Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMaine Black Bears, 2017-2018 season, is this Reds last stand?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Black Bears, 2017-2018 season, is this Reds last stand?

Originally posted by BBDiehard14 View Post
    Quinn has been heralded as a great recruiter but the guy turns into Whitehead in March and April. Can't win big games.

I had Providence ahead of BU in my poll. Leeman always has his guys playing well in March and April, when it counts. IMO he's the best coach in the league.

I had Maine ninth, but they can finish anywhere from 6-9 IMO. And I also had UNH in the basement, which would be an ohh so fitting end to Umile's career!
    Never count out a UML Norm Bazin Coached team....its his system that makes the players....and in the back ground they have Cam Ellsworth, whom could/should be a Div.1 Head Coach down the line. BU & BC will always have the talent.....but Bazin can turn his bunch into a hard team to play against.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
      You can only go up from there .
      Lets hope....but at the same time if they play like a 11th place team....winter will be long again.

Comment

Tied for last in the coaches poll.
        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
          Tied for last in the coaches poll.
          And 10 points behind #9 Merrimack.

Honestly, that seems right to me.

Comment

Dont worry guys Red has guaranteed we wont fonish 10th or 11th

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
            43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
            104-47-14 (.669) in that time
            3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
              Dont worry guys Red has guaranteed we wont fonish 10th or 11th
              How true...@ the Banquet he said Maine would "WIN" Hockey East this season..................

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                How true...@ the Banquet he said Maine would "WIN" Hockey East this season..................
                Talk is cheap, but it's still encouraging he is confident. It would be nice if we got some information as far as who has been impressing in practice and what the lineup could look like. Thank god for Bhall.

Comment

Tickets showed up today. They didn't include the Portland game. That must ship later.
                  When you say Tim Whitehead, You haven't said much!!!

Comment

Thank god for Bhall.
                    easy bud, lol
                    UMaine Black Bears Recruit Info Site GO BLUE!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                      Talk is cheap, but it's still encouraging he is confident. It would be nice if we got some information as far as who has been impressing in practice and what the lineup could look like. Thank god for Bhall.
                      Maybe bhall is RED!

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                        Tickets have gotten to folks in Bangor so they are coming. I remember when I gave a **** about tickets.

Football lost again, the flagship program of UMaine has 1 win so far.

That's a fairly weak remark, considering that Maine went to Virginia, played in stifling heat vs. the defending National Champions and the current #1 team in FCS, and hung-in like a pack of bulldogs for 3 quarters.

Football has a shot at getting into the PS. Hockey, not so much. I'll eat my Sox cap if hockey even finishes at .500.

I'm a fan of all Maine sports, as bad as most of them are... But give football credit: that program has a clue as far as being competitive on a meager budget.
                        Last edited by Fishman'81; 09-26-2017, 07:47 PM.

Comment

One thing in being confident and then there's the part of doing it on the ice, which has not been seen in his tenure in the 4 years @ Maine. And by proving it, I mean improvement in all area's of the game. There needs to be progress this season....say what you might...but the heat should be put on this Staff.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                            One thing in being confident and then there's the part of doing it on the ice, which has not been seen in his tenure in the 4 years @ Maine. And by proving it, I mean improvement in all area's of the game. There needs to be progress this season....say what you might...but the heat should be put on this Staff.
                            I'm sure they are feeling it. They have all their own players this year and there is no excuse if Maine isn't successful. I'm confident defense and goaltending will be better but not too sure about offense. The freshmen forwards will make or break the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                              He's the Rex Ryan of college hockey.

Comment

Last bit is about Doherty https://rinksiderhodeisland.com

Comment

Working...
                                X