Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UVM 2017/18: A Gutt Check

Originally posted by catmandoo View Post
    Brian Bowens departure is a terrible loss for this program once again. I have been saying for years that Sneddon ruins kids and degrades any kind of traditions and alumni solidarity as a result. This is a clear example..again. Bowen came to UVM excited with a dream, contributed in a big way as a sophomore, left early and ****ed off. How do you go from 2nd leading scorer to not playing in 8 months on a team that cant score? How many more can we tolerate? The word gets out from kids like him and it kills recruiting..we are just beginning to feel the effects after years of pushing kids out for the "greener" grass each year. This contract extension must be contested. We need to congregate and speak up! More players will come forward in the right venue...there are many many of them out there that have been lied and miss led including players that played all four years.

This video of Sneddon acting "surprised" about the timing of the contract extension is classic Sneddon...saying all the right thing and what people want to hear. Classic politician when when he says he doesn't pay attention to the boards and blogs because a few years back he was on a witch hunt to find out who was writing some stuff and had various people on his staff look into it.
    Fear of retaliation and being put on the outs I suspect is a big reason why more former players, fans or prominent community and media members aren't speaking out. If there was a right venue, I'd love to see it but for now I think what Shaw and DeCenzo said might be the last we see of that sort of thing for a while unless there's a big shift. It's interesting Justin Milo got brought up. While he and his father might have been a bit nuts, they attempted to go to the media with their story, sued the school and much more, but they got dismissed as being nuts, and prominent media members made the Milos a butt of jokes. I'm certainly betting that even if the Milos were a-holes as someone else put it, there probably were some truths in what they were saying, but it was just considered crazy talk. I don't have the details, but that kind of sets the tone for how the program is protected. The second hazing scandal was barely even considered a big deal after about 2-3 days.

I also think some local reporters are afraid to run any story or opinion on the poor state of the program and its red flags because they might be worried their access and careers will be threatened if UVM tries to flex its muscle on them, so they go on as "business as usual."

Comment

We need to start a chant @ Friday nights game or when the students get back.....FIRE SNEDDON!!!......FIRE SNEDDON!!!! That will stir some things up maybe. Just a thought

Comment

Originally posted by newuvmarena View Post
        We need to start a chant @ Friday nights game or when the students get back.....FIRE SNEDDON!!!......FIRE SNEDDON!!!! That will stir some things up maybe. Just a thought
        Students will be back for the Lowell series. Some that come up the day before could be back in time for the Saturday game.
        https://***********/TheVTHockeyBlog
        https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
        NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
        Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

Originally posted by VTALUM View Post
          Alister is, yes. He gets a pass for sure (and is one of the best in calling college hockey’s games!). But why no others?
          Yep, Alastair is the director of comms or something of that nature. He's fantastic on the mic and he's a real great guy to work with (he's the media contact for a number of sports including hockey).
          https://***********/TheVTHockeyBlog
          https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
          NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
          Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

• Originally posted by Charlie Catamount View Post
            Fear of retaliation and being put on the outs I suspect is a big reason why more former players, fans or prominent community and media members aren't speaking out. If there was a right venue, I'd love to see it but for now I think what Shaw and DeCenzo said might be the last we see of that sort of thing for a while unless there's a big shift. It's interesting Justin Milo got brought up. While he and his father might have been a bit nuts, they attempted to go to the media with their story, sued the school and much more, but they got dismissed as being nuts, and prominent media members made the Milos a butt of jokes. I'm certainly betting that even if the Milos were a-holes as someone else put it, there probably were some truths in what they were saying, but it was just considered crazy talk. I don't have the details, but that kind of sets the tone for how the program is protected. The second hazing scandal was barely even considered a big deal after about 2-3 days.

I also think some local reporters are afraid to run any story or opinion on the poor state of the program and its red flags because they might be worried their access and careers will be threatened if UVM tries to flex its muscle on them, so they go on as "business as usual."
            Burlngton is a small media market. In urban markets, it's the columnists and sports talk guys that beat down on the teams. The TV sports guys and reporters tend to report. So here, we have Ted Ryan, who covers the team as a reporter but also is a columnist of a sort. And the TV stations basically show the highlights and cover the pre-weekend press conferences. They are in a tough spot, but I think it's like this in most smallish college towns. I don't listen to the 101.3 talk show because the guy is such a jerk, but I bet not a lot of calls on UVM hockey, probably mostly Red Sox and NFL. Core fans are passionate, but most people are not. It's amazing how many casual fans I talk to that don't try to get tickets because they think UVM sells out every game.
            Last edited by jfromvt; 01-11-2018, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Bowen went to the Worcester Railers (ECHL): http://railershc.com/railers-hc-sign...e-brian-bowen/

Comment

Jeff Schulman owes it to himself to at least have a conversation with Dominique Ducharme before signing Sneddon's new contract. I would think that Ducharme as coach would make fundraising for the new building a layup with alumni.

Comment

I think Ducharme would obviously be a huge get, but I don't think there's any chance he comes. We probably couldn't afford him either. World Junior Gold (18), Silver (17), Memorial Cup Champ I think his next move will be to the NHL.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyEast12 View Post
                    I think Ducharme would obviously be a huge get, but I don't think there's any chance he comes. We probably couldn't afford him either. World Junior Gold (18), Silver (17), Memorial Cup Champ I think his next move will be to the NHL.
                    Unfortunately for us I think this is true. He could be the next coach of the Canadiens if we're being honest about his current rising stock. He is Quebecois after all...

Comment

Originally posted by TeddySmooth View Post
                      Unfortunately for us I think this is true. He could be the next coach of the Canadiens if we're being honest about his current rising stock. He is Quebecois after all...
                      And English is a second language

Comment

Maybe Brady Leisenring?

Comment

Originally posted by jfromvt View Post
                          Burlngton is a small media market. In urban markets, it's the columnists and sports talk guys that beat down on the teams. The TV sports guys and reporters tend to report. So here, we have Ted Ryan, who covers the team as a reporter but also is a columnist of a sort. And the TV stations basically show the highlights and cover the pre-weekend press conferences. They are in a tough spot, but I think it's like this in most smallish college towns. I don't listen to the 101.3 talk show because the guy is such a jerk, but I bet not a lot of calls on UVM hockey, probably mostly Red Sox and NFL. Core fans are passionate, but most people are not. It's amazing how many casual fans I talk to that don't try to get tickets because they think UVM sells out every game.
                          I know for a fact that a few seasons ago (4 or 5 maybe) when a certain guest host on 101.3 ESPN asked Sneddon some tough questions - Sneddon was NOT happy and told ESPN that he would not call into the show again as long as said guest host was on the air.

Comment

agree - he is worth the phone call even if he say no right away because he will be a major alum that the school should have a strong relation with especially if he is headed for NHL!
                            honestly there is so much talent out there that could coach this team to something more respectable than Sneddon and the longer they keep him around for this dumpster fire the more those guys like the Ellsworth Rolston land other jobs and they miss out - dont let anyone fool you people know UVM is a great job that what it lacks in strength room and custom hot tubs or whatever you make up in support because its packed when team wins in a legendary barn that should have a nice refresh coming to bring it into the modern age and the pay theyd give you is very good living in VT also you get one of the best leagues to coach in that is the most foolish part of making that deal in the summer any good AD knows when to pull the plug when it is clear there has been a plateau but with small time mentality in the big leagues UVM is shooting self in foot

Comment

I know for a fact that a few seasons ago (4 or 5 maybe) when a certain guest host on 101.3 ESPN asked Sneddon some tough questions - Sneddon was NOT happy and told ESPN that he would not call into the show again as long as said guest host was on the air.
                              hahah can't take the heat get out of the kitchen thought a Havard man would understand that much!

Comment

Who was the host?

Comment

Working...
                                X