Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ohio State Buckeyes 2017-2018 ... Home Playoffs This Season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EastFan1 View Post
    People that actually played college hockey know that coaches and players from both teams are usually happy when a player that doesn't get to dress is able to find a home where they can play.
    A player thay only gets to dress for 11 games, for example, absolutely agree with you. However when 3rd and 4th liners that are obviously playing decide to transfer out because they're not happy about not being on the top two lines and power play, well that's a different story. Everyone has to fill their role to the best of their ability for the good of the team, no matter what your role is. If you're playing, you're contributing.

Transfers are trouble in a lot of cases because they are unhappy and disgruntled and they bring unrealistic thoughts of their expected playing time to their new team. When their role doesn't improve substantially on their new team their negativity comes out all over again. Not good for team chemistry. At least that's the experience we had with the transfers that came to our team. Not one of them turned into a good teammate. Sometimes the best thing for them is to transfer down to D3 but they don't want to do that because they're convinced they're way better than they actually are.
    Last edited by shelfit; 04-19-2018, 12:04 PM.

Comment

• Re: Ohio State Buckeyes 2017-2018 ... Home Playoffs This Season?

Originally posted by vicb View Post
      I would imagine it is not a laughing matter to the OSU faithful if true. They are right now silent on the matter.
      they have a backup goalie who seems capable

now we return you to your daily gossip, rumor, and innuendo

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
        Sauvé has a degree from Ohio State.
        If that's the case, then she is or can be a 'grad transfer' and would not have to sit a year. The two two Wisconsin examples that immediately come to mind are Russell Wilson in football and Kyle Hayton from last year's men's hockey team.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post
          If that's the case, then she is or can be a 'grad transfer' and would not have to sit a year. The two two Wisconsin examples that immediately come to mind are Russell Wilson in football and Kyle Hayton from last year's men's hockey team.
          I don’t think she would have to sit a year regardless, since the rumor is she is changing conferences. Since she already redshirted once for medical reasons, I don’t think she could sit out another year anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
            I don’t think she would have to sit a year regardless, since the rumor is she is changing conferences. Since she already redshirted once for medical reasons, I don’t think she could sit out another year anyway?
            https://www.athleticscholarships.net...exceptions.htm

Comment

I would imagine it is not a laughing matter to the OSU faithful if true.
              I wasn't offended by joecct's post. My reaction was: .

Would apply? Not so much. But the post was playful.

They are right now silent on the matter.
              For me, it's because USCHO is the only place I've heard this. Now I'm not regularly on campus during the off-season. It could be that the rumor is true, and that i'm just not in the know. But at the moment, the whole thing sounds like a belated April Fools Joke.

Then again, I thought Brent Musberger being fired from CBS was an April Fools Joke, and that actually happened on an April 1st. Guess we'll find out soon enough if there's fire to go along with the smoke.

If true, it would be heartbreaking to miss out on Kassidy's final college season. But if the worst happens, it will simply be another case of Next Woman Up. Losing Claudia Kepler was difficult to accept, but 2017-18 turned out OK.

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
                I wasn't offended by joecct's post. My reaction was: .

Would apply? Not so much. But the post was playful.

For me, it's because USCHO is the only place I've heard this. Now I'm not regularly on campus during the off-season. It could be that the rumor is true, and that i'm just not in the know. But at the moment, the whole thing sounds like a belated April Fools Joke.

Then again, I thought Brent Musberger being fired from CBS was an April Fools Joke, and that actually happened on an April 1st. Guess we'll find out soon enough if there's fire to go along with the smoke.

If true, it would be heartbreaking to miss out on Kassidy's final college season. But if the worst happens, it will simply be another case of Next Woman Up. Losing Claudia Kepler was difficult to accept, but 2017-18 turned out OK.
                I thought Zeglen played well in the WCHA tournament against Minnesota...
                At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

I really wanted to stay away for a while, but yes, Kassidy Sauve is leaving. She has reached out to other schools and some have reached back. It is not a done deal regarding where she will be going next season. It could be here in the US, or it could be in Canada. As has been reported, McKenna Wesloh is transferring to St. Cloud State. I have not heard anything about any other players transferring out or any assistant coaches leaving. I'm bummed that us Buckeye fans are going to miss out on honoring our best goaltender ever on Senior Day 2019, but I wish Kassidy the best always and am appreciative of the contributions she made to our program. Kass knows how Mrs 86 and I feel about her and we will support her regardless of where she ends up. It's just a little disheartening when the program finally turns the corner after years of futility and people still want to jump ship, but as Pgb said, "Next woman up!" I am confident in Amanda Zeglen and her abilities, and with the firepower we will have coming back, it's not like she is going to have to shut everyone out. Sorry to interrupt the thread here. I'll step aside and let all our rival fans go back to the gloat-fest over our losses.

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                    I really wanted to stay away for a while, but yes, Kassidy Sauve is leaving. She has reached out to other schools and some have reached back. It is not a done deal regarding where she will be going next season. It could be here in the US, or it could be in Canada. As has been reported, McKenna Wesloh is transferring to St. Cloud State. I have not heard anything about any other players transferring out or any assistant coaches leaving. I'm bummed that us Buckeye fans are going to miss out on honoring our best goaltender ever on Senior Day 2019, but I wish Kassidy the best always and am appreciative of the contributions she made to our program. Kass knows how Mrs 86 and I feel about her and we will support her regardless of where she ends up. It's just a little disheartening when the program finally turns the corner after years of futility and people still want to jump ship, but as Pgb said, "Next woman up!" I am confident in Amanda Zeglen and her abilities, and with the firepower we will have coming back, it's not like she is going to have to shut everyone out. Sorry to interrupt the thread here. I'll step aside and let all our rival fans go back to the gloat-fest over our losses.
                    I for one am not gloating over your loss of Sauve. Yes it is disheartening as a fan of any school when a star player leaves. From what I saw in the one game I watched with Zeglen in the nets, she was great and I think your goaltending is in good shape.
                    Whether Sauve ends up at Clarkson or another school I understand your loss and frustration. If she does come to Clarkson it really changes my view of Clarkson's chances to remain at the top of the ECAC and possibly three peat in the NC$$ Tourney. If she does not come to Clarkson well as Pgb said, "Next woman up!"
                    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                    And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Sorry to interrupt the thread here. I'll step aside and let all our rival fans go back to the gloat-fest over our losses.
                      No gloat-fest from me. I think it sucks and it was great to see OSU really turn the corner. I know I would be devastated if someone of her caliber left UW unexpectedly to play somewhere else. We all know she has to do what is right in her eyes, that is the most important thing, her happiness, though it will be bitter for others for awhile. I look forward to chatting with you next year at Labahn, have a great summer and stay proud of the awesome accomplishments of the OSU women's program.
                      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                        No gloat-fest from me. I think it sucks and it was great to see OSU really turn the corner. I know I would be devastated if someone of her caliber left UW unexpectedly to play somewhere else. We all know she has to do what is right in her eyes, that is the most important thing, her happiness, though it will be bitter for others for awhile. I look forward to chatting with you next year at Labahn, have a great summer and stay proud of the awesome accomplishments of the OSU women's program.
                        She will be signing with the Philadelphia Flyers and will be their starter next year!

Comment

As a public service to new members: print out this post and tape it up by your computer for easy reference.

The USCHO Rumor Cycle

Step 1 (Day 1): Hot rumor is posted as a question, without naming the subject school or player.
                          Step 2 (Day 2): Poster is scolded for passing along unfounded rumors.
                          Step 3 (Day 3): Rumor is updated with actual names of player and school.
                          Step 4 (Days 4-5): More scolding and scorn ensues.
                          Step 5 (Day 5): The original rumor is confirmed.
                          Step 6 (Day 5): The newly-confirmed transaction is discussed like it was always a sure thing.

Times are approximate; do not skip steps.

Comment

I'll step aside and let all our rival fans go back to the gloat-fest over our losses.
                            Not gloating. I believe that over the last couple of decades, no program has had more high-profile players leave while they still had eligibility remaining than Minnesota: Schmidgall, Wendell, Darwitz, Wall, the Lams -- all Olympians. Each person has her own reasons why a school or team is no longer a good fit. If the player doesn't want to be there anymore, no matter how talented she is, then you are better off with someone who does. It's worked out okay for Minnesota over the years. I think OSU will be okay, too. The good news is that you only were going to have one more year of Sauve in any case. The next goalie's "time" just arrives one year sooner than we thought.
                            "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                            And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

I for one am not gloating over your loss of Sauve. Yes it is disheartening as a fan of any school when a star player leaves. From what I saw in the one game I watched with Zeglen in the nets, she was great and I think your goaltending is in good shape.
                              Whether Sauve ends up at Clarkson or another school I understand your loss and frustration. If she does come to Clarkson it really changes my view of Clarkson's chances to remain at the top of the ECAC and possibly three peat in the NC$$ Tourney. If she does not come to Clarkson well as Pgb said, "Next woman up!"
                              Vicb, I completely agree regarding Amanda Zeglen. She is going to be a good one, especially now that she will be playing every night out instead of just filling in. If Kassidy ends up at Clarkson, I would say your team would be prohibitive favorites to win it all in 2019. You're going to have some scoring, and if you have Kass in net, you're only going to need a couple goals to win games. LOL, I can't help but think how awkward it would be for her to stand there next fall, suited up for the Golden Knights, watching the 2018 National Title banner getting raised, having been on the other side in the Frozen Four. If she does end up at Clarkson, it will just about guarantee that she gets to play for a National Title for the second season in a row, which would be a nice way to cap off her career. She is a great kid, too, an absolute Sweetheart. If she ends up at Clarkson, you just might see me and Mrs 86 in Potsdam at some point to watch her play. You can't have Jincy Dunne, though. Gotta draw the line somewhere!
                              Last edited by osualum86; 04-20-2018, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                                I agree with you totally that these kids have to do what they feel is best for them. The wife and I have relationships with Kassidy and most of the players and the last thing we would ever want for any of the girls would be to stay at tOSU if they are not happy. I am looking forward to seeing you and the other Badger faithful at LaBahn Arena! I am glad we have made that trip a few times now. It's a great place to see a women's hockey game, and despite wearing the "other" team's sweater, everyone is always really nice to us! There was one year when someone just left us some tickets. We still don't know who it was, but someone left us their tickets. I am definitely proud of what we accomplished this season. The program certainly exceeded my expectations for the season and the memories of the games this season will last a lifetime! I just hope we are able to take the next step someday and win it all.

Comment

Working...
                                X