Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMaine Black Bears, 2017-2018 season, is this Reds last stand?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Black Bears, 2017-2018 season, is this Reds last stand?

Was ready to be excited about last night. Then BU scored a touchdown......

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
    43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
    104-47-14 (.669) in that time
    3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
      An awesome win tonight and I honestly don't care if Maine loses 10-0 tomorrow. I would have snatched someone's hand off for a draw going into the weekend.
      Close.
      It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
        Was ready to be excited about last night. Then BU scored a touchdown......

While I realize that you can't win a hockey game without scoring a goal, McGovern isn't going to get this team anywhere. That's pretty clear.

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
          Close.
          Yeah, Maine never had a chance. I'm still ecstatic with the split. No difference in losing 7-0 versus 1-0.
          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
            Yeah, Maine never had a chance. I'm still ecstatic with the split. No difference in losing 7-0 versus 1-0.
            Disagree. Confidence of both players and fan base is still an issue. 7-0 errodes that in a huge way. At "home" too.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
            43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
            104-47-14 (.669) in that time
            3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
              Disagree. Confidence of both players and fan base is still an issue. 7-0 errodes that in a huge way. At "home" too.
              +1

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                  Bulls hit, the team didn't even bother to show for 50%of the weekend and you are ecstatic. Same old Maine hockey we have seen for the last 7 years.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                    Bulls hit, the team didn't even bother to show for 50%of the weekend and you are ecstatic. Same old Maine hockey we have seen for the last 7 years.

You got that right...I mean coming off a big win and a really fine overall play on Friday to just turn around and throw it away down in Portland, this same old...same old has passed its shelf life. Good/Bad...Bad/Good is not just on the players but points towards a Staff that has no control (imo). If you want to move forward and to be considered a Div.1 Hockey Program then it has to show up on the Ice and behind the Bench...

Comment

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
                      If I had to make predictions for HE based on results to date......

1. BC
                      2. Providence
                      3. Northeastern
                      4. UMass-Lowell
                      5. Maine
                      6. UNH
                      7. BU
                      8. UMass
                      9. UConn
                      10. Vermont
                      11. Merrimack

I think that Maine is in the same pod as UMass-Lowell, UNH & BU fighting for 4th-7th place.
                      No way Maine finishes above 8th.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                        No way Maine finishes above 8th.
                        If they keep splitting the goaltending then I absolutely agree!

Comment

If they keep splitting the goaltending then I absolutely agree!
                          . It seems pretty obvious to all of us that swayman is better, why is Rob playing? Alfie have any say in this? With that said Rob got 0 help last night.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                            . It seems pretty obvious to all of us that swayman is better, why is Rob playing? Alfie have any say in this? With that said Rob got 0 help last night.

With the effort put forth last night, Maine may have lost 4-0 instead of 7-0 with Swayman in net. It just makes you wonder what goes rough Red's mind with some of these decisions that he makes. He needs to start making decisions based on reality instead of some thought process that he has used for the last 40 years...

Comment

With the effort put forth last night, Maine may have lost 4-0 instead of 7-0 with Swayman in net. It just makes you wonder what goes rough Red's mind with some of these decisions that he makes. He needs to start making decisions based on reality instead of some thought process that he has used for the last 40 years...
                              Again..+1...time for a wake up call.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post

What good would it have done if Maine played great and lost 3-1? BU has some serious talent and there was no way they were getting swept. This isn't golf where Maine controls their own destiny. Have you looked into BU at all? They're a jekyll and hyde team who was due for a good performance saturday after playing poorly friday. With their talent it would take a miracle for Maine to beat them when BU plays well. Not to mention Maine's recent record at CCCC.
                                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Working...
                                X