Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMaine Black Bears, 2017-2018 season, is this Reds last stand?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Black Bears, 2017-2018 season, is this Reds last stand?

Need some discipline to stay out of the box. Falls on you coaching staff!
    Hopefully #1 starts tonight and closes the door to complete the sweep. Defense needs to respect the UConn speed more and stop the odd man rushes. Go Blue!

Comment

That was a great shot on goal by Vesey, I was sitting down low aligned behind him to the lane on net he had, goalie was squared up but left some small room.
      Saw Vesey on the OT face off and thought well maybe Vesey will do something, he was pretty quiet all game.
      The Sophomore class looked good, faster and more confident, good to see.
      UConn will out coach Maine today, make adjustments and pick on the weak spots.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
        Maine played hard all game, Looked slower than UConn at times but considerably faster than last years team, more depth on the lines and on D. Bubba made 1 mistake(2nd goal) but looked really good for most of the game. Like Doherty, Tralmaks and Brady Keeper,he likes to jump into the offense. It seems everyone was throwing puck on net and actually making the goalie stop the puck unlike last year hitting the boards or glass. Also quite physical but too many penalties including a too many men with 2 minutes left, W TF. Maine forced that turnover up high and Vesey took off, great shot and everyone went home happy Hope they play well this afternoon.
        http://bangordailynews.com/2017/10/0...am-past-uconn/
        Maine was sending all four lines out but rotating Pappalardo's spot and I bet that is what caused the confusion. It would have been extremely nice to have had Holesinsky and Smith last night. The most amazing thing to me was that they didn't really miss Holway and he is probably Maine's second best dman. This has got to be the best group of dmen since 2002 and I'm not sure it is even close. The team overall looked a lot more like an old fashioned Maine team than what we have seen in recent times. Maine got the rub of the green on the disallowed goal, but I thought the refs were much kinder to Uconn as far as the penalties called.

Uconn's a pretty solid outfit. They'll cause problems for the top teams and I think they are clearly better than Merrimack, UNH, and UMass. I hope the kid who got hurt is okay. It looked a really nasty injury and I wouldn't be surprised if he is out for awhile.

Hopefully some of the guys who didn't play last night are back in today. I would assume Swayman gets the start in net. I wanted to post this yesterday and obviously didn't but I like Bub starting friday and Swayman starting saturday. This week it obviously gives Swayman a chance to get a feel for the team and game, but even down the road it lets Swayman see the other team for one night before he goes out there. Most of the teams this year Bub has already seen anyway.
        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

I was personally perplexed as to why we saw so much of Lacroix, Housakos, and Perez. I know Peter ended up scoring but he went completely braindead on a defensive zone draw that created a chance for Connecticut.

Comment

Better feet than last year, but still a glaring dearth of hands. Same old from Red product to my eyes.

Tiny sample, but Maine looks like a below-average team yet again. If UConn didn't have their probable GWG goal inexplicably washed-out, I don't think there'd be a single happy camper on this thread today.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
              Better feet than last year, but still a glaring dearth of hands. Same old from Red product to my eyes.

Tiny sample, but Maine looks like a below-average team yet again. If UConn didn't have their probable GWG goal inexplicably washed-out, I don't think there'd be a single happy camper on this thread today.
              Hopefully they play as the football team

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                Hopefully they play as the football team

It's probably the kickers fault or something.

Comment

Smith for Pappalardo only change today.

Comment

• Swagman in net
                    UMaine Black Bears Recruit Info Site GO BLUE!!

Comment

Did Maine decide to give up after not scoring on the PP? W T F was that?

Comment

Halfway through Huska is the difference

Comment

Fossier hits a pipe in the final seconds, but passing has largely been sloppy for Maine. Another thing is they can't seem to keep track of pucks, that's how two of Connecticut's goals were scored because they couldn't find it in space. On the bright side, Maine actually is outshooting an opponent for once, as of my writing of this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhall44 View Post
                            Halfway through Huska is the difference
                            True dat, he has been great, no rebounds

I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Gendron pulls the goalie with 7+ minutes left

Comment

UConn packing it in tight on the 6 on 5.

Comment

Working...
                                X