UVM 2017/18: A Gutt Check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UVM 2017/18: A Gutt Check

This is the Maine thread Timmays last year, be careful what you wish for. 5 years later and it looks better but far from great

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Catatonic View Post
      “The loyal supporters will always be there because they care about the program” – Kevin Sneddon Jan 10, 2018

I think this sentence sums up what’s wrong with the program perfectly. The words drip with entitlement and taking the fans for granted. If you truly believe your fans will be there for you no matter what, how can that not – either consciously of sub-consciously – have an impact on how hard you try to be successful? Why put in 110% effort to be successful if you believe only 80% is enough to keep your loyal fans? Assuming Schulman thinks the same way, why go through the hassle of replacing a coach when you can take the path of least resistance and still sell a lot of tickets?

My season tickets cost me $1,752 this year. Each summer I pay for my tickets, trusting the team and athletic department will do everything they can to put a quality product on the ice. What has transpired over the last couple months is a violation of my trust. The season tickets have been in my family since the mid-to-late 70’s (think about that…. the 70’s!!). The thought of someone else sitting in our seats makes me sick to my stomach, but how can I justify spending my hard earned money on tickets, concessions, 50/50 raffles, and donations to UVM athletics if the current regime isn’t fully committed to living up to their end of the bargain and going the extra mile to be successful?

Not showing up and not buying tickets isn’t about punishing the players. It’s about consumers using the strongest asset they have (their money) to “vote” for what they like or don’t like. If we continue to blindly spend our money no matter what, things will never change. At this point, I don’t see UVM athletics getting any more of my money for a long time. Its like a previous poster said, they don’t need to show me they’ll always be successful, but they do need to show me they’re trying to succeed… not just going through the motions and hoping to succeed.

I will always be loyal in the sense that I’m not about to jump ship and become a Dartmouth or UNH fan. I’m a UVM alum and former UVM athlete so that will never happen, but to assume I’ll blindly fork over my money to an administration that doesn’t feel the need to earn it is total lunacy.
      agree completely! thank you for posting this - Like I said I threw my tickets in the trash and I too will be saving around $1,000 next year by not renewing it certainly is not easy I got so lucky to get my tickets some 25 years ago when it was next to impossible to do so! anyone who had them was the envy of all...now save your money and if you want to go to some games buy a game ticket for $25 because there is no demand. I am no economist but you would think people there would understand laws of supply and demand is tied so close to effort and being committed but obviously not! You better invest in basketball tickets at this point because every year at least there's a great effort to win titles! And its what like $200 cheaper?

I hope even more people follow the lead and dump their tickets you have to hurt them where it hurts - I know many people in my section after I told them I was done are also thinking the same thing!! My worry is its not you or me they care about but the people who buy the tickets and then don't even show because they head to Florida in the winter but just do it to keep appearances so of course that is total appathy!

As for this being the Maine thread from Whitehead year - Whitehead had a better record and Maine still has better winning percentage than UVM since 2005 as someone posted here! We'd love to have that! And you guys are turning a corner we keep going toward the dumpster! Already even seeing UMass showing signs of life - UVM is by far the worst most unstable program in the league! gutterson burns while Schulman and Sneddon fidddle!!

Comment

just saw that South Burlington own Ben Finkelstien headed to BC next fall - congrats Ben you can continue to improve your win total over your home state school multiple times a year and have a real chance of playing meaningful games and probably develop the pro potential Florida Panthers saw in you!
        So what does everyone think on the weekend games coming up? Oh i know the answer who cares.

Comment

• Originally posted by pokecheckguy2 View Post
          just saw that South Burlington own Ben Finkelstien headed to BC next fall - congrats Ben you can continue to improve your win total over your home state school multiple times a year and have a real chance of playing meaningful games and probably develop the pro potential Florida Panthers saw in you!
          So what does everyone think on the weekend games coming up? Oh i know the answer who cares.
          Well our recruiting class this year was ranked 6th in the country...and since the season is halfway over, I look for them to start dominating the competition! Jk...the top 2 forward recruits don’t even dress anymore lol. Lowell sweeps.

Comment

What can you tell me about him as a player ? I have no idea who he is . ⛳️
            NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
              What can you tell me about him as a player ? I have no idea who he is . ⛳️
              bit underized offensive defenseman solid point man moves the puck well - stats are good but might be high because SLU stinks and he was prob their best player I think he will do well with you guys Im sure SLU fans could give you more they see him more but he's certainly good enough to carve out a roll I think for BC! do not know him personally but everyone says great kid too

Comment

Not even the students care. They just had to send us an email saying there were still tix available.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: rock bottom for a college hockey program is widespread fan apathy.

Best advice I can give is to drop men's tix and go see the women. You'll save a ton and they are a program trending in the right direction.
                https://***********/TheVTHockeyBlog
                https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
                NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
                Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

Listened to the 620am coach’s show again. Sneddy would like us all to cease the negativity. Let’s all just keep spending our money and investing our time in supporting his bloated slarary and dismal performance.

Comment

• Originally posted by VTALUM View Post
                    Listened to the 620am coach’s show again. Sneddy would like us all to cease the negativity. Let’s all just keep spending our money and investing our time in supporting his bloated slarary and dismal performance.
                    Salary*

Comment

I haven't posted in a long time.. and I think all of you who are season ticket holders should band together to send in your cancellations.. if I did my job like Sneddon our company would be out of business..there have to be consequences for poor performance. I don't mean just on the ice but the last hazing and allowing that to happen... throw in number of recruits who leave or sit out, at some point you need to change the culture..

Comment

• We are so bad that Lowell is starting Wall tonight

Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

• Originally posted by Kdaddy1968 View Post
                          I haven't posted in a long time.. and I think all of you who are season ticket holders should band together to send in your cancellations.. if I did my job like Sneddon our company would be out of business..there have to be consequences for poor performance. I don't mean just on the ice but the last hazing and allowing that to happen... throw in number of recruits who leave or sit out, at some point you need to change the culture..
                          It’s hard for those of us who waited years and years for our seats to just give them up. That being said, a show of fan solidarity against the current situation is absolutely in order.

PS

Who else is secretly thinking there’s a possibility we sweep this weekend? I should schedule a psychiatric evaluation.

Comment

Nevermind. I really feel bad for these kids. Totally outplayed Lowell, Lowell totally out-coached UVM.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uS2nWLz-AbE

Comment

I called that choke job. Bazin played chess. Sneddon was playing tic tac toe

Comment

Working...
                                X