Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UVM 2017/18: A Gutt Check

Originally posted by VTALUM View Post
    I honestly don’t see the lack of success as a talent issue.
    I don't either.
    https://twitter.com/TheVTHockeyBlog
    https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
    NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
    Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

• Originally posted by VTALUM View Post
      I honestly don’t see the lack of success as a talent issue. It’s guidance, systems, line cohesion, etc. However they’re doing it, we are landing some great recruits. It’s the on-ice development once they’re here which is falling short.
      I agree with this as well. It is the ongoing development once here.

Watch out for Carvel and UMass who are on their way to passing UVM.

Comment

Originally posted by catmandoo View Post
        There are way more than that. Its up near 30 since Sneddon got here. There is not other program anywhere close and just wait until next year....
        I would say with the ones listed probably at least 20 more names I agree. Off the top of my head Ryan Rosenthal, Mike Montagna, Josh Franklin, Brook Harrington, Matt Marshall, Alex Vazzano, Arhtur GRiem, Blake Doerring, and that kid who never played a game named Charlie something even more if you go back to early years of Sneddon - and then yeah add in all recruit who did not show up and it is not a good trend!

Agree with the people here - I see talent I dont see coaching! too am worried about UMass they have great classes and a good coach in place there! Maine still crazy can score 7 goals for a win and let in 5 a next night but been more impressed with what they are this year no reason to think the way UVM has played they could not get to them this weekend like I said the worst thing to be is the team just above Merrimack in the standings!!

Comment

Originally posted by pokecheckguy2 View Post
          I would say with the ones listed probably at least 20 more names I agree. Off the top of my head Ryan Rosenthal, Mike Montagna, Josh Franklin, Brook Harrington, Matt Marshall, Alex Vazzano, Arhtur GRiem, Blake Doerring, and that kid who never played a game named Charlie something even more if you go back to early years of Sneddon - and then yeah add in all recruit who did not show up and it is not a good trend!

Agree with the people here - I see talent I dont see coaching! too am worried about UMass they have great classes and a good coach in place there! Maine still crazy can score 7 goals for a win and let in 5 a next night but been more impressed with what they are this year no reason to think the way UVM has played they could not get to them this weekend like I said the worst thing to be is the team just above Merrimack in the standings!!
          Matt Marshall was here for all 4 years...
          Originally posted by Hokydad
          Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
            Matt Marshall was here for all 4 years...
            yes but he had another year to play and left to play because of injury one season for Northeastern his last year not going to pretend he was a big loss but he did opt to go play somewhere else

Comment

Chris Atkinson transferred after two-plus years at UVM, I believe to a D3 school.

Comment

yes but he had another year to play and left to play because of injury one season for Northeastern his last year not going to pretend he was a big loss but he did opt to go play somewhere else
                He went to graduate school, that was the primary motivation. If he had stayed at UVM for graduate school he would have played. It was an academic choice, not an athletic one. We can pin a lot of departures on Sneddon, Marshall isn't one of them.
                Originally posted by Hokydad
                Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

He went to graduate school, that was the primary motivation. If he had stayed at UVM for graduate school he would have played. It was an academic choice, not an athletic one. We can pin a lot of departures on Sneddon, Marshall isn't one of them.
                  Not only that, but I don't think he ever played at NU.

Comment

Playing Maine is always good for what ails you
                    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                      Ya, things could be different this year though. I'm certainly not gonna make any outlandish predictions in UVM's favor.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                        Cmon wally, after all the flashes Maine has shown this year you don't think they can string it together for a game plus?

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                          Cmon wally, after all the flashes Maine has shown this year you don't think they can string it together for a game plus?
                          Nope. Haven't seen it in years, doubt we see it this weekend. Good goalie for Vermont will look like Hasek for at least one game

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Matt Marshall was a very good player and with a little confidence and development from the coaches could have had a good career here. NHL scouts get kids wrong but there was a reason he was drafted. Just another forward that didn't develop at all here.

Comment

Thats not true at all. Marshall hated it here. Sneddon NEVER played him his junior year. He couldn't wait to get out of here and used the graduate school transfer so he didn't have to sit out.

Comment

Originally posted by catmandoo View Post
                                Matt Marshall was a very good player and with a little confidence and development from the coaches could have had a good career here. NHL scouts get kids wrong but there was a reason he was drafted. Just another forward that didn't develop at all here.
                                skills were there but sometimes can only go by the numbers so i don't really disagree! but it does add to the whole Sneddon can't develop a player to save his life - so many of the guys who got better seems like they did in spite of him the way things are going now! bottom line is if kid leaves and is replaced by another kid that no better by the numbers and also leaves it is a big problem and its high time is stopped - that and making the talent that you have successful the job of a real coach!

Comment

Working...
                                X