Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMaine Black Bears, 2017-2018 season, is this Reds last stand?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Black Bears, 2017-2018 season, is this Reds last stand?

QU. Isn't as good as their last few teams but they certainly took it to Maine early and again in start of 3rd. Maine looked out of it in 3rd and then QU was just clearing the puck instead of skating or passing it out. Was quite a turnaround. Need to win tonight. Tall order

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
      QU. Isn't as good as their last few teams but they certainly took it to Maine early and again in start of 3rd. Maine looked out of it in 3rd and then QU was just clearing the puck instead of skating or passing it out. Was quite a turnaround. Need to win tonight. Tall order

Can be done but this is where the gut check comes...can they string two games together in the same series? They have not this season playing good one night bad the next and vice versa the following week. Win would send them into the break above .500 and bring some sense that there's still a lot of season ahead and only good things can come from a sweep @ QU.

Comment

Has Maine won every game Pappalardo has played? He must be the lucky charm.
        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
          Has Maine won every game Pappalardo has played? He must be the lucky charm.
          Did he even play? He is far to slow to keep up

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
            Did he even play? He is far to slow to keep up
            He played last night but as you say he seems to disappear good parts of the game, I don't see any upside with him in the lineup...came in with a lot of expectations of speed and goal scoring.

Comment

• that Tralmaks (sp?) goal.. was unreal.. wow! worth searching for tbose that have not seen it.

Have said it all along.. I think you guys gonna make some noise come 2018.

edit: did not realize goal link was posted already in thread. nevertheless, my amazement remains the same, nice job
              GO NU HOCKEY
              Always bullish on the future.
              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Just speculation on my part, but how much do you think the Ireland trip is helping the team so far? With that much constant time together it was a major team bonding opportunity that could help them work together better and play as a team more down the stretch. A little early to be gauging the impact of that trip, I know, but I think it's something to consider.

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                  Just speculation on my part, but how much do you think the Ireland trip is helping the team so far? With that much constant time together it was a major team bonding opportunity that could help them work together better and play as a team more down the stretch. A little early to be gauging the impact of that trip, I know, but I think it's something to consider.
                  It might have helped, but I think the bigger thing is the schedule is much easier. The first 11 games were always going to be tough outside of UConn, and those were the first two games of the season with a lot of new players. I really think Maine has a good chance of finishing .500 or better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                    He played last night but as you say he seems to disappear good parts of the game, I don't see any upside with him in the lineup...came in with a lot of expectations of speed and goal scoring.
                    I actually thought Pappalardo played with good speed last night and the second Lowell game, created turnovers in the neutral zone, assertive gaining the zone. Perhaps the game is slowing around him. Robbins seemed completely overmatched his freshman year and turned it on over the course of his sophomore year. Maybe Pappalardo can make a similar jump. Time will tell.
                    UMaine Black Bears Recruit Info Site GO BLUE!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bhall44 View Post
                      I actually thought Pappalardo played with good speed last night and the second Lowell game, created turnovers in the neutral zone, assertive gaining the zone. Perhaps the game is slowing around him. Robbins seemed completely overmatched his freshman year and turned it on over the course of his sophomore year. Maybe Pappalardo can make a similar jump. Time will tell.
                      Lets hope so as it would be a PLUS for Maine.

Comment

Yuck.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                          Yuck.
                          Looks like last night, no time in Qs zone

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                            Looks like last night, no time in Qs zone

Hopefully they get their act together during the intermission.

Comment

So frustrating to watch pucks passed behind people, pucks dumped in with no one chasing.

Comment

Working...
                              X