Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ohio State Buckeyes 2017-2018 ... Home Playoffs This Season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ohio State Buckeyes 2017-2018 ... Home Playoffs This Season?

Per the rumor mill: Sauve is transferring to Clarckson. I'm not sure, but can anyone closer to the program confirm or deny?

Comment

Originally posted by play-by-play guy View Post
      Per the rumor mill: Sauve is transferring to Clarckson. I'm not sure, but can anyone closer to the program confirm or deny?
      Wonder if this is what was hinted at in the BC thread...Or earlier by Gopher Badger in the Golden Gopher 2017/2018 season thread?
      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

That would be criminal if true.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

That makes no sense. Why transfer for her senior year, after the program has started to have success and she and the team went to the Frozen Four last season?
          "So life's a *****. What do you want to do, cry about it? " - Kara "Starbuck" Thrace

"Wanna go get sugared up on mochas?" - Willow Rosenberg

Check my website. College hockey; it's what it's all about!

Comment

Originally posted by Arafel View Post
            That makes no sense. Why transfer for her senior year, after the program has started to have success and she and the team went to the Frozen Four last season?
            Agreed...Lot's of positive things happening with the OSU program...
            At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by Arafel View Post
              Maybe things aren't as good they appear to be......given the past with this program......would it be that surprising?

Comment

Per the rumor mill: Sauve is transferring to Clarkson. I'm not sure, but can anyone closer to the program confirm or deny?
                That is a big WOW. If this is true Clarkson would have 4 goalies on their roster, Sauve (Sr), Brenneman (Jr), Castonguay (So) and Coulombe (Fr). Does not make a lot of sense to me but Clarkson's goaltending will have only Brenneman with I think 2 games total experience at the Div I level if Sauve does not come. This certainly solves the graduation of the All American Tiley. Now if Jincy Dunne would like to join her she would fit in nicely as a replacement for the graduating All American Savannah Harmon.
                Last edited by vicb; 04-16-2018, 11:15 AM.
                Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

If true, it should make Clarkson even more of a prohibitive favorite to win it all and join UMD as the only team to three-peat. And to go along with the returning scoring of their top four players it's hard to imagine anyone seriously challenging Clarkson even with a possible lack of depth. I really hope the "rumor" is wrong though since I was looking forward to seeing her play against the Gophers again at Ridder next season.
                  Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 04-16-2018, 01:28 PM. Reason: Say it ain't so Sauve!
                  "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

• Originally posted by vicb View Post
                    That is a big WOW. If this is true Clarkson would have 4 goalies on their roster, Sauve (Sr), Brenneman (Jr), Castonguay (So) and Coulombe (Fr). Does not make a lot of sense to me but Clarkson's goaltending will have only Brenneman with I think 2 games total experience at the Div I level if Sauve does not come. This certainly solves the graduation of the All American Tiley. Now if Jincy Dunne would like to join her she would fit in nicely as a replacement for the graduating All American Savannah Harmon.
                    New words to the old country song come to mind when you look at the life of a female goalie in the WCHA these days...

Mamas don’t let your babies grow up to be tenders
                    Don’t let them wear big pads and dive for those pucks
                    Let em be forwards and defense and such
                    Mamas don’t let your babies grow up to be tenders
                    Cause they’ll never stay home and they’re always alone
                    Even with teams that they love

🎶🎶🥅🥅🎸🎸

Comment

Originally posted by hocper View Post
                      Maybe things aren't as good they appear to be......given the past with this program......would it be that surprising?
                      Not surprising, if true, if you listen to the twang in the girls talk. She is not the only one. At least 2 others have already informed the team they are not coming back. Yet another left for mental reasons and is doubtful to return. 7 left last year. Its a revolving door. The school has done a fabulous job in trying to rebuild the program but still a lot of work to do.

If the Swedish assistant coach leaves the whole program will crumble. He is keeping things together.

Comment

Originally posted by dd17 View Post
                        Not surprising, if true, if you listen to the twang in the girls talk. She is not the only one. At least 2 others have already informed the team they are not coming back. Yet another left for mental reasons and is doubtful to return. 7 left last year. Its a revolving door. The school has done a fabulous job in trying to rebuild the program but still a lot of work to do.

If the Swedish assistant coach leaves the whole program will crumble. He is keeping things together.
                        what has the school done other than hire the HC?

Comment

Originally posted by dd17 View Post

It's a little suspicious that Muzzy after a great year would have players bail on her. Either the players she inherited are mentally tainted from the previous coaches or maybe she's not a great people person?
                          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

looking at the school she is rumored to go to I would think she had a better chance of winning a natty. or maybe they are offering her a scholarship beyond her hockey eligibility...toward her Masters...who knows.Clarkson is a bit better than OSU in that department...I think?

bottom line...whatever the reason, it's none of our business. good luck to her. she's an unreal goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by Quiet Riot View Post
                              looking at the school she is rumored to go to I would think she had a better chance of winning a natty. or maybe they are offering her a scholarship beyond her hockey eligibility...toward her Masters...who knows.Clarkson is a bit better than OSU in that department...I think?

bottom line...whatever the reason, it's none of our business. good luck to her. she's an unreal goalie.
                              And again, this is just a rumor as far as the first post to mention this (the play-by-play guy). Everyone seems to be posting this as if this is a done deal with nothing from the player or either school to confirm. This is sounding like the beginnings of the SLU rumor postings on the transfer of Hayton to Wisconsin on the mens side (Oh, wait that did occur and it did not work out so well for either the player or team.)
                              And if the rumors are false, just want Timothy A to know that Clarkson is bringing in Marie Pierre Coulombe, goalie from Limoilou Titans (yes Giguere's former team). Another of those freshmen who's age we won't discuss .
                              Last edited by vicb; 04-17-2018, 03:06 PM.
                              Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                              And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                              WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                              If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                                It's a little suspicious that Muzzy after a great year would have players bail on her. Either the players she inherited are mentally tainted from the previous coaches or maybe she's not a great people person?
                                Or maybe for Sauve, it is an accumulation of things. Between injury and constant change maybe she has had enough. Although a Senior on the ice, she should be graduating this year as a four year student?? If the rumour is fact, maybe she is looking beyond next year. Who knows.....

Comment

Working...
                                X