Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMaine Black Bears, 2017-2018 season, is this Reds last stand?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UMaine Black Bears, 2017-2018 season, is this Reds last stand?

Maine football loses once again to uhn last night

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post

They need more money.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
        Maine is in company. BU and BC have not announced their team rosters either. [emoji4]

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk
        I think not naming captains is very odd. I like the idea of the players knowing even before the summer who the captains are going to be. I don't know if it happens at Maine, but at some schools, the freshmen come in to take a summer course or two to help lighten the load and get them acclimated with their surroundings. I imagine the captains make some appearances to get to know the new kids and start setting the tone. I would think the soon to be captain/s would also appreciate having time to prepare. Maybe they already know they are going to be captain/s, it just hasn't been announced yet?
        BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Information in the Belichick era...
          bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
          SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
          All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
          A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
            Information in the Belichick era...
            Belichick and Jim Harbaugh think the Freedom of Information Act is a contradiction in terms.

In other news....Hey Ray, Happy Labor Day Weekend. Hope all is well with you and your clan.
            sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

They did, but they played a good game. Penalties and a missed PAT killed them.

If UNH is accurately rated at #13, Maine is certainly in the top-20. Hockey is nowhere near that, and I don't see it getting any closer anytime soon.

Football is and has been the flagship of men's sports at Maine for a long while now.

Comment

they haven't had a kicker worth spit in the programs history. Football is the flagship because that's what the ad wants.

I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                  They did, but they played a good game. Penalties and a missed PAT killed them.

If UNH is accurately rated at #13, Maine is certainly in the top-20. Hockey is nowhere near that, and I don't see it getting any closer anytime soon.

Football is and has been the flagship of men's sports at Maine for a long while now.
                  Ditto for UNH.

Comment

they haven't had a kicker worth spit in the programs history. Football is the flagship because that's what the ad wants.
                    True enough re: the kicking game, but give some credit to how Maine football has been relevant nationally for a while, even without a single 3-star recruit most years, let alone a 4 or a 5. The Cosgrove Era has enjoyed a lot of success with neglected prospects, while the hockey program has been an utter train-wreck in comparison.
                    Last edited by Fishman'81; 09-01-2017, 08:11 PM.

Comment

True enough re: the kicking game, but give some credit to how Maine football has been relevant nationally for a while, even without a single 3-star recruit most years, let alone a 4 or a 5. The Cosgrove Era has enjoyed a lot of success with neglected prospects, while the hockey program has been an utter train-wreck in comparison.
                      I believe the kicker has a scholarship and has good credentials. Five-star nationally ranked kicker by Kohl's Kicking Camp ... Two-time special teams player of the year ... Three-time All-League selection ... First team All-Intelligencer kicker in 2016. Hopefully, he just had a bad game.

Comment

....in the Junior Varsity "we can't compete with the big boys" division. James Madison, Sam Houston State, North Dakota State and Jacksonville State aren't exactly Michigan, Minnesota, BC and Notre Dame.

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
                          ....in the Junior Varsity "we can't compete with the big boys" division. James Madison, Sam Houston State, North Dakota State and Jacksonville State aren't exactly Michigan, Minnesota, BC and Notre Dame.
                          OK, but get real... Maine sports are not competitive at any D-1 level. (Field hockey being a kinda-sorta exception. )

Too bad there isn't a FCS-type deal for hockey, because there's no real hope for Maine hockey in the foreseeable future at the "varsity" level.

Comment

I ran across a couple of articles that include references to incoming Maine recruit Jack Quinlivan:

http://www.telegram.com/news/2017090...who-made-grade

http://www.telegram.com/news/2017090...-to-be-in-game

Comment

Originally posted by Maine Event View Post
                              I ran across a couple of articles that include references to incoming Maine recruit Jack Quinlivan:

http://www.telegram.com/news/2017090...who-made-grade

http://www.telegram.com/news/2017090...-to-be-in-game
                              Interesting, but surprised no UPDATED Roster to report by either the Coaching Staff or other publications concerning College Hockey in general.

Comment

OK, but get real... Maine sports are not competitive at any D-1 level. (Field hockey being a kinda-sorta exception. )

Too bad there isn't a FCS-type deal for hockey, because there's no real hope for Maine hockey in the foreseeable future at the "varsity" level.
                                Changes needed if this is a FAILED season for the hockey program. Never give up hope that with the right people in charge and the mindset that stranger things can happen. If I remember correctly a wise-man with a ambition/ego or whatever you may call it said: "If you don't have the best of everything, then do the best with what you have." Maybe you can call it dreaming/hoping......but I firmly believe a better program can be had....maybe not at the ELITE LEVEL as past times...but a better hard working, accountable team on the ice and behind the bench is not far fetched.

Comment

Working...
                                X