Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMaine Black Bears, 2017-2018 season, is this Reds last stand?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Black Bears, 2017-2018 season, is this Reds last stand?

Swayman made some spectacular saves during 2 minute 5 on 3. One timer gets by him just as penalty expires
    UMaine Black Bears Recruit Info Site GO BLUE!!

Comment

I thought Maine looked tired at the end of that period. Anyone know why vesey isn't playing?
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Maine's penalty kill is awful

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
          Maine's penalty kill is awful

It looked a little better today compared to yesterday, but that's not saying much. I was encouraged by the 5 on 5 play tonight, at least.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
            I thought Maine looked tired at the end of that period. Anyone know why vesey isn't playing?
            Pregame show just said Red sat him, played pappalardo. Why was Holway sitting last three games? Go figure.

Comment

At least if they put pucks in the net like thus itll be interesting to watch

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
              43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
              104-47-14 (.669) in that time
              3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                Why was Holway sitting last three games?
                He appeared to be favoring his left leg tonight, and saw limited 5 on 5 ice time. Rolled him out for the PP and he and Binner combined for a fantastic PK shift late in the 3rd.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                  Pregame show just said Red sat him, played pappalardo. Why was Holway sitting last three games? Go figure.
                  Guess we know why he isn't a captain

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                    At least if they put pucks in the net like thus itll be interesting to watch
                    Yup, that was an interesting turn around. Not sure how they can can look like they did Friday and then the next day look like world beaters but.... good for them.

Holway certainly added something to the mix. Hope whatever ailment he has gets better quickly. So will Rob be in net on Fridays. Big challenge next weekend.

Not sure Papalardo is ready to play at this level. Game moves a little quick from what I see.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                      Anyone know why vesey isn't playing?
                      Maybe Red & Co got tired of watching him skate in circles haphazardly behind the play

Comment

Originally posted by Bhall44 View Post
                        Maybe Red & Co got tired of watching him skate in circles haphazardly behind the play
                        Too bad, that's happened quite a few times in his Maine career. Good player when he wants

Comment

Pretty exciting last night and made the seven hour drive worthwhile. Miami isn't the team they were at one time but I don't think they're horrible. It was nice to see some really good goals, which Tralmaks, Keeper, and Holway's all were. How people on here can be negative on the newcomers is completely beyond me.

I'm not sure I've ever been to a game that featured four goals scored with a two man advantage. I don't think it favored either team, but there was some bizarre refereeing this weekend. They would call a ticky tack penalty one minute then let something blatant go the next. Maine definitely improved on the PK and the effort on the two minute 5X3 was impressive even though Miami scored right at the end. Not letting Miami score early on was huge.

Not the first time i've posted this but I just don't see it with Pappalardo. Maybe he's great in practice? He doesn't have size or quickness. If Hock and Quinlivan are both behind him that isn't a great sign for them.

I really hope Maine stays with the rotation in net. It's good to keep both guys sharp as well as rested. It would be a huge mistake to only go with one right now.

I wonder what happens with the guys who haven't played yet. Will some transfer or quit? There are half a dozen guys I can't see playing more than a game or two if they play at all.
                          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Two teams that played good/bad...bad/good one night each, for Miami they were red hot flying Friday while Maine came out of the gates on Saturday on a mission, FINALLY. Still long ways to go for Maine, especially on the penalty kill, are they below 50% on the PK..? around 45% I think{?}...wow, not good...80% is considered bad for most teams. Holway made a world of difference just being on the ice...confidence factor with him manning the power-play will be key...helps out both Binner and Tiuraniemi in taking the pressure off of both of them being the main focus. Goaltending is still a huge question-mark, and the play of Keeper and Tralmaks could be a key in Maine's search for scoring, from the wing and d-position. Still a work in progress, just bizarre how they play so bad then so good. Big test coming next weekend versus Minnesota-Duluth....then onto the road and we all know the road has not been forgiving for this Team the last few seasons.

Comment

It's game week! I'm so excited to visit Alfond and make my first visit to Maine. Leaving on Thursday and planning on going to Acadia on Friday. Perhaps see the football game on Saturday or do something else. Look for a group of 5 UMD fans (come say hi!) as we are all heading from Minnesota for this series. Cannot wait! Of all the arenas in the east this is first on my list to see.
                              tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                                It's game week! I'm so excited to visit Alfond and make my first visit to Maine. Leaving on Thursday and planning on going to Acadia on Friday. Perhaps see the football game on Saturday or do something else. Look for a group of 5 UMD fans (come say hi!) as we are all heading from Minnesota for this series. Cannot wait! Of all the arenas in the east this is first on my list to see.
                                As someone who has also made this trip, Alfond is a special place. It is so different than what we are used to out west. I can't wait for North Dakota to get Maine back on the schedule. It's a great trip, and I'm sure you'll have a tremendous time. Let the locals guide you on the can't-miss places to check out.
                                North Dakota
                                National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Working...
                                X