Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718

Thread: UVM 2017/18: A Gutt Check

(Comrade Fox)

Re: UVM 2017/18: A Gutt Check

Quote Originally Posted by Play$Maker View Post
    - 8 Freshmen have 10 games or more, again only 2 have less than 10 (Harmon and Frechette who both looked solid last night).
    3, because Dzhioshvili hasn't played yet.

As for Lekkas or Harmon...I'd say Harmon's earned himself some more reps. I'm just annoyed it took this long. Stef looked like he needed a breather a month ago. That being said it does look like goaltending for this team is at least decent.
    https://twitter.com/TheVTHockeyBlog
    https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
    NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14
    Year of Graduation: \_(ツ)_/

UVM record in games I've attended as a student:

Men's: 19-17-3
    Women's: 7-15-3

/r/collegehockey moderator

Quote Originally Posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
    3, because Dzhioshvili hasn't played yet.

As for Lekkas or Harmon...I'd say Harmon's earned himself some more reps. I'm just annoyed it took this long. Stef looked like he needed a breather a month ago. That being said it does look like goaltending for this team is at least decent.
    Fair points!!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCat View Post
    Are you fn serious? UML had done nothing prior to Bazin and Providence was in the doldrums for years. Both are excelling after bringing legit coaching. Watching UML BU game tonight and it is like a division above us. Lastly our best games were against CC and game 2 v Michigan and since then, as typical of Sneddon teams, we have gotten worse.
    Yes I am serious. 44 years of D1 and three coaches, all of whom have a sub-.500 record (not counting Cross' record in D2). That's a lot of history. Obviously a good coach makes a difference, and maybe the next one will be a good one, but until they renovate the Gut, this is an average program at best. And recruiting will always be an issue for UVM. We are the Hockey version of Mississippi State Football. BTW - I am not a Sneddon fan, I agree he should be gone.

My best bet (or fondest hope) is that they see no benefit of firing him mid-season when there isn't another viable, obvious option available. Probably let him play out the year, finish his contract, then fire him when coaches start to shuffle and there is someone available they can jump on. That's my hope.

Now UVM Cat in Georgia

Quote Originally Posted by Catamount93 View Post
    My best bet (or fondest hope) is that they see no benefit of firing him mid-season when there isn't another viable, obvious option available. Probably let him play out the year, finish his contract, then fire him when coaches start to shuffle and there is someone available they can jump on. That's my hope.
    Hate to say this, but since this season is pretty much shot anyway, I kinda hope the team does no better during the second half. That may be enough incentive for Schulman to actually do something.

Quote Originally Posted by jfromvt View Post
    Yes I am serious. 44 years of D1 and three coaches, all of whom have a sub-.500 record (not counting Cross' record in D2). That's a lot of history. Obviously a good coach makes a difference, and maybe the next one will be a good one, but until they renovate the Gut, this is an average program at best. And recruiting will always be an issue for UVM. We are the Hockey version of Mississippi State Football. BTW - I am not a Sneddon fan, I agree he should be gone.
    do you feel this way about the basketball team and Patrick Gym?? there was a whole lot of history of losing and the great Tom Brennan who got a beautiful ceremony for the court naming last night was sub-.500 but the basketball program is not in the gutter because of the facility! we have to stop this it has been an excuse for such lot time and the renovation will help but a facility is not be all end all as so many want to think go look at the college hockey history books and the champs and see some of their facility!! winning culture and the culture currently is bad and very clear Sneddon not getting throug cant create winners anymore!

Also of course Sneddon will have his job full year the key is if he cannot turn this around and its another 8-10 wins season that Schulman does not give him the option year on his contract and let him walk free and start over! why put self on hook for another year if there is no sign of improvement if that is the case it is a serious slapps in the face to all the fans of this team!

(Comrade Fox)

Quote Originally Posted by Catamount93 View Post
    Coaches only tend to leave midseason if there's a scandal (Morris at Clarkson - and potentially again at SLU - comes to mind) or a serious health problem
    https://twitter.com/TheVTHockeyBlog
    https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
    NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14
    Year of Graduation: \_(ツ)_/

UVM record in games I've attended as a student:

Men's: 19-17-3
    Women's: 7-15-3

/r/collegehockey moderator

Thread Information