Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ohio State Buckeyes 2017-2018 ... Home Playoffs This Season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ohio State Buckeyes 2017-2018 ... Home Playoffs This Season?

Originally posted by ARM View Post
    I would warn you to have plenty of snacks on hand for the games in Minneapolis, because we had media timeouts all weekend, which hasn't been the case for webcasts in the past. That looks to be the new normal.
    Mabye because Muzzy was only playing 3 defense and they needed some rest. Can't do this on the road. With Jess Dunne out for the year the defense is a bit thin and will be the teams achilles. Sauve looks great.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
      If you follow other OSU sports as well, then I've found that purchasing a month of BTN Plus works well. Given that the Buckeyes are in Madison within the month, you could watch those games as well before your one month subscription would renew and cancel it before getting billed for a second month.

I would warn you to have plenty of snacks on hand for the games in Minneapolis, because we had media timeouts all weekend, which hasn't been the case for webcasts in the past. That looks to be the new normal.
      We will be in Madison for those games, but I will keep that in mind regarding BTN Plus. We had the media timeouts this weekend for our games vs RPI, too, so I am now acclimated to that. Must be a WCHA thing, then?

Comment

Originally posted by dd17 View Post
        Mabye because Muzzy was only playing 3 defense and they needed some rest. Can't do this on the road. With Jess Dunne out for the year the defense is a bit thin and will be the teams achilles. Sauve looks great.
        We are definitely a little thin at the blue line as i counted six defensemen on the roster. Guess there won't be any healthy scratches on D this season. Hope all six stay healthy!

Comment

As a distant fan, is Dunne ok? Being out for the year will she get a medical redshirt or a normal redshirt so she can play an additional year? That is definitely a loss for this team.

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
            We are definitely a little thin at the blue line as i counted six defensemen on the roster. Guess there won't be any healthy scratches on D this season. Hope all six stay healthy!
            I wouldn't be surprised if Wesloh gets moved back to defense at some point, since she has quite a bit of experience playing D.
            Originally posted by dicaslover
            Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
            Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

The Unofficial Three Stars of the Game is back. Well, sort of. I've combined the first three games into a single post. As usual, it can be found on the WCHA thread.

Hope to be "back to full strength" for the UMD series.

Comment

Haha, after splitting with Merrimack, you can bet we will be facing a hungry Gopher team next weekend. Now that I have switched ISP's here and have a better connection, I might actually pay for the feeds for some of these road games.
                It's a very young team this year and it will take time to adjust and to develop. Catching them early will certainly help OSU. It may be a learning season, we'll see.

Comment

I missed it, what happened to Dunne? Hopefully she will be okay for next year.

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                    I missed it, what happened to Dunne? Hopefully she will be okay for next year.
                    Jincy is fine, just to clarify here, but I believe Jessica's hockey career is over due to concussion issues. It's sad that it had to happen for her senior year. She has been through a lot here. But, I think it is for the best. I know she would love to be out on the ice with her teammates, but I think she should be commended for thinking about life after hockey and deciding to do what is best for her health at this point. We will just have to manage with six or possibly seven D's this season.

Comment

The Buckeyes take game one in Minneapolis earlier tonight by a final score of 3-2. The Buckeye goals were scored by Jacyn Reeves (2) and Charly Dahlquist. Dahlquist's goal in the third period turned out to be the game-winner. The Gopher goals were scored by Sophie Skarzynski and Grace Zumwinkle. Minnesota outshot Ohio State 28-27 with OSU's Kassidy Sauve stopping 26 of the 28 shots she faced. Minnesota backstop Alex Gulstene had 24 saves. The two teams are back at it tomorrow with game time at 4:07 pm EST.

Comment

The Buckeyes take game one in Minneapolis earlier tonight by a final score of 3-2. The Buckeye goals were scored by Jacyn Reeves (2) and Charly Dahlquist. Dahlquist's goal in the third period turned out to be the game-winner. The Gopher goals were scored by Sophie Skarzynski and Grace Zumwinkle. Minnesota outshot Ohio State 28-27 with OSU's Kassidy Sauve stopping 26 of the 28 shots she faced. Minnesota backstop Alex Gulstene had 24 saves. The two teams are back at it tomorrow with game time at 4:07 pm EST.
                        Holding the rodents to 28 shots, well done, and got the win on top of it. Get out the brooms and win a historic game (assuming OSU has never swept the rodents).
                        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Jincy is fine, just to clarify here, but I believe Jessica's hockey career is over due to concussion issues. It's sad that it had to happen for her senior year. She has been through a lot here. But, I think it is for the best. I know she would love to be out on the ice with her teammates, but I think she should be commended for thinking about life after hockey and deciding to do what is best for her health at this point. We will just have to manage with six or possibly seven D's this season.
                          Yeah, I knew it was Jessica but had not heard she had a problem. Any chance she might recover ala Kessel? That is a crappy way to end a career. You are right about the health thing, I worry about those kids & how often they I hear about surgery for hips, knees and even shoulders. They will be 60 one day and I hope they don't regret having played. Brains are another thing all together and they should always error on the side of caution,

Comment

Congratulations to the players & coaches. Yes, it's very early in the season. But that's still a very nice road win to have. Keep it going in the rematch!

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
                              Congratulations to the players & coaches. Yes, it's very early in the season. But that's still a very nice road win to have. Keep it going in the rematch!
                              You beat the rodents on the road, a not a very nice win, a massively freaking awesome win! Now just win today then cool off before you play UW. A win today would make me feel a little nervous, yet excited.
                              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

On this board last year there were a bunch of weird complaints about the coaching of Ohio State that I didn't understand. I wanted to jump in but it was the Buckeye thread and as a Gopher and Muzzy fan I stayed out.

But, I'll jump in now and say the Buckeyes looked great this weekend! Didn't look like there were any problems with the coaching (or the team) at Ridder. You got UMD and St Cloud before Wisconsin. Good luck to you (at least I mean it to a certain extent ).

Comment

Working...
                                X