Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMaine Black Bears, 2017-2018 season, is this Reds last stand?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Black Bears, 2017-2018 season, is this Reds last stand?

Originally posted by AMC View Post
    The biggest home win Maine has had in years and it is the only game from last night without video highlights on the Hockey East website. No highlights on Maine's athletic site. No highlights on Maine's YouTube channel which has a single 27 second clip from this year from the UConn game to go with many football game highlights.

There are a hundred D-III athletic departments run more competently than the University of Maine.
    Be patient. It takes the signal longer to travel through the phone lines from Orono to get to the web servers....

Comment

What the hell is going on up there?
      You guys are supposed to suck!
      I read it right here.
      'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
        Be patient. It takes the signal longer to travel through the phone lines from Orono to get to the web servers....
        This has been going on for years. When they do post something, it is with terrible synth music in the background and video quality equivalent to what you would have found in Romania in 1983.

Comment

It’s obvious to me that BU has some very serious goaltending issues and no matter how much talent they have up front Quinn will have to resolve it sooner than later.

Comment

• Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
            If I had to make predictions for HE based on results to date......

1. BC
            2. Providence
            3. Northeastern
            4. UMass-Lowell
            5. Maine
            6. UNH
            7. BU
            8. UMass
            9. UConn
            10. Vermont
            11. Merrimack

I think that Maine is in the same pod as UMass-Lowell, UNH & BU fighting for 4th-7th place.
            Totally agree with where you have UVM. And, of course, congrats to Maine on the strong start. That said, I don't see Maine finishing 5th or finishing ahead of BU. It's long season and Maine will come back to earth just as BU will hit their stride. Good luck though and glad to see you guys playing decent hockey.

Comment

The better team won last night...Maine played hard and smart most of the game...they won most of the loose puck battles and for once in a long time they looked to have won 3 out of every 4 face-offs as the game went on, especially in the offensive zone 5x5 and on the power-play. You can see that BU has exceptional talent and skill/speed and cycling the puck, just seems they went through stretches that Maine took advantage of some lack of effort play. The play that to me stood out and brought the crowd back into the game and to some extent took the wind out of BU sails was when Canon Pieper came out of the Box and was going back to help on the defense side, he came from the Box with pure hustle and he not only lucked out by being where the puck was but his instinct to turn and head back up ice with a burst of speed...you could see just by the way he handled the puck that he was confident in going to the net and getting not only the shot off but a goal to boost the Maine team and crowd...that was a up lifting goal imo. The ONLY question is can this TEAM bring it again tonight down in Portland, as we all know they have been hot/cold...cold/hot on any given series this season...TIME FOR this team to string games together like last night...play hard but smart, win the loose puck battles and keep winning the face-offs. BU will be different tonight and Maine should be ready to weather there attack the first 10 minutes of the game. A wide open Hockey East from the looks of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
                It’s obvious to me that BU has some very serious goaltending issues and no matter how much talent they have up front Quinn will have to resolve it sooner than later.
                I think they will work that out {goaltending}, its the off and on switch of not playing a full 60 minutes with the talent they have...you can win games that way...but last night showed when your playing a team that is hungry and takes advantage of the situation...even all the talent in the world isn't enough. But I don't feel bad for BU as they will turn it around, hopefully next week...!

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                  Their are black out laws. Dish and direct have sports channels from all over the US. You can't watch Texas or Chicago or any other baseball team. This isn't new, this has been around for more than 20 years .

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                  Yes, I live under a rock in Possum Butt NY, but I don't understand why a Zip Code 5 hours from Fenway would be blacked-out. Back when the local Time Warner carried NESN we got all the games here.

Comment

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
                    If I had to make predictions for HE based on results to date......

1. BC
                    2. Providence
                    3. Northeastern
                    4. UMass-Lowell
                    5. Maine
                    6. UNH
                    7. BU
                    8. UMass
                    9. UConn
                    10. Vermont
                    11. Merrimack

I think that Maine is in the same pod as UMass-Lowell, UNH & BU fighting for 4th-7th place.
                    Ya know, having watched several HE teams this year, I'd say that the conference is pretty-much up for grabs. Nobody really looks anything like an elite team to me. If Maine keeps playing as they did last night, who's to say that don't have a shot at home ice after all?

Comment

Great job by Maine football with the 19-14 win today.
                      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                        Are you trying to be funny? Check the score again.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                          A 50-yard Hail Mary with no time on the clock, in a game Maine never trailed, against the #12 team in the nation, and looking to finish at .500 vs. a tough schedule... Talk about your swift kick in the 'nads. Should have gone hunting.

Still, Maine returns most of their skill-players next year. I'm looking forward to it.

Now, let's hope that hockey maintains their momentum. Swayman should get every start going forward, IMO. If Maine has any chance at the NCAA's, he's going to have to get his reps and play well.

Comment

Maine football lost on a hail mary?

I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                              Maine football lost on a hail mary?

It was truly brutal. They played a great game up until that prayer was answered. Maine had 8 guys playing back, yet a Seawolf came down with the ball in the scrum.

But hockey beating BU again would make me feel a lot better. BU is the only HEA team that I have to hold my nose to root for, OOC, but I do. (Feels the same way it did to vote for Hillary lol, but I had no good option in either case.)

Comment

Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
                                Really? Well you would be the only one that thinks that. The only problem BU has is a CONSISTENCY problem...

Comment

Working...
                                X