Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMaine Black Bears, 2017-2018 season, is this Reds last stand?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Black Bears, 2017-2018 season, is this Reds last stand?

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    What are people thinking as far as this weekend goes? I'm going 5-3 Maine tonight and 4-1 Miami tomorrow. I think a split suits both teams.

It would be nice to see Maine get a few goals this weekend on tips or rebounds. All of the goals against UConn came on clean shots.
    Both teams are in rebuilding mode and will sport a large sophomore and freshman contingent. Maine will have to keep Belpedio and Hutton in check, both are offensively active blueliners. Miami thrives off puck possession where they like to keep the pressure on opposing defenses and pounce on mistakes and penalties. Miami will test Maine on the PP especially from the blueline. Miami has young talent up front and is strong in the face off circle. Broken record now, but Maine will need to win the puck possession game, stay out of the box, and be strong in net. In two games so far Maine has shown to have much improved ability to possess the puck this year compared to last season. Now with 3 weeks of team practice together it will be interesting to see how Maine has come together and where injury situation are. I'm going split but wouldn't be surprised with a tie either night.
    UMaine Black Bears Recruit Info Site GO BLUE!!

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
      If Leaman is getting dinged because he was winning with Tim Army's teams (which is bonkers, he won it all in year 4), he should get equal credit for Stan Bennett's first three years at Union.

I'd fall all over myself for Leaman or Bazin, trying to shine up Red to match, or besmirch either UML or PC, is ridiculous. Maine sucks, Red is the coach of the team, those are the facts. UML and PC are where we can only dream of someday being.

As far as this weekend? 0-2.
      +1 except for this weekends picks, Maine wins tonight. Saying Bazin or Leaman shouldn't get full credit for their teams success is a joke
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Halfway through first. New lines. Nothing working.

Comment

Not pretty. Only saving grace is not down by 5 or 6. Rob out of position and can't control rebounds. No help in front of him in any form.

Comment

Going by Muelbauer every time.
            They need holway

Comment

Pathetic period by Maine. Awful, sloppy passes, McGovern got beat like a rented mule by Green on the second goal, but other than that he really hasn't been that bad. They tried to be way too cute with passing, especially on the power play. Also have been lifeless at the faceoff dot. They were trying to make a hard play happen rather than just putting pucks on net. One of the worst periods I've seen in a while.
              Last edited by amkirby10; 10-20-2017, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Cant clear defensive zone, score, and so it goes. Guess they didnt work on that this week.

Comment

My feed was lousy, but I think it's a final...

My takeaway is pretty-much exactly what it's been for years now: the Red era is an utter disaster.

Thinking that my over/under prediction of 10 wins was fueled by Gritty's Black Fly stout... I wouldn't be in the least surprised if Maine goes 8 and something, or worse.

Let's all sign a petition to hire Timmy back. At least he flirted with the postseason, even during his worst years. Red couldn't recruit so much as a ham sandwich if his life depended on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                    My feed was lousy, but I think it's a final...

My takeaway is pretty-much exactly what it's been for years now: the Red era is an utter disaster.

Thinking that my over/under prediction of 10 wins was fueled by Gritty's Black Fly stout... I wouldn't be in the least surprised if Maine goes 8 and something, or worse.

Let's all sign a petition to hire Timmy back. At least he flirted with the postseason, even during his worst years. Red couldn't recruit so much as a ham sandwich if his life depended on it.
                    Tim probably wasn't too pleased when he was fired, but I'm guessing he's pleased to be out of Orono now. He is recruiting now and winning championships.

Comment

Red appears to be done, they can't let him be lame duck and he can't build a program. Speed kills and Maine is stuck in cement. I had high hopes when he was hired, those have been dashed for years but I was hoping......
                      Last edited by walrus; 10-20-2017, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                        Tim probably wasn't too pleased when he was fired, but I'm guessing he's pleased to be out of Orono now. He is recruiting now and winning championships.
                        Tim is right where he belongs.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                          Tim is right where he belongs.
                          You may be right. I think he will be recruited to coach a college team at some point and if it's the right fit he just may accept it.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                            You may be right. I think he will be recruited to coach a college team at some point and if it's the right fit he just may accept it.
                            Division 1? I doubt it

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                              Division 1? I doubt it

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                              Red got a D-1 job for mysterious reasons, and an inexplicable extension, FCS...

Timmy was/is a much better head coach. I'd take him back on the cheap, but he wouldn't do that. Red has taken Maine to rock-bottom, and only a young and starving coach would want that job.

Field hockey, anyone?

Comment

I'm shocked Maine is playing this horrible defensively and on the PK. I thought they might have trouble scoring, but that isn't the issue so far. Hopefully they can sort things out. I was impressed with Pieper tonight. Maine needs to get Holway and Holesinsky back as soon as possible.
                                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Working...
                                X