Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMaine Black Bears, 2017-2018 season, is this Reds last stand?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UMaine Black Bears, 2017-2018 season, is this Reds last stand?

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    OK, but get real... Maine sports are not competitive at any D-1 level. (Field hockey being a kinda-sorta exception. )
    Oh I fully agree. I just don't think that we should kid ourselves about ANYTHING happening at the FCS level is "nationally relevant."

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
      Oh I fully agree. I just don't think that we should kid ourselves about ANYTHING happening at the FCS level is "nationally relevant."
      They don't play many local schools either. Regardless of sport its fun when Maine plays UNH, UVM, UMA, BU, BC, Northeastern, etc. I think its hard for people to get excited about Richmond, Binghamton, Stony Point, etc.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
        Changes needed if this is a FAILED season for the hockey program. Never give up hope that with the right people in charge and the mindset that stranger things can happen. If I remember correctly a wise-man with a ambition/ego or whatever you may call it said: "If you don't have the best of everything, then do the best with what you have." Maybe you can call it dreaming/hoping......but I firmly believe a better program can be had....maybe not at the ELITE LEVEL as past times...but a better hard working, accountable team on the ice and behind the bench is not far fetched.
        I agree with this. There really isn't any reason for Maine not to win 15 games this year. Red has had time to put together his team and Maine has a pretty easy schedule. People can try to convince me otherwise but I think this will be another poor year for Hockey East.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
          They don't play many local schools either. Regardless of sport its fun when Maine plays UNH, UVM, UMA, BU, BC, Northeastern, etc. I think its hard for people to get excited about Richmond, Binghamton, Stony Point, etc.
          I'd rather see Maine play their usual schedule. The CAA is far and away the best top-to-bottom FCS conference in the country, and hands-down on that one. Major kudos to Maine for being a factor every year.

Comment

Did Maine significantly raise ticket prices this year or am I misremembering? The prices this year are $50, $40, $35, and $20 depending on location. I thought last year most expensive tickets were $40 and cheapest were $15.

Comment

Did Maine significantly raise ticket prices this year or am I misremembering? The prices this year are $50, $40, $35, and $20 depending on location. I thought last year most expensive tickets were $40 and cheapest were $15.
              I thought they were 20 , 40 and 50 last year, don't remember 35. Bought a few single tickets today
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

This should give the team some motivation: http://bangordailynews.com/2017/09/0...int-at-umaine/

Comment

This should give the team some motivation: http://bangordailynews.com/2017/09/0...int-at-umaine/
                  Man does the BDN overthink their clickbait headlines or what? Seems like the words "Paul Kariya" would generate more clicks than something about surfing.

Comment

Prices are the same as last year...except for processing fee has gone from $6 to $10.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                      Prices are the same as last year...except for processing fee has gone from $6 to $10.
                      FWIW, That tactic, a.k.a. Nibbling, irritates me and a lot of others. It reminds one of the TV scam of "buy one, get one free - just pay separate S & H. . If attendance (demand) is flagging, don't raises price - raise incentives.
                      Good luck to to your guys this year and cheers to your loyal band of posters, from an NU Husky fan in Lyman, ME.

Comment

I only paid 6 dollars yesterday for the processing fee

Comment

The roster is out. Gibson is the only other player gone. There are 28 skaters in total. Hopefully Red isn't going for quantity over quality.

Comment

The roster is out. Gibson is the only other player gone. There are 28 skaters in total. Hopefully Red isn't going for quantity over quality.
                            I'm kind of shocked Gibson is gone. I kept waiting for him to light it up on a regular basis but it never happened. Didn't think he was the worst player on the ice though

Comment

http://www.goblackbears.com/roster.aspx?path=mhockey

Comment

10 D-Man with only Holway, Michel, and Hamilton seeming like regular starters, leaving 7 guys to compete for 3 spots.

I would think Swayman and McGovern would rotate.

Starting forward combo's is anyone's guess!
                                Last edited by Tango; 09-07-2017, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X