Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMaine Black Bears, 2017-2018 season, is this Reds last stand?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Black Bears, 2017-2018 season, is this Reds last stand?

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
    It's game week! I'm so excited to visit Alfond and make my first visit to Maine. Leaving on Thursday and planning on going to Acadia on Friday. Perhaps see the football game on Saturday or do something else. Look for a group of 5 UMD fans (come say hi!) as we are all heading from Minnesota for this series. Cannot wait! Of all the arenas in the east this is first on my list to see.
    Where are your seats, did you get them thru UMD or alfond? Make sure you go to Pats in Orono, before or after a game. Don't go to Pats anywhere but Orono. I'll be there Saturday, I'll look for you guys.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

It's game week! I'm so excited to visit Alfond and make my first visit to Maine. Leaving on Thursday and planning on going to Acadia on Friday. Perhaps see the football game on Saturday or do something else. Look for a group of 5 UMD fans (come say hi!) as we are all heading from Minnesota for this series. Cannot wait! Of all the arenas in the east this is first on my list to see.
      Look for the guy with the dead animal on his head.

In a way, this series is happening because of you, you know?

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
        Look for the guy with the dead animal on his head.

In a way, this series is happening because of you, you know?
        I suppose so but we both had a little had in it. Nothing happened and then all of a sudden there was a series. Pretty cool.
        Originally posted by walrus View Post
        Where are your seats, did you get them thru UMD or alfond? Make sure you go to Pats in Orono, before or after a game. Don't go to Pats anywhere but Orono. I'll be there Saturday, I'll look for you guys.
        Excellent!
        Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
        Through Maine/Alfond. Pats is on our list to go! See you at the game
        Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
        As someone who has also made this trip, Alfond is a special place. It is so different than what we are used to out west. I can't wait for North Dakota to get Maine back on the schedule. It's a great trip, and I'm sure you'll have a tremendous time. Let the locals guide you on the can't-miss places to check out.
        This makes me even more excited as this is my first trip out east for hockey. I've had some great help from people on this thread to help us find some places to go. I'll be sure to check it out.
        Last edited by Biddco; 10-22-2017, 08:09 PM.
        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Biddco View Post
          I suppose so but we both had a little had in it. Nothing happened and then all of a sudden there was a series. Pretty cool.
          I guess social media isn't a complete dumpster fire.

Comment

Did anyone happen to catch what Westerlund's misconduct penalty in the first on Saturday night?
            UMaine Black Bears Recruit Info Site GO BLUE!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bhall44 View Post
              Did anyone happen to catch what Westerlund's misconduct penalty in the first on Saturday night?
              Frankly, sports fans, he used a word that's a no-no with umpires.

Comment

Welcome to orono Duluth fans, hopefully it will be a good series.

So, which maine team is playing this weekend - last Fridays or Saturdays? It looks like duluth is loaded full of MN kids, maybe iron range kids. The saturday crew might want to show up.

Comment

If you're going to Acadia, my favorite trail is called "The Precipice". It's pretty short but dramatic. A couple hours should be enough of time for the hike, and will give you time to stop and check out the views on the way up and at the top. Don't do it without proper footwear or if you have a fear of heights. It goes up a cliff on the side of the mountain, and includes iron rungs and narrow ledges (most of the narrow ledges have a railing on the cliff side for you to hold onto). I always go up the Precipice to the summit, then descend the Champlain North Ridge trail to the intersection with Orange and Black trail, which I take back to the Precipice below the ladder section, and then back to the parking lot. Going down the ladders is a pain with people trying to come up, so most people bypass them on the way down. (I live in Bar Harbor, and I've done this one many times)

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                    Welcome to orono Duluth fans, hopefully it will be a good series.

So, which maine team is playing this weekend - last Fridays or Saturdays? It looks like duluth is loaded full of MN kids, maybe iron range kids. The saturday crew might want to show up.
                    If they play like Friday's team, it's going to be a bloodbath. If they can play like Saturday's team, I bet they could probably win a game, and maybe even keep the other competitive.

Comment

While in Acadia you may want to take a ride on Ocean Drive which is breath taking. My wife suggested the Dog and Pony Tavern in Bar Harbor for a lobster roll.

It appears your rooster lost a ton of scoring during the off season but with Coach Sandelin's recruiting of new talent it has a way of finding the ice surface at Amsoil, we are looking forward to a great weekend. You will love the arena particularly the "Balcony Buzzards." WELCOME!

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                        If you're going to Acadia, my favorite trail is called "The Precipice". It's pretty short but dramatic. A couple hours should be enough of time for the hike, and will give you time to stop and check out the views on the way up and at the top. Don't do it without proper footwear or if you have a fear of heights. It goes up a cliff on the side of the mountain, and includes iron rungs and narrow ledges (most of the narrow ledges have a railing on the cliff side for you to hold onto). I always go up the Precipice to the summit, then descend the Champlain North Ridge trail to the intersection with Orange and Black trail, which I take back to the Precipice below the ladder section, and then back to the parking lot. Going down the ladders is a pain with people trying to come up, so most people bypass them on the way down. (I live in Bar Harbor, and I've done this one many times)
                        To add to this, Beehive is less dramatic but also a worthwhile hike if you have the time.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerzx2002 View Post
                          To add to this, Beehive is less dramatic but also a worthwhile hike if you have the time.
                          I agree. I've probably hiked the Beehive more than any other trail in the park. It's fun, but short and doesn't take a lot of time. It's my 9 year old's favorite hike. I've done it quite often after work when all the tourists are in town getting dinner. The Sand Beach/Ocean Drive area can be a zoo during a nice July day, but can be dead quiet by 5PM -- and there is still plenty of daylight for some nice hikes at 5PM in July.

Comment

Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
                            While in Acadia you may want to take a ride on Ocean Drive which is breath taking. My wife suggested the Dog and Pony Tavern in Bar Harbor for a lobster roll.

It appears your rooster lost a ton of scoring during the off season but with Coach Sandelin's recruiting of new talent it has a way of finding the ice surface at Amsoil, we are looking forward to a great weekend. You will love the arena particularly the "Balcony Buzzards." WELCOME!
                            Is "Ocean Drive" the same as Park Loop Road? We lost a lot from last year's great squad. We've got a young blue line and some good scoring but goaltending is questionable. Both UMD and Maine have save percentages around 85%.

I'm super excited to the see the "Balcony Buzzards" I'd love to watch some of the game up there...but don't know if that's possible.

Also it sounds like you can do Mt. Cadillac in a couple hours and hit the trails up and down and be good?
                            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                              Pretty exciting last night and made the seven hour drive worthwhile. Miami isn't the team they were at one time but I don't think they're horrible. It was nice to see some really good goals, which Tralmaks, Keeper, and Holway's all were. How people on here can be negative on the newcomers is completely beyond me.
                              My negativity was based on what I saw in the first 3 games; the new guys looked every bit as pedestrian as all of Red's recruits have looked to me.

I missed Saturday's game. Was in Albany watching football and field hockey poop all over the Great Danes' homecoming.

Looking at the box-score, I'm wondering if I should quit watching my skating Bears altogether... Might result in a FF, the way they've played when I have watched 'em over the past few years.

Comment

The box score from 25 years ago tonight. It was a new era for Maine hockey. Not only would this prove to be the greatest college hockey team of all-time, it was the first game in the new, expanded arena.

Black Bears 9, Friars 3
                                Providence 0 1 2 - 3
                                Maine 2 6 1 - 9
                                FIRST PERIOD - 1. Maine, Mercier 1 (Silverman, LaCouture) 6:54; 2.
                                Maine, C Ferraro 1 (Silverman, P Ferraro) 19:37; PENALTIES -
                                Providence, Bell (served by Hanson), delay of game, 4:25; Maine,
                                Thompson, interference, 9:54
                                SECOND PERIOD - 3. Providence, Quenneville 1 (Breen, Sundquist)
                                7:29; 4. Maine, Fenton 1 (Salfi, Conlin) 7:56; 5. Maine, Mercier 2
                                (Thompson, Martin) 8:21; 6. Ingraham 1 12:02; 7. Maine, P Ferraro
                                1 (Ingraham, Dunham) 13:43; 8. Maine, Kariya 1 (C Ferraro,
                                Montgomery) 15:43; 9. C Ferraro 2 (Kariya, Montgomery) 19:50;
                                PENALTIES - Maine, LaCouture, tripping, 10:56; Providence,
                                Quenneville, holding, 12:33; Providence, Quenneville, holding,
                                15:04; Providence, Paskowski, high-sticking, 15:25
                                THIRD PERIOD - 10. Providence, Ridolfi 1 (Darby, Hulvig) 4:18; 11.
                                Providence, Quenneville 2 (Hulvig, Breen) 9:35; 12. Maine,
                                Silverman 1 (P Ferraro) 13:21 PENALTIES - Maine, Thompson,
                                tripping, 3:22; Providence, Kenney, slashing, 6:01; Maine, Tardif,
                                holding, 10:14; Maine, Tardif, hitting from behind, 13:58;
                                Providence, Kramer, holding, 16:18; Providence, Paskowski, double
                                minor, cross-checking, roughing, 17:59
                                Goaltenders: Maine, Dunham; Providence, Bell, Mullahy
                                Shots on Goal: Maine 16-15-6; Providence 3-9-4
                                Attendance: 5,442

Comment

Working...
                                X