Page 1 of 40 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: UMaine Black Bears, 2017-2018 season, is this Reds last stand?

Wind up workin' in a gas station walrus's Avatar

UMaine Black Bears, 2017-2018 season, is this Reds last stand?

School starts tomorrow and still no roster or captains as of this morning on www.Goblackbears.com Seems pretty odd?
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Re: UMaine Black Bears, 2017-2018 season, is this Reds last stand?

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    School starts tomorrow and still no roster or captains as of this morning on www.Goblackbears.com Seems pretty odd?
    Dawe is definitely going to Sioux Falls so that is a little roster news. Hopefully we eventually find out why they have waited so long, very strange.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

It is very odd, but then that has been the Gendron way from day one....keeping it secret. Good if it works....but then from his record the 4 years @ Maine...seems like nothing has worked too well for RG. (imo). Seems this has to be a make or break year for RG, even with another year on his extension.

I found some interesting pics on Twitter of what looks like fairly recent practices. You can clearly see Housakos and Perez so they are back. There is a righty wearing number 6, which was Herner's number last year, but the player looks too short to be him. It might be spicer. Also, there is a lefty wearing 22 which was Robbins' number last year. It might be that Robbins just switched numbers. If nothing else it's good to see that they have been practicing. This is a big year for Red and Maine and it would be nice to get some news on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew S. View Post
    I found some interesting pics on Twitter of what looks like fairly recent practices. You can clearly see Housakos and Perez so they are back. There is a righty wearing number 6, which was Herner's number last year, but the player looks too short to be him. It might be spicer. Also, there is a lefty wearing 22 which was Robbins' number last year. It might be that Robbins just switched numbers. If nothing else it's good to see that they have been practicing. This is a big year for Red and Maine and it would be nice to get some news on the team.
    They have been skating, the team has had ice time scheduled every day for most of august.

Red has had plenty of time to turn it around. NCAA Tournament or show him the door.
    When you say Tim Whitehead, You haven't said much!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlackBears View Post
    Red has had plenty of time to turn it around. NCAA Tournament or show him the door.
    There are two things I would like to see: improvement from the sophomore and junior classes and promise in the freshmen class. If these two things happen I'll feel good about the season.

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlackBears View Post
    He won't get this team in the NCAA's this season..

Quote Originally Posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
    He won't get this team in the NCAA's this season..
    The schedule is certainly easy enough to. I would agree though they don't have a great chance.

The schedule is certainly easy enough to. I would agree though they don't have a great chance.
    If Maine makes a regional Gendron should win coach of the year (Spencer Penrose). I really don't see this happening, but stranger things have happened.

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
    It is very odd, but then that has been the Gendron way from day one....keeping it secret. Good if it works....but then from his record the 4 years @ Maine...seems like nothing has worked too well for RG. (imo). Seems this has to be a make or break year for RG, even with another year on his extension.
    The weirdest thing is, even if you have Sidney Crosby hidden on the roster, there is no competitive advantage whatsoever. The first game is against Acadia, so everyone will play, the game doesn't count, and there will be a roster. So if you were hiding something from UConn, they'd find out with a week's warning anyways. But also, what the heck could you have that would make any difference to UConn?

I said it before during the summer, a .500 season...say 15-15-4 and a 7th or 8th place finish in Hockey East during the regular season would be a move forward...will it happen..? Goaltending has to be a strong point this season, along with a total buy in on team defense...and there in lies that the defensemen have to be there best in there own end...and scoring...who will be the sniper or snipers...or will the goals be spread out, who will be the >> ON ICE LEADER, can this team stay out of the box with stupid offensive zone penalty's and can the Coaching Staff finally prove there worthy of a Div. 1 job. I see more if's and question-marks going into the regular season play come Oct.6th & 7th.

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    The weirdest thing is, even if you have Sidney Crosby hidden on the roster, there is no competitive advantage whatsoever. The first game is against Acadia, so everyone will play, the game doesn't count, and there will be a roster. So if you were hiding something from UConn, they'd find out with a week's warning anyways. But also, what the heck could you have that would make any difference to UConn?
    ONLY the Gendron Files KNOW..!

Rumor has it no captains have been voted on yet?? Waiting for all players to be present before the vote I guess.

This is going to be an interesting year

Rumor has it no captains have been voted on yet?? Waiting for all players to be present before the vote I guess.

Yeah, from what I remember captains are always voted on in the spring.

I was looking last night and you can only buy season tickets in the really expensive section. I would think by now they would be selling them everywhere.

It's almost Labor Day. This is getting ridiculous. At least post a roster on the Web site so the fans know who the heck is back! What happened to voting on captains at the banquet.......

It's certainly odd

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

It's certainly odd

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Just checked and baseball has their roster for next year up. I guess all we can do is keep our fingers crossed there are no nasty surprises.

Just checked and baseball has their roster for next year up. I guess all we can do is keep our fingers crossed there are no nasty surprises.

And their season doesn't start until February. All the players are on campus because they did conditioning tests earlier this week, so lord knows what the heck the holdup is.

Quote Originally Posted by BBDiehard14 View Post
    And their season doesn't start until February. All the players are on campus because they did conditioning tests earlier this week, so lord knows what the heck the holdup is.
    I can't imagine incoming Freshman voting on captains, I also don't believe red was waiting for the players to be on campus. I'd guess coming back in shape was a factor in why Red waited until now to decide who captains are. Roster makes no sense. Keeping fans in the dark doesn't make sense at all

Thread Information