Sneddon SUCKS!!
      I agree with the whole thing that UVM just acts like all of us are lucky to even have the privilage to watch their sports teams and should never question no matter what - not anymore you made the decision to join the big boys starting with Bob Corran and now you have to live up to the expectation if you didnt want that should stay in ECAC where things were just average. this is why i dont like When people say UVM is what it is because that's not true anymore! they wanted this move and that comes with the pressure but they are expert at making people never pressure them!
      The media said my part about bootlicker Ted who i lost all respect for in recent year and the other folks from the TV that do it lot of them probably dont even know the rules of hockey or know game because they coming from places where hockey isnt even on the radar so they have no prospective being pretty young and stuff but also they ALL are scared to bite the hand that feeds! no accountability leads to bad people keeping jobs and it is exacly what we have here! but also Sneddon is the master of making people think hes great which is why he still has a job and nobody wants to question him "he's such a nice guy! -- well you can be a nice guy and a guy who shouldnt be coaching a division 1 college hockey team in one of the best leagues in USA in a sport with only 59 teams where you are dead last and the data proves you are not going to make it any better when despite what all say UVM is FULLY capable of winning a national title with the right coach and mentality!!

EMPTY THE GUTT
      FIRE SNEDDON
      FIRE SCHULMAN

Comment

Originally posted by Vermont Ref View Post
        Not going to games punishes the athletes. If you think it is their fault (which I don't think is the case) then why hurt the players, it will also hurt recruiting. Do you want to be part of the solution or problem. if you are dissatisfied then take your issues to the AD or above, including the trustees, but don't make it worse for the players, they may need us now more than ever.

What I have generally not been seeing is that extra hustle to beat the other player to the puck and 60 minutes of play; which is what often makes the difference. I don't know if that is all coaching, team leadership, or what causes it. Sometimes one or two players can bring a team down, just like one or two employees can to that. This team has talent, it just needs that extra desire. We also have a young defense, so I'm not surprised with the GAA, but am surprised we aren't scoring more.

I will continue to support the team, because I think that is what a true fan does - they are there for you no matter what.

lengthy and detailed communication has been to the president and trustees. They do not want to hear and defended every action Sneddon has made.

Comment

• Originally posted by catmandoo View Post
          lengthy and detailed communication has been to the president and trustees. They do not want to hear and defended every action Sneddon has made.
          Are you saying you had a lengthy and detailed communication with the president and trustees?

Comment

Sneddon has to have dirt on the AD, you would think he was the best coach in the NCAA by how is treated. Can the Burlington Free Press do some real journalism for once and find out what it is?

Comment

of course the departures start early!! Bowen is "gone to go pro" im sure all by his design another one Sneddon ran off! https://twitter.com/erincofiell/stat...30328768737282
              Also what a jerk he comes off as in this video saying the real fans wouldnt question him basically https://twitter.com/JackMyNBC5/statu...97469513314309
              what a unbelieveable joke this entire once proud prgram has become

Comment

also I want to point that in that video Sneddon takes a shot at 'some blogger" which i def know he is talking about you Lisa - keep the good fight please and be the true voice we need in print!! you have support

Comment

• Originally posted by pokecheckguy2 View Post
                  also I want to point that in that video Sneddon takes a shot at 'some blogger" which i def know he is talking about you Lisa - keep the good fight please and be the true voice we need in print!! you have support
                  Agree the comment about the blogger had to be Lisa. He also mentioned a fan board, which is likely this site.

Comment

Originally posted by pokecheckguy2 View Post
                    Hah. I didn't even catch that. I don't even watch the pressers anymore, nothing but cliches and coachspeak. (I'm unable to attend the pressers normally, as they're usually around noon and I have a noon class on the other side of campus)
                    https://twitter.com/TheVTHockeyBlog
                    https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
                    NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
                    Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

Was bored last night so I went through the line ups for the last 19 games. I did not use the line ups from the exhibition game. The coaching staff has used 39 different line combinations out of 76 possible lines (19 games x 4 lines).
                      Here are the lines that have played together for 3 or more games:

Misley, Lodermeier, Esposito 10 games
                      Cowans, Kaufman, Petruzzelli 7 games
                      Privitera, Colton, Puffer 5 games
                      Privitera, Kaufman, Puffer 4 games
                      Colton, Darrar, Bowen 3 games
                      Privitera, Coughlin, O’Neil 3 games
                      Alvaro, Darrar, Bowen 3 games
                      O’Neil, Petruzzelli, Cowans 3 games
                      Misley, Coughlin, Esposito 3 games

There were 6 lines that played two games together and the remaining 24 line combinations were used in 1 game.

Ross Colton has been on lines with 11 of the 17 forwards on the roster. He needs to be on lines with Dzhioshvili, Coughlin, Blanleil, Best, Cowans, and Frechette to complete the roster. He is either really popular or a complete a-hole

There was only one weekend (games 10 and 11 vs. BC) where the lines remained the same for both nights. I get that there are a lot of talented kids on the team but juggling every line for almost every game seems excessive. The coaching staff doesn’t seem to believe in line chemistry.

ps. I have not double checked my numbers
                      Last edited by j24vt; 01-10-2018, 07:03 PM.

Comment

“SOPHOMORE SEASON (2016-17): Skated in 33 games, registering a team-high 12 goals and 15 assists to tie for second on the team with 27 points ...“

Oh well, at least we still have Sneddon!

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
                          Agree the comment about the blogger had to be Lisa. He also mentioned a fan board, which is likely this site.
                          for someone who says he doesnt care what we think sure did take a lot of effort calling out the places we come to to have a voice! meanwhile one of his best players he runs out of the program yet again - I'd say Ben Finkelstien who just left SLU would be a nice replacement but reading the tea leaves in that free press article on him doesnt sound like he was too happy with the lack of recruitment he got from UVM! and SLU might have the balls to admit there terrible mistake of hiring that abusive clown of coach and fire him by end of investigation - if Sneddon pulled something even close to that hed get a raise!! pathetic!

Comment

Originally posted by pokecheckguy2 View Post
                            of course the departures start early!! Bowen is "gone to go pro" im sure all by his design another one Sneddon ran off! https://twitter.com/erincofiell/stat...30328768737282
                            Also what a jerk he comes off as in this video saying the real fans wouldnt question him basically https://twitter.com/JackMyNBC5/statu...97469513314309
                            what a unbelieveable joke this entire once proud program has become
                            Brian Bowens departure is a terrible loss for this program once again. I have been saying for years that Sneddon ruins kids and degrades any kind of traditions and alumni solidarity as a result. This is a clear example..again. Bowen came to UVM excited with a dream, contributed in a big way as a sophomore, left early and ****ed off. How do you go from 2nd leading scorer to not playing in 8 months on a team that cant score? How many more can we tolerate? The word gets out from kids like him and it kills recruiting..we are just beginning to feel the effects after years of pushing kids out for the "greener" grass each year. This contract extension must be contested. We need to congregate and speak up! More players will come forward in the right venue...there are many many of them out there that have been lied and miss led including players that played all four years.

This video of Sneddon acting "surprised" about the timing of the contract extension is classic Sneddon...saying all the right thing and what people want to hear. Classic politician when when he says he doesn't pay attention to the boards and blogs because a few years back he was on a witch hunt to find out who was writing some stuff and had various people on his staff look into it.

Comment

Originally posted by Play$Maker View Post
                              I think we have all talked about the “running off” of players. It happens every year - I can point to minimum of 2 (and usually 3) every year for the last 11.

I came to like Bowen on this team last year; thought he was the “go to guy” in the playoffs. Then what happens, the final game against BC in the playoffs - he sits!!!! He was our key scorer at that point. I assumed he may have gotten hurt or did something wrong. NOT!

Now this year, Bowen barely plays. Bowen, Blanleil, and Best (all upper class) have less total number of games (19) then UVM has played in total as a team this season. How do these guys sit so much???? Blanleil is an Assistant; was he not chosen for this role by his team as a leader? He has 1/3 the games he played last season. Best in 3 games (I’m told he is NOT hurt) has 1 goal. I mean I’m all for playing the freshmen like Misley (18 games) to get them ice, but if we have player that has experience and can score - versus 18 games without hitting the twine - what is going on???

The answer: It is Sneddon’s way of “Running Players” off...Blanleil is a Sr - so he will be gone. Bowen and Best are Juniors, but the handwriting on the wall - I bet will lose them. If rumors about Colton and his displeasure are true - he’ll leave of his own accord. All we need to do is lose Lekkas.

Thanks Schulman. I concur with the new push:

#FIRESCHULMAN
                              #FIRESNEDDON
                              #SAVEUVMHOCKEY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              I would have never guessed it would have happened this soon, but so far Sneddon on track with what history has shown. Amazing to me no one raises this to the ESPN/NCAA level to shine a light in this stuff.

Oh well. Good luck to Bowen - I am disappointed for us fans. After 15 years of season tickets it just feels like a slap in the face. And nothing can be done about it but watching the smirk of someone on TV who really shouldn’t be here. Shame on the University.

#NCAA
                              #ESPN
                              #SAVEUVMHOCKEY
                              #FIRE SCHULMAN
                              #FIRE SNEDDON

Comment

Originally posted by catmandoo View Post
                                How do you go from 2nd leading scorer to not playing in 8 months on a team that cant score?
                                Not all that surprising actually. There was a time under Sneddon's tenure that we lost the current leading scorer for three consecutive seasons, as a result of the player leaving when they still had eligibility remaining. Although I'm not 100% sure of the order, I believe it went Justin Milo, Sebastion Stalberg, and Wahs Stacey (I do know Milo was first). At the time, we all thought Milo was the problem. In retrospect, maybe Sneddon had more to do with what happened.

Comment

Working...
                                X