Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Thread: Ohio State Buckeyes 2017-2018 ... Home Playoffs This Season?

Re: Ohio State Buckeyes 2017-2018 ... Home Playoffs This Season?

Quote Originally Posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
    Peters played well and should have started the second game. She made many good saves and the tying goal was not soft in my view. Dahlquist scored a beauty. If anything I would be questioning the winning goal.
    Definitely not my place to question a coach like Brad Frost, but in hindsight (I know, 20/20), Peters came on in relief Saturday and only allowed one goal on nine shots, so maybe Coach Frost should have gone back to her Saturday. Then again, the way the Bucks are playing right now, it may not have mattered which goaltender was in net Saturday. I found out recently, and forgive me if I have already mentioned this, the girls had a players-only meeting after the 5-1 loss to Penn State. Since then, they are 5-0 and have outscored their opponents 20-5.

Quote Originally Posted by osualum86 View Post
    You know how I feel about Coach Nadine, Ne7minder. I am thrilled that she is here. She was the perfect hire for the program at this time. I have been critical of our athletic department's treatment of our hockey programs in the past, and they still need to shore up our facilities, but they clearly hit a home run with the hire of Nadine Muzerall! I couldn't be happier with the state of our program right now, and I still feel like Coach Nadine is ahead of schedule with this process. I definitely agree with your last sentence. She better get a big raise after this season is over, and the assistants, too!
    Totally agree, wonder what she could have done with previous Ohio State teams that were poorly coached under Potter and Hranahan but had some talent. She has brought accountability and a winning culture to Ohio, something that was sadly lacking. A winning culture will make it much easier to recruit top talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
    Peters played well and should have started the second game. She made many good saves and the tying goal was not soft in my view. Dahlquist scored a beauty. If anything I would be questioning the winning goal.
    They were both soft, and starting Gulstene on Saturday didn't surprise me in the slightest. Goaltending may not have been Minnesota's biggest problem on the weekend, but it was definitely a problem. That said, the choice of goalie for the second game made absolutely no difference in the outcome; the whole team played a terrible game, while the Buckeyes played very well.

Thread Information