Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMaine Black Bears, 2017-2018 season, is this Reds last stand?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Black Bears, 2017-2018 season, is this Reds last stand?

Holway with a nice rush, beautiful pass to Fossier, whiffs, wow Still end up with a goal as Vesey and Holway team up,, 4-2
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
      Holway with a nice rush, beautiful pass to Fossier, whiffs, wow Still end up with a goal as Vesey and Holway team up,, 4-2
      Fossier has been snakebitten for a while now, he's been sauced some good passes on odd man rushes and can't put it in the net.

Comment

What an awesome pass by Pearson to feed Vesey for that goal.

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
          What an awesome pass by Pearson to feed Vesey for that goal.
          Pretty nice pass from fossier to set it up.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Good win. Vermont is as bad as their record though. Why Robbins isn't on 1st or 2nd line is beyond me. Pearson may be getting more comfortable. Holway may be best player Maine has after swayman. He certainly is the guy we needed to carry the puck. Nice the see them rack up some goals

Comment

• have a feeling you guys are going to be there at the Garden.
              GO NU HOCKEY
              Always bullish on the future.
              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                have a feeling you guys are going to be there at the Garden.
                Too funny, let's see them win some games on the road first.

Comment

Tonight they did what they couldn't do last night... score, persevere, and finish a team off. Friday night still stings. UVM is a complete mess right now. If not for Lekkas both nights would have been incredibly ugly. Should have been a 4 point weekend. Oh well, 9 games in and 9 points in Hockey East... we had 12 all of last season. Going in the right direction anyway! No matter how frustrating it can be....
                  UMaine Black Bears Recruit Info Site GO BLUE!!

Comment

I have been sitting on the sidelines for a long time and will continue to do so for the most part. But I was fortunate to attend the 2-2 tie on Friday night, my first viewing of this team of the season. For all of you lamenting about how bad the team is and how they have defeated no one or blew it you are internet trolls. I have been critical of the team, coaching, and administration for several years now and hence apathetic, which is worse than being critical. I still lean toward apathy, but after the game Friday and then seeing the score today here is what I have come away with!

HOPE!

#1 We have a Goalie.
                    #2 Most of our impact players are either freshmen or sophomores
                    #3 We can Skate!

After going to the game and seeing Maine dominate and come away with a tie it was disappointing, but far better than past years. Then I read posts that we're slow or expletives about losing a point. Well hell they are not going to win a Championship over night! Maine has been bad for years and we are looking for signs of hope. This year we are seeing that. Yet most every post I read is we beat bad teams! Well every team we have defeated was ranked ahead of us in Hockey East and BU and Lowell are not exactly sisters of the poor. Folks there are still issues, but this years team is actually playing hard and is a heck of a lot better than most "experts" and most of us expected. ENJOY and let's hope this is the turn we have been waiting for!

With that said I can honestly say that the overall fan experience is depressing. Not sure what the University is doing to engage with fans, donors and potential donors since Friends group was essentially dissolved, but the atmosphere was lacking from an admin side and that does not give me a belief that the A.D. is doing the necessary work to embrace Maine alumni and fans who these days shell out $76 (with fees) for 2 tickets.

This Hockey team is entertaining and going in the right direction. Let's enjoy and embrace and see if indeed Red does have us trending in the right direction. Season is still young, but this team has much more talent than many are giving them credit for and is fun to watch.
                    Last edited by BobF; 12-02-2017, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Can someone give me the Cliffs Notes version of the answer to whether this year is really Red's last stand?

I mean, at least we know for sure darn sarf ... it's the not knowing that kills you sometimes ...
                      Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                      Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by BobF View Post
                        I have been sitting on the sidelines for a long time and will continue to do so for the most part. But I was fortunate to attend the 2-2 tie on Friday night, my first viewing of this team of the season. For all of you lamenting about how bad the team is and how they have defeated no one or blew it you are internet trolls. I have been critical of the team, coaching, and administration for several years now and hence apathetic, which is worse than being critical. I still lean toward apathy, but after the game Friday and then seeing the score today here is what I have come away with!

HOPE!

#1 We have a Goalie.
                        #3 We can Skate!

After going to the game and seeing Maine dominate and come away with a tie it was disappointing, but far better than past years. Than I read posts that we're slow or expletives about losing a point. Well hell they are not going to win a Championship over night! Maine has been bad for years and we are looking for signs of hope. This year we are seeing that. Yet most every post I read is we beat bad teams! Well every team we have defeated was ranked ahead of us in Hockey East and BU and Lowell are not exactly sisters of the poor. Folks there are still issues, but this years team is actually playing hard and is a heck of a lot better than most "experts" and most of us expected. ENJOY and let's hope this is the turn we have been waiting for!

With that said I can honestly say that the overall fan experience is depressing. Not sure what the University is doing to engage with fans, donors and potential donors since Friends group was essentially dissolved, but the atmosphere was lacking from an admin side and that does not give me a belief that the A.D. is doing the necessary work to embrace Maine alumni and fans who these days shell out $76 (with fees) for 2 tickets.

This Hockey team is entertaining and going in the right direction. Let's enjoy and embrace and see if indeed Red does have us trending in the right direction. Season is still young, but this team has much more talent than many are giving them credit for and is fun to watch.
                        +1

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                          Can someone give me the Cliffs Notes version of the answer to whether this year is really Red's last stand?

I mean, at least we know for sure darn sarf ... it's the not knowing that kills you sometimes ...
                          Unless a complete tanking occurs from here on out no it is not his last stand. He will have shown the team is going in the right direction. Then comes the discussion of the extension which will surely come with plenty of typical maine fan commentary

Comment

I think you will see Red behind the bench again next year, the last year of his extension, but after that who knows????????

Comment

Well if we lose to UHN 3x's he undoubtedly needs to go. But I know you posted only for me to give you that answer Chuck!

Comment

• Originally posted by BobF View Post

HOPE!

#1 We have a Goalie.
                                #3 We can Skate!

After going to the game and seeing Maine dominate and come away with a tie it was disappointing, but far better than past years. Then I read posts that we're slow or expletives about losing a point. Well hell they are not going to win a Championship over night! Maine has been bad for years and we are looking for signs of hope. This year we are seeing that. Yet most every post I read is we beat bad teams! Well every team we have defeated was ranked ahead of us in Hockey East and BU and Lowell are not exactly sisters of the poor. Folks there are still issues, but this years team is actually playing hard and is a heck of a lot better than most "experts" and most of us expected. ENJOY and let's hope this is the turn we have been waiting for!

Completely agree. Maine is much improved in the last couple years and heading in the right direction.
                                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Working...
                                X