Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMaine Black Bears, 2017-2018 season, is this Reds last stand?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Black Bears, 2017-2018 season, is this Reds last stand?

Originally posted by walrus View Post
    Does anyone expect this team to compete for HE title or Natl title? I just want them to improve over last year...........
    Gendron does. Which says a lot about him as a coach. I think they are better defensively. Not much skill offensively when facing good teams. Unable to control the puck or pass very well. They play hard and could win tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
      Power still out, who knows when it comes back on. I'm thinking its Biddco fault
      Oh man I was freaking out because UMD had a game post postponed due to a power outage two years ago. I thought I was only going to see one game this weekend and not even experience the arena until tonight. Thankfully power was restored! Although I was not able to get pizza from Pats so we shall see how I can fit that in today.
      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Biddco
        Sorry you had to see those fugly sweaters

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
        I liked them and saw the throwbacks in the lobby area. I hope I see the beautiful regular home whites. Love those jerseys
        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

https://theahl.com/byrons-bet-by-no-..._c22ew.twitter
          UMaine Black Bears Recruit Info Site GO BLUE!!

Comment

Saw his first games. I knew nothing about him at the time, but he really stood out during an otherwise dismal weekend at St. Lawrence. He turned out to be the best player Maine had during his tenure. I've always thought that he had a decent shot at playing in the NHL. Too bad Red can't recruit guys like that.

Comment

Maybe I'm too much of an optimist, but I saw very little to be upset about in last night's game. The passing could have been better, but they looked like they belonged out there with UMD and didn't look out of place. Encouraging game in my opinion, interested if they follow it up today or keep up the Jekyll & Hyde we've been seeing this season.

Comment

Maine played well against a top-10 team in the country last night. You obviously want to come out with the win bit they put themselves in a position to do it playing a disciplined game and not making too many mistakes. There were a few lapses where UMD snuck behind Maine's defense but none of them ended up being costly. It looked like Maine had a tough time defending the cross-crease passes (which led to the 2nd goal). Hopefully Maine game plans for those better because UMD tried to score on those passes all game long.

It's disappointing that we never know which team is going to show up on any given night.

Comment

Anyone know why Fossier isn't playing tonight? I didn't see him get hurt last night. Honestly didn't think he played very good last night, but surprised Red would drop him for one bad game.
                  Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                  Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Holesinsky is back tonight. Smith suiting up. No Binner or fossier

Comment

Correction binner is out there. Still going with 7 blueliners. Perez is not dressed.

Comment

Looks like Maine in home whites tonight instead of the fugly sweaters

I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Looks like Maine in home whites tonight instead of the fugly sweaters

They warmed in the home whites last night too

Comment

Maine can sustain nothing in offensive end. Too many penalties.

I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                              Maine can sustain nothing in offensive end. Too many penalties.

Bizarre penalty on Smith. Did he not see the guy or think he had the puck? I can't imagine he was looking to give him a cheap shot unless there is some history we don't know about.
                              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

From what I saw Friday night and some of the first period here tonight, here are some comments as a critic, same as from recent years.

First; I like the looks of Swayman, he's quick and concentrated.
                                What is up with Pearson, seems slow and ineffective so far this season, does he have an injury.
                                The freshmen class along with the sophomore class are promising, and good juniors.
                                I didn't think Duluth looks like a top 10 team, offensively, good D though, we shall see.

As far as Maine goes:
                                - Defense cant' break out of D zone. When they try up the right wing its dismal! Reds designed play stinks for this, very predictable.
                                - Too many blind passes, puck whacking.
                                - Slow to get to loose pucks.
                                - Poor passes and too many mishandling of pucks.
                                - Can't skate the puck into the offensive zone, Reds system of dump and chase seems to have a low percentage of success.
                                - Every team can break out of their D zone against Maine without much problem on the weak side, its left wide open.
                                - Maine leaves the weak side open all the time in the neutral zone when the other team is coming out of their D zone.

Other than that, special teams is weak. So, the cellar of hockey east is within reach.
                                Last edited by NorthMike; 10-29-2017, 06:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X