• Show
Clear All

• Re: UVM 2017/18: A Gutt Check

Originally posted by j24vt View Post
    UVM game is on NESN tonight
    Thanks for the info!!

Comment

Cats outplayed by wide margin in period 1. Could be 3 or 4 zip NU if not for Lekkas. The team looks no better.

Comment

UVM is now 1-8 when scoring first.
        https://***********/TheVTHockeyBlog
        https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
        NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
        Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

If there's a better goaltender in Hockey East than Stafanos Lekkas, I'd like to know who it is. The kid was fantastic tonight.
          "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Ok we are not that talented. Completely out played except Lekkas. Terrible passing,, stone hands everywhere, reaching bent over defensive play, and no offensive zone strategy except cycle along the boards where you can’t score. NU goalie did play well on the few chances UVM did create. There were brief moments of good zone time play and Esposito looked promising on the positive side.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenCat View Post
              Ok we are not that talented. Completely out played except Lekkas. Terrible passing,, stone hands everywhere, reaching bent over defensive play, and no offensive zone strategy except cycle along the boards where you can’t score. NU goalie did play well on the few chances UVM did create. There were brief moments of good zone time play and Esposito looked promising on the positive side.
              I agree. I hate the cycling. You can't score from the corners either. No real strategy or play calling. Even when then don't dump and chase, they cross the blue line and let the defense push them to the half boards and give up the puck. There must be some sort of offensive zone entry play that they could run. Maybe they just don't know any.

Comment

Is it just me, or has Bryce Misley been a little underwhelming, with just 2 assists in 10 games? I mean, he's a 4th round draft pick of the Minnesota Wild and was a prolific scorer at the previous level, racking up 62 points last year in 46 games for the Oakville Blades. I realize D1 hockey is a different animal, but I really thought he was going to pick up some of the scoring slack. Apparently, not so much....

Comment

• Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
                  Is it just me, or has Bryce Misley been a little underwhelming, with just 2 assists in 10 games? I mean, he's a 4th round draft pick of the Minnesota Wild and was a prolific scorer at the previous level, racking up 62 points last year in 46 games for the Oakville Blades. I realize D1 hockey is a different animal, but I really thought he was going to pick up some of the scoring slack. Apparently, not so much....
                  The only position on the the ice that coaches really can’t affect...is goaltender. Who has been our best player this year.....? Misley (3rd in Hockey East in faceoff %) is suffering from the same lack of vision and basic hockey IQ clouding this team from the top. Sneddon just isn’t a capable Division 1 hockey coach. He is not developing talent. Dump and chase on the PP?? Constant cycling? Other coaches are picking him apart with ease. The BC games were the best example. We are 1-8 after scoring first because we are getting FIGURED OUT by other coaching staffs.

Comment

Originally posted by VTALUM View Post
                    The only position on the the ice that coaches really can’t affect...is goaltender. Who has been our best player this year.....? Misley (3rd in Hockey East in faceoff %) is suffering from the same lack of vision and basic hockey IQ clouding this team from the top. Sneddon just isn’t a capable Division 1 hockey coach. He is not developing talent. Dump and chase on the PP?? Constant cycling? Other coaches are picking him apart with ease. The BC games were the best example. We are 1-8 after scoring first because we are getting FIGURED OUT by other coaching staffs.
                    But, but, but, you can't FORCE talent to come here not his fault!!!! lol - this is so true. People here wonder why nobody gets on a high when team does well because we know this stuff right around the corner! I do want to address cat lover who says the haters disappear - some of us have our reasons whether we lost our login and forgot our recovery email or things outside hockey! lots of other people who used to post here regularly dont anymore they might have their reasons but if its hockey its probably APATHY! worsst thing you can have for a program and it exactly what UVM problem is even if they have "good years" by their "standards"

Tomorrow already approaching must-win territory and its still November - believe it or not even with dman losses i was confident they would be okay this year but the one constant is there with a Sneddon team you can't ever know! That's why he's got to go! no faith in Schluman to get rid of him and he has a few big donors who still are behind him which blows my mind - they act like hes a good man oc character - hardly! KEep it up and the apathy piles up!

Comment

Not a fan of Tuesday night games

Comment

...and, apparently, neither is Ross Colton. Anyone know why he isn't playing tonight?

Comment

Originally posted by j24vt View Post
                          ...and, apparently, neither is Ross Colton. Anyone know why he isn't playing tonight?
                          Ted Ryan says he's sick

Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

3-0 UConn. What the eff?

Comment

• Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
                              3-0 UConn. What the eff?
                              They can't complete a pass. I'm going to count completed passes in the second period

Comment

There's a women's tournament at Gutterson this weekend if you want to check out good hockey (one of the teams there is #2 in the nation)...even if the women's team plays bad it at least looks like they *care*.

These guys look entitled and apathetic. If they're going to be apathetic, well, so will I.

Comment

Working...
                                X