Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMaine Black Bears, 2017-2018 season, is this Reds last stand?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UMaine Black Bears, 2017-2018 season, is this Reds last stand?

School starts tomorrow and still no roster or captains as of this morning on www.Goblackbears.com Seems pretty odd?
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Re: UMaine Black Bears, 2017-2018 season, is this Reds last stand?

Originally posted by walrus View Post
    School starts tomorrow and still no roster or captains as of this morning on www.Goblackbears.com Seems pretty odd?
    Dawe is definitely going to Sioux Falls so that is a little roster news. Hopefully we eventually find out why they have waited so long, very strange.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

It is very odd, but then that has been the Gendron way from day one....keeping it secret. Good if it works....but then from his record the 4 years @ Maine...seems like nothing has worked too well for RG. (imo). Seems this has to be a make or break year for RG, even with another year on his extension.

Comment

I found some interesting pics on Twitter of what looks like fairly recent practices. You can clearly see Housakos and Perez so they are back. There is a righty wearing number 6, which was Herner's number last year, but the player looks too short to be him. It might be spicer. Also, there is a lefty wearing 22 which was Robbins' number last year. It might be that Robbins just switched numbers. If nothing else it's good to see that they have been practicing. This is a big year for Red and Maine and it would be nice to get some news on the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
          I found some interesting pics on Twitter of what looks like fairly recent practices. You can clearly see Housakos and Perez so they are back. There is a righty wearing number 6, which was Herner's number last year, but the player looks too short to be him. It might be spicer. Also, there is a lefty wearing 22 which was Robbins' number last year. It might be that Robbins just switched numbers. If nothing else it's good to see that they have been practicing. This is a big year for Red and Maine and it would be nice to get some news on the team.
          They have been skating, the team has had ice time scheduled every day for most of august.

Comment

Red has had plenty of time to turn it around. NCAA Tournament or show him the door.
            When you say Tim Whitehead, You haven't said much!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GoBlackBears View Post
              Red has had plenty of time to turn it around. NCAA Tournament or show him the door.
              There are two things I would like to see: improvement from the sophomore and junior classes and promise in the freshmen class. If these two things happen I'll feel good about the season.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBlackBears View Post
                He won't get this team in the NCAA's this season..

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                  He won't get this team in the NCAA's this season..
                  The schedule is certainly easy enough to. I would agree though they don't have a great chance.

Comment

The schedule is certainly easy enough to. I would agree though they don't have a great chance.
                    If Maine makes a regional Gendron should win coach of the year (Spencer Penrose). I really don't see this happening, but stranger things have happened.

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                      It is very odd, but then that has been the Gendron way from day one....keeping it secret. Good if it works....but then from his record the 4 years @ Maine...seems like nothing has worked too well for RG. (imo). Seems this has to be a make or break year for RG, even with another year on his extension.
                      The weirdest thing is, even if you have Sidney Crosby hidden on the roster, there is no competitive advantage whatsoever. The first game is against Acadia, so everyone will play, the game doesn't count, and there will be a roster. So if you were hiding something from UConn, they'd find out with a week's warning anyways. But also, what the heck could you have that would make any difference to UConn?

Comment

I said it before during the summer, a .500 season...say 15-15-4 and a 7th or 8th place finish in Hockey East during the regular season would be a move forward...will it happen..? Goaltending has to be a strong point this season, along with a total buy in on team defense...and there in lies that the defensemen have to be there best in there own end...and scoring...who will be the sniper or snipers...or will the goals be spread out, who will be the >> ON ICE LEADER, can this team stay out of the box with stupid offensive zone penalty's and can the Coaching Staff finally prove there worthy of a Div. 1 job. I see more if's and question-marks going into the regular season play come Oct.6th & 7th.

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
                          The weirdest thing is, even if you have Sidney Crosby hidden on the roster, there is no competitive advantage whatsoever. The first game is against Acadia, so everyone will play, the game doesn't count, and there will be a roster. So if you were hiding something from UConn, they'd find out with a week's warning anyways. But also, what the heck could you have that would make any difference to UConn?
                          ONLY the Gendron Files KNOW..!

Comment

Rumor has it no captains have been voted on yet?? Waiting for all players to be present before the vote I guess.

This is going to be an interesting year
                            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Rumor has it no captains have been voted on yet?? Waiting for all players to be present before the vote I guess.

This is going to be an interesting year
                              Yeah, from what I remember captains are always voted on in the spring.

I was looking last night and you can only buy season tickets in the really expensive section. I would think by now they would be selling them everywhere.

Comment

Working...
                              X