Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast
Results 381 to 400 of 484

Thread: Ohio State Buckeyes 2017-2018 ... Home Playoffs This Season?

  1. #381
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    77

    Re: Ohio State Buckeyes 2017-2018 ... Home Playoffs This Season?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arafel View Post
    That makes no sense. Why transfer for her senior year, after the program has started to have success and she and the team went to the Frozen Four last season?
    Maybe things aren't as good they appear to be......given the past with this program......would it be that surprising?

  2. #382
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    ellicott city, md, usa
    Posts
    10,528

    Re: Ohio State Buckeyes 2017-2018 ... Home Playoffs This Season?

    Quote Originally Posted by play-by-play guy View Post
    Per the rumor mill: Sauve is transferring to Clarkson. I'm not sure, but can anyone closer to the program confirm or deny?
    That is a big WOW. If this is true Clarkson would have 4 goalies on their roster, Sauve (Sr), Brenneman (Jr), Castonguay (So) and Coulombe (Fr). Does not make a lot of sense to me but Clarkson's goaltending will have only Brenneman with I think 2 games total experience at the Div I level if Sauve does not come. This certainly solves the graduation of the All American Tiley. Now if Jincy Dunne would like to join her she would fit in nicely as a replacement for the graduating All American Savannah Harmon.
    Last edited by vicb; 04-16-2018 at 11:15 AM.
    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years)

  3. #383
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Dayton's Bluff
    Posts
    681

    Re: Ohio State Buckeyes 2017-2018 ... Home Playoffs This Season?

    If true, it should make Clarkson even more of a prohibitive favorite to win it all and join UMD as the only team to three-peat. And to go along with the returning scoring of their top four players it's hard to imagine anyone seriously challenging Clarkson even with a possible lack of depth. I really hope the "rumor" is wrong though since I was looking forward to seeing her play against the Gophers again at Ridder next season.
    Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 04-16-2018 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Say it ain't so Sauve!
    "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

  4. #384
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by vicb View Post
    That is a big WOW. If this is true Clarkson would have 4 goalies on their roster, Sauve (Sr), Brenneman (Jr), Castonguay (So) and Coulombe (Fr). Does not make a lot of sense to me but Clarkson's goaltending will have only Brenneman with I think 2 games total experience at the Div I level if Sauve does not come. This certainly solves the graduation of the All American Tiley. Now if Jincy Dunne would like to join her she would fit in nicely as a replacement for the graduating All American Savannah Harmon.
    New words to the old country song come to mind when you look at the life of a female goalie in the WCHA these days...

    Mamas don’t let your babies grow up to be tenders
    Don’t let them wear big pads and dive for those pucks
    Let em be forwards and defense and such
    Mamas don’t let your babies grow up to be tenders
    Cause they’ll never stay home and they’re always alone
    Even with teams that they love

    🎶🎶🥅🥅🎸🎸

  5. #385
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Isolated in the mid west
    Posts
    105

    Re: Ohio State Buckeyes 2017-2018 ... Home Playoffs This Season?

    Quote Originally Posted by hocper View Post
    Maybe things aren't as good they appear to be......given the past with this program......would it be that surprising?
    Not surprising, if true, if you listen to the twang in the girls talk. She is not the only one. At least 2 others have already informed the team they are not coming back. Yet another left for mental reasons and is doubtful to return. 7 left last year. Its a revolving door. The school has done a fabulous job in trying to rebuild the program but still a lot of work to do.

    If the Swedish assistant coach leaves the whole program will crumble. He is keeping things together.

  6. #386
    Making America Troll Again
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    I'm a pathetic troll
    Posts
    1,961

    Re: Ohio State Buckeyes 2017-2018 ... Home Playoffs This Season?

    Quote Originally Posted by dd17 View Post
    Not surprising, if true, if you listen to the twang in the girls talk. She is not the only one. At least 2 others have already informed the team they are not coming back. Yet another left for mental reasons and is doubtful to return. 7 left last year. Its a revolving door. The school has done a fabulous job in trying to rebuild the program but still a lot of work to do.

    If the Swedish assistant coach leaves the whole program will crumble. He is keeping things together.
    what has the school done other than hire the HC?
    Rather than call her Pocahontas, she should be called “Two Percent” given she is at best less than 2% Native American

  7. #387
    Let's go RED!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Juneau WI
    Posts
    9,955

    Re: Ohio State Buckeyes 2017-2018 ... Home Playoffs This Season?

    Quote Originally Posted by dd17 View Post
    Not surprising, if true, if you listen to the twang in the girls talk. She is not the only one. At least 2 others have already informed the team they are not coming back. Yet another left for mental reasons and is doubtful to return. 7 left last year. Its a revolving door. The school has done a fabulous job in trying to rebuild the program but still a lot of work to do.

    If the Swedish assistant coach leaves the whole program will crumble. He is keeping things together.
    It's a little suspicious that Muzzy after a great year would have players bail on her. Either the players she inherited are mentally tainted from the previous coaches or maybe she's not a great people person?
    Wisconsin Hockey: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

  8. #388
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    east
    Posts
    106

    Re: Ohio State Buckeyes 2017-2018 ... Home Playoffs This Season?

    looking at the school she is rumored to go to I would think she had a better chance of winning a natty. or maybe they are offering her a scholarship beyond her hockey eligibility...toward her Masters...who knows.Clarkson is a bit better than OSU in that department...I think?

    bottom line...whatever the reason, it's none of our business. good luck to her. she's an unreal goalie.

  9. #389
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    ellicott city, md, usa
    Posts
    10,528

    Re: Ohio State Buckeyes 2017-2018 ... Home Playoffs This Season?

    Quote Originally Posted by Quiet Riot View Post
    looking at the school she is rumored to go to I would think she had a better chance of winning a natty. or maybe they are offering her a scholarship beyond her hockey eligibility...toward her Masters...who knows.Clarkson is a bit better than OSU in that department...I think?

    bottom line...whatever the reason, it's none of our business. good luck to her. she's an unreal goalie.
    And again, this is just a rumor as far as the first post to mention this (the play-by-play guy). Everyone seems to be posting this as if this is a done deal with nothing from the player or either school to confirm. This is sounding like the beginnings of the SLU rumor postings on the transfer of Hayton to Wisconsin on the mens side (Oh, wait that did occur and it did not work out so well for either the player or team.)
    And if the rumors are false, just want Timothy A to know that Clarkson is bringing in Marie Pierre Coulombe, goalie from Limoilou Titans (yes Giguere's former team). Another of those freshmen who's age we won't discuss .
    Last edited by vicb; 04-17-2018 at 03:06 PM.
    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years)

  10. #390
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    617
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    It's a little suspicious that Muzzy after a great year would have players bail on her. Either the players she inherited are mentally tainted from the previous coaches or maybe she's not a great people person?
    Or maybe for Sauve, it is an accumulation of things. Between injury and constant change maybe she has had enough. Although a Senior on the ice, she should be graduating this year as a four year student?? If the rumour is fact, maybe she is looking beyond next year. Who knows.....

  11. #391
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    90

    Re: Ohio State Buckeyes 2017-2018 ... Home Playoffs This Season?

    Quote Originally Posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
    Or maybe for Sauve, it is an accumulation of things. Between injury and constant change maybe she has had enough. Although a Senior on the ice, she should be graduating this year as a four year student?? If the rumour is fact, maybe she is looking beyond next year. Who knows.....
    Wesloh going to St. Cloud.

  12. #392
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,680
    Quote Originally Posted by DDad16 View Post
    Wesloh going to St. Cloud.
    ...where I'm sure she hopes to dress for more than 11 games.

  13. #393
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    617
    Quote Originally Posted by shelfit View Post
    ...where I'm sure she hopes to dress for more than 11 games.
    I bet you she won’t next year!

  14. #394
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,680
    Quote Originally Posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
    I bet you she won’t next year!
    Ouch, you're a downer! I would think she spoke with the Huskies' coach about the overall situation and her opportunity to play there before making the decision to transfer. Why else would she transfer there? It's definitely not to be on a better team.

  15. #395
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,680
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    It's a little suspicious that Muzzy after a great year would have players bail on her. Either the players she inherited are mentally tainted from the previous coaches or maybe she's not a great people person?
    My guess is nobody from the top two lines is transferring out. Some players are all about the team.....until they don't like their individual playing time or role. We've all had selfish teammates like that. Don't let the door hit you on the rear-end when you leave, or do, nobody really cares either way. Mental toughness is a rare attribute among young players.

  16. #396
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    32

    Re: Ohio State Buckeyes 2017-2018 ... Home Playoffs This Season?

    Quote Originally Posted by shelfit View Post
    My guess is nobody from the top two lines is transferring out. Some players are all about the team.....until they don't like their individual playing time or role. We've all had selfish teammates like that. Don't let the door hit you on the rear-end when you leave, or do, nobody really cares either way. Mental toughness is a rare attribute among young players.
    What about Sauve? And wasn't Kepler a top line player before she left?

    Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

  17. #397
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    617
    Quote Originally Posted by shelfit View Post
    Ouch, you're a downer! I would think she spoke with the Huskies' coach about the overall situation and her opportunity to play there before making the decision to transfer. Why else would she transfer there? It's definitely not to be on a better team.
    Same conference. Isn’t there a rule about sitting out a year?

  18. #398
    Making America Troll Again
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    I'm a pathetic troll
    Posts
    1,961

    Re: Ohio State Buckeyes 2017-2018 ... Home Playoffs This Season?

    Quote Originally Posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
    Same conference. Isn’t there a rule about sitting out a year?
    Yes, transferring between WCHA teams requires sitting out one year.
    Wesloh is from Elk River, which is about 40 minutes from the StC campus, it could be just not liking a huge school and wanting to return home to a smaller school, it wouldn’t be the first time a college student did that.
    But hey, the speculation here makes it more interesting gossip right?

    Sent from my laptop using a keyboard
    Rather than call her Pocahontas, she should be called “Two Percent” given she is at best less than 2% Native American

  19. #399
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Isolated in the mid west
    Posts
    105

    Re: Ohio State Buckeyes 2017-2018 ... Home Playoffs This Season?

    Quote Originally Posted by shelfit View Post
    Ouch, you're a downer! I would think she spoke with the Huskies' coach about the overall situation and her opportunity to play there before making the decision to transfer. Why else would she transfer there? It's definitely not to be on a better team.
    Good for her.

    Coach wanted her gone for the scholarship. New NCAA rules for certain schools: if players are cut they still keep their scholarship. OSU already has 1 walking around campus with a full ride and not playing hockey. Only way for coach to get it back is to make it **** near impossible to want to stay and force them to quit.

  20. #400
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,680
    Quote Originally Posted by dd17 View Post
    Good for her.

    Coach wanted her gone for the scholarship. New NCAA rules for certain schools: if players are cut they still keep their scholarship. OSU already has 1 walking around campus with a full ride and not playing hockey. Only way for coach to get it back is to make it **** near impossible to want to stay and force them to quit.
    Don't think that's a new rule but whatever. Any coach that intentionally makes a player miserable so she will transfer out is a pretty sh*tty coach and an even worse person. I have a hard time believing a coach would purposely do something that low but unfortunately it wouldn't be the first time it has happened. I think in this instance a case of homesickness coupled with the lack of playing time makes more sense.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •