X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
    Brady Shaw just dropped this bomb on Twitter:

https://***********/shawsy28/status/949458558411771909
    Wow, good for him for speaking his mind. "Three more years of zero skill development." Ouch! This speaks volumes!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by j24vt View Post
      Has Sneddon's new contract actually been signed?
      Don't think so. Sounds like a verbal thing, which Schulan can renege on if he's got the guts/sense to do so!

Comment

• Re: UVM 2017/18: A Gutt Check

Viva la révolution

Comment

didnt watch or listen to a second of the game because thats my goal but what an embarrassment - so good Brady Shaw spoke his mind because he is 100 % right!! and not like he wouldnt know not only was he a good player who Sneddon messed up kids dad is a NHL player and coach! very brave for him to come forward and i hope he lets other former players feel the same way because they wore the jersey with pride and many of them stay at UVM 4 years because they love beautiful Burlington and all the scool and town have to offer in spite of their crapbag hockey coach! i bet you many of the players Sneddon runs off dont want to leave but have to go because they get their money pulled and they cant afford it after
          Hey Schulman you feel good about what you did last summer and the full faith in the program now? LOSER!

Comment

• Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
            Don't think so. Sounds like a verbal thing, which Schulan can renege on if he's got the guts/sense to do so!
            Schulman is going to set this program back more than the hazing scandal if he goes through with this!!

Comment

Originally posted by GreenCat View Post
              Schulman is going to set this program back more than the hazing scandal if he goes through with this!!
              he should have canned Sneddon after the second hazing scandal dont care if they had a good record at the time but cant let go of his VT national buddy!

Comment

and if uvm wanted to show that mattered they would have stripped the "captains" of their role (in reference to the second hazing scandal)

Comment

Originally posted by pokecheckguy2 View Post
                  didnt watch or listen to a second of the game because thats my goal but what an embarrassment - so good Brady Shaw spoke his mind because he is 100 % right!! and not like he wouldnt know not only was he a good player who Sneddon messed up kids dad is a NHL player and coach! very brave for him to come forward and i hope he lets other former players feel the same way because they wore the jersey with pride and many of them stay at UVM 4 years because they love beautiful Burlington and all the scool and town have to offer in spite of their crapbag hockey coach! i bet you many of the players Sneddon runs off dont want to leave but have to go because they get their money pulled and they cant afford it after
                  Hey Schulman you feel good about what you did last summer and the full faith in the program now? LOSER!
                  I think we have all talked about the “running off” of players. It happens every year - I can point to minimum of 2 (and usually 3) every year for the last 11.

I came to like Bowen on this team last year; thought he was the “go to guy” in the playoffs. Then what happens, the final game against BC in the playoffs - he sits!!!! He was our key scorer at that point. I assumed he may have gotten hurt or did something wrong. NOT!

Now this year, Bowen barely plays. Bowen, Blanleil, and Best (all upper class) have less total number of games (19) then UVM has played in total as a team this season. How do these guys sit so much???? Blanleil is an Assistant; was he not chosen for this role by his team as a leader? He has 1/3 the games he played last season. Best in 3 games (I’m told he is NOT hurt) has 1 goal. I mean I’m all for playing the freshmen like Misley (18 games) to get them ice, but if we have player that has experience and can score - versus 18 games without hitting the twine - what is going on???

The answer: It is Sneddon’s way of “Running Players” off...Blanleil is a Sr - so he will be gone. Bowen and Best are Juniors, but the handwriting on the wall - I bet will lose them. If rumors about Colton and his displeasure are true - he’ll leave of his own accord. All we need to do is lose Lekkas.

Thanks Schulman. I concur with the new push:

#FIRESCHULMAN
                  #FIRESNEDDON
                  #SAVEUVMHOCKEY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Play$Maker View Post
                    I think we have all talked about the “running off” of players. It happens every year - I can point to minimum of 2 (and usually 3) every year for the last 11.

I came to like Bowen on this team last year; thought he was the “go to guy” in the playoffs. Then what happens, the final game against BC in the playoffs - he sits!!!! He was our key scorer at that point. I assumed he may have gotten hurt or did something wrong. NOT!

Now this year, Bowen barely plays. Bowen, Blanleil, and Best (all upper class) have less total number of games (19) then UVM has played in total as a team this season. How do these guys sit so much???? Blanleil is an Assistant; was he not chosen for this role by his team as a leader? He has 1/3 the games he played last season. Best in 3 games (I’m told he is NOT hurt) has 1 goal. I mean I’m all for playing the freshmen like Misley (18 games) to get them ice, but if we have player that has experience and can score - versus 18 games without hitting the twine - what is going on???

The answer: It is Sneddon’s way of “Running Players” off...Blanleil is a Sr - so he will be gone. Bowen and Best are Juniors, but the handwriting on the wall - I bet will lose them. If rumors about Colton and his displeasure are true - he’ll leave of his own accord. All we need to do is lose Lekkas.

Thanks Schulman. I concur with the new push:

#FIRESCHULMAN
                    #FIRESNEDDON
                    #SAVEUVMHOCKEY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Blanleil had some injuries, but there's no excuse for the others tbh
                    https://***********/TheVTHockeyBlog
                    https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
                    NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
                    Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

Shaw and Chris McCarthy are currently arguing on Twitter about this

Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

What’s the argument? I’m Twitter-ignorant!

Comment

And DeCenzo. Thanks for the heads up, it's interesting! DeCenzo and Shaw saying all the same things we have -- too many experienced players sitting and young rookies taking their lumps on the ice to the detriment of the team.

Comment

Originally posted by VTALUM View Post
                            What’s the argument? I’m Twitter-ignorant!
                            In the replies to Shaw's original tweet:

CM: "Do you think NCAA rules on practice have an impact on skill development as a whole? I do. Only so many hours your “allowed” to work with players. Lots of turnover also hurts teams I know this because I was apart of it at one point. Top 10 team to winning maybe 6 games followin yr"

BS: "The practice time allotment makes sense. Still think you need to make more time for it at a developmental level. Turnover is also a factor, but I’ve played with most of these guys, this team is better than 4 wins"

Then Anthony DeCenzo chimes in: "UVM is 59th/60 rn and handing out a mid season extension.. it’s like the Browns keeping Hue Jackson after going 0-16 and winning 1 in the last 2 years. I think @shawsy28 [Shaw's twitter] is just saying that part doesn’t add up. And tough to argue practice time when every team gets the same amt"

CM: "I am also saying turnover has a big roll in this, you know that from experience too what was it under 10 wins one yr to an NCAA birth and always in top 20 our sr year. If you arnt a bc or bu and gettin fresh studs tough to win early and consistently. Browns do stink tho"

BS: "We had 12 frosh your senior year when we made tourney, every team deals with turnover in school"

CM: "How many played a consistent roll 5? Look back at how many upperclassman there were on that team with experience on how you have to win when only playing two nights a week back to back"

BS: "There are upperclassmen on this team who have been to the garden and have plenty of wins too. Problem is frosh come in and get big minutes before they are ready and the guys who are battle tested are in the stands afraid to make mistakes. Causes friction"

AD: "High turnover is just the nature of college sports. Winning consistently year in and year out is what your paying for in a coach. More so than any level cuz it’s the only constant in a program unlike pros where you can lock down a superstar for a decade +"

CM: "But that’s my exact point, tough to win with young teams (because of all the turnover) if you aren’t getting the freshman studs like the BCs or BUs of the college world, when you look and see successful teams more times than not they are older"

BS: "Recipe for our tourney team. Veterans while acclimating a couple young guys at a time. It’s changed, too many vets in the stands watching the freshman go through the growing pains and then having to battle back in the second half when you’re in a hole"

CM: "I get what your saying but at a certain point if the production isn’t there you have to begin a new chapter, I don’t know how the season or roster looked at the beginning of the season, just obviously results haven’t been there. And I don’t know the full dynamics of this team as well as you do but when you are a 4 win team don’t you play the younger guys at a certain point to try and get them that experience for the upcoming season. So you don’t go through the growing pains for another full year."
                            Last edited by TovarishchLisa; 01-06-2018, 03:40 PM.

Comment

In the replies to Shaw's original tweet:

CM: "Do you think NCAA rules on practice have an impact on skill development as a whole? I do. Only so many hours your “allowed” to work with players. Lots of turnover also hurts teams I know this because I was apart of it at one point. Top 10 team to winning maybe 6 games followin yr"

BS: "The practice time allotment makes sense. Still think you need to make more time for it at a developmental level. Turnover is also a factor, but I’ve played with most of these guys, this team is better than 4 wins"

Then Anthony DeCenzo chimes in: "UVM is 59th/60 rn and handing out a mid season extension.. it’s like the Browns keeping Hue Jackson after going 0-16 and winning 1 in the last 2 years. I think @shawsy28 [Shaw's twitter] is just saying that part doesn’t add up. And tough to argue practice time when every team gets the same amt"

CM: "I am also saying turnover has a big roll in this, you know that from experience too what was it under 10 wins one yr to an NCAA birth and always in top 20 our sr year. If you arnt a bc or bu and gettin fresh studs tough to win early and consistently. Browns do stink tho"

BS: "We had 12 frosh your senior year when we made tourney, every team deals with turnover in school"

CM: "How many played a consistent roll 5? Look back at how many upperclassman there were on that team with experience on how you have to win when only playing two nights a week back to back"

BS: "There are upperclassmen on this team who have been to the garden and have plenty of wins too. Problem is frosh come in and get big minutes before they are ready and the guys who are battle tested are in the stands afraid to make mistakes. Causes friction"

AD: "High turnover is just the nature of college sports. Winning consistently year in and year out is what your paying for in a coach. More so than any level cuz it’s the only constant in a program unlike pros where you can lock down a superstar for a decade +"

CM: "But that’s my exact point, tough to win with young teams (because of all the turnover) if you aren’t getting the freshman studs like the BCs or BUs of the college world, when you look and see successful teams more times than not they are older"

BS: "Recipe for our tourney team. Veterans while acclimating a couple young guys at a time. It’s changed, too many vets in the stands watching the freshman go through the growing pains and then having to battle back in the second half when you’re in a hole"

CM: "I get what your saying but at a certain point if the production isn’t there you have to begin a new chapter, I don’t know how the season or roster looked at the beginning of the season, just obviously results haven’t been there. And I don’t know the full dynamics of this team as well as you do but when you are a 4 win team don’t you play the younger guys at a certain point to try and get them that experience for the upcoming season. So you don’t go through the growing pains for another full year."
                              I think it's awesome that actual players who have moved on seemingly have as much interest in this as we do.

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
                                I think it's awesome that actual players who have moved on seemingly have as much interest in this as we do.
                                I think it's awesome that they still care. A lot of fans don't seem to.

I'd be shocked if the student section is half full for Lowell when we're back from break tbh, especially with basketball having home games.

Comment

Working...
                                X