Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMaine Black Bears, 2017-2018 season, is this Reds last stand?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UMaine Black Bears, 2017-2018 season, is this Reds last stand?

Originally posted by walrus View Post
    Rumor has it no captains have been voted on yet?? Waiting for all players to be present before the vote I guess.

This is going to be an interesting year

It's almost Labor Day. This is getting ridiculous. At least post a roster on the Web site so the fans know who the heck is back! What happened to voting on captains at the banquet.......

Comment

It's certainly odd

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

It's certainly odd

Just checked and baseball has their roster for next year up. I guess all we can do is keep our fingers crossed there are no nasty surprises.
        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
          Just checked and baseball has their roster for next year up. I guess all we can do is keep our fingers crossed there are no nasty surprises.

And their season doesn't start until February. All the players are on campus because they did conditioning tests earlier this week, so lord knows what the heck the holdup is.

Comment

Originally posted by BBDiehard14 View Post
            And their season doesn't start until February. All the players are on campus because they did conditioning tests earlier this week, so lord knows what the heck the holdup is.
            I can't imagine incoming Freshman voting on captains, I also don't believe red was waiting for the players to be on campus. I'd guess coming back in shape was a factor in why Red waited until now to decide who captains are. Roster makes no sense. Keeping fans in the dark doesn't make sense at all

Comment

I can't imagine incoming Freshman voting on captains, I also don't believe red was waiting for the players to be on campus. I'd guess coming back in shape was a factor in why Red waited until now to decide who captains are. Roster makes no sense. Keeping fans in the dark doesn't make sense at all
              No kidding, plus if you do that you wind up not having any captains over the summer. We'll see if the no roster thing works but I'm very skeptical.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                No kidding, plus if you do that you wind up not having any captains over the summer. We'll see if the no roster thing works but I'm very skeptical.
                Apparently Gendron will determine who the captains will be without any input from players.

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk

Comment

Maybe Gendron has something in store for all....but then we have been waiting for 4 years to see "whats in store for this team/program". No Roster mention or telling the public who will be his so called ON ICE LEADERS is very odd. Does not send a fan friendly or really any positive approach for this Program or the upcoming hockey season. Gendron's tenure @ Maine has not been very good...I would say and not marked in stone...but seems like this has to be a make or break season for RG and his Staff.

Comment

May be the program is going to have a big coming out party. Introduce the players, announce the Captains and then pizza and beer for everyone

Comment

May be the program is going to have a big coming out party. Introduce the players, announce the Captains and then pizza and beer for everyone
                      Maine is in company. BU and BC have not announced their team rosters either. [emoji4]

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                        Maine is in company. BU and BC have not announced their team rosters either. [emoji4]

Now if we just play like those guys we will be all set. I don't see it as that big a deal. It's just a break from tradition and mainuhs don't like that.

Comment

Now if we just play like those guys we will be all set. I don't see it as that big a deal. It's just a break from tradition and mainuhs don't like that.

I think we're pretty easygoing. It's not like we have high expectations either.

Comment

No expectations at this point and that's an issue. No excitement and no news about players and team isn't helping that

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post

One could make the argument that as a public institution spending our tax dollars, Maine has a responsibility to release information that private institutions like BC and BU do not.

Comment

Take Jack York off recruit list

Comment

Working...
                                X