Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMaine Black Bears, 2017-2018 season, is this Reds last stand?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Black Bears, 2017-2018 season, is this Reds last stand?

Originally posted by Stevo1091 View Post
    I remember coming back from the Hockey East Championship in 2012 and stopping at the rest stop in Kennebunk (I was in the Naked 5 at the time) and the team had also stopped there. Will came right up to us and thanked us for being so dedicated to the team and we had a very nice conversation with him. He is a genuine, stand-up guy and I'm extremely happy that he's getting his shot in the NHL.
    Me too. He has the tools to be an everyday player at that level. ( Not an all-star, mind you, but a reliable piece of the puzzle.)

Kinda surprised that it's taken this long, but I'll be following him, just as I do Flynn, Shore, Goose, Darling, Howard, Bish, et al.

Does anyone think that any player from this team has a snowball's chance..? I'm gonna write Timmy, and ask him to come back! ( Sorry, there I go again. )
    Last edited by Fishman'81; 11-03-2017, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
      I'd like to see whatever the hockey equivalent of naughty boy nets is. I think tomorrow we find out what the team is made out of.
      #57 in the KRACH, but God bless you for hanging in there. I really do admire that.

Comment

I'd like to see whatever the hockey equivalent of naughty boy nets is. I think tomorrow we find out what the team is made out of.
        Stick a fork in them, they are what we thought they were, bottom feeders in hockey east. Swayman will have to be the savior for this team to do anything.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Maine was in the game and had there chances, comes down to they have let it get to them {road record and play}...no leadership to take over and gut out a win. Its always close at times but can't finish it...I had hopes for a better season {as in a 7th or 8th place finish in Hockey East}...with that said.

Comment

On a different NOTE: Has anyone with season tickets received there tickets for the Portland game versus BU..? Usually sent out by the University or from Portland..? Reason I wonder as I hope its not through the U, still waiting for my Football renewal form and my hockey season tickets, which they assured me they mailed out.

Comment

I honestly don't think Maine has ever had a finer captain than him.........
              Jim Montgomery? Will O'Neill was a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                Jim Montgomery? Will O'Neill was a good one.
                I'd take O'Neil over him. Jim had Shawn and a crazy amount of talent when he was captain.
                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                  Stick a fork in them, they are what we thought they were, bottom feeders in hockey east. Swayman will have to be the savior for this team to do anything.

The frustrating part for me was Maine looked the better team last night and then a couple of incredibly stupid individual plays cost them big. It was obvious both times Maine got the lead they completely went into a shell and that needs to stop. I'll also say I don't think Maine is getting enough from Michel, Vesey, Pearson, and Fossier right now. Michel needs to shorten his shifts significantly(its something the whole team should do) and not try to do too much. He's a very good player but has looked out of sorts the last few weekends. It should be noted he was on the ice for all three goals last night.

Comment

The frustrating part for me was Maine looked the better team last night and then a couple of incredibly stupid individual plays cost them big. It was obvious both times Maine got the lead they completely went into a shell and that needs to stop. I'll also say I don't think Maine is getting enough from Michel, Vesey, Pearson, and Fossier right now. Michel needs to shorten his shifts significantly(its something the whole team should do) and not try to do too much. He's a very good player but has looked out of sorts the last few weekends. It should be noted he was on the ice for all three goals last night.
                    Is he paired with Matti tirunemi, I butchered his name but I read comments that thought he was awful last night.

I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Vesey is such a bust.

Comment

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
                        Vesey is such a bust.
                        It's hard to even argue with that. Has he gotten any better in his four years here? He continues to take shifts and sometimes games off it seems. This team has got to learn to bury their chances. They're lacking natural finishers and everyone is kind of waiting for someone to make something happen. Last night was particulary frustrating because for the first time in a while, they were the better team on the road. Maine is genuienly better than Lowell this year and they still couldn't finish them off. They score a goal and immediately let up. They lack the killer instinct.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                          Is he paired with Matti tirunemi, I butchered his name but I read comments that thought he was awful last night.

He is, and that obviously isn't helping him. Michel, and also McGovern, completely misplayed the 2X1's where UML scored. Not that it is an excuse for Tiru's part in those goals, but both Michel and McGovern should have done much better. They looked like it was their first time playing hockey.

The players owe a strong response today to themselves and the fans. Last night was embarrassing and if they come out and meekly surrender today there is no point in us watching the rest of the season. I didn't think this series would mean very much but after giving away a game Maine needs to get something out of it.

Comment

He is, and that obviously isn't helping him. Michel, and also McGovern, completely misplayed the 2X1's where UML scored. Not that it is an excuse for Tiru's part in those goals, but both Michel and McGovern should have done much better. They looked like it was their first time playing hockey.

The players owe a strong response today to themselves and the fans. Last night was embarrassing and if they come out and meekly surrender today there is no point in us watching the rest of the season. I didn't think this series would mean very much but after giving away a game Maine needs to get something out of it.
                            So what your saying is you don't see the light at the end of "RED's" tunnel..???..!

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                              So what your saying is you don't see the light at the end of "RED's" tunnel..???..!
                              I'm very happy with the talent he has brought in, and think Maine is going the right direction in that respect. The in game stuff is so frustrating though. Last night would have been a nice win against a very solid team in their own rink. Instead they completely threw it away. They didn't even make Lowell earn it.

Timmy left Maine in bad shape talent wise(especially with regard to future recruits), but you go down the schedule each year and there are at least three or four games Maine left out there. And its not like they've won a lot of games they shouldn't have. Losing and winning are both habits that are hard to break, but at some point they are going to have to in order to move forward. The players need to back each other and stay confident no matter what if they're going to start winning.

Comment

I'm very happy with the talent he has brought in, and think Maine is going the right direction in that respect. The in game stuff is so frustrating though. Last night would have been a nice win against a very solid team in their own rink. Instead they completely threw it away. They didn't even make Lowell earn it.

Timmy left Maine in bad shape talent wise(especially with regard to future recruits), but you go down the schedule each year and there are at least three or four games Maine left out there. And its not like they've won a lot of games they shouldn't have. Losing and winning are both habits that are hard to break, but at some point they are going to have to in order to move forward. The players need to back each other and stay confident no matter what if they're going to start winning.
                                AND does that not fall upon the Coaching Staff..? Plus who's the ON ICE Leader for Maine {player wise}..? It's a team wise failure {Coaching/Players} imo.

Comment

Working...
                                X