Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMaine Black Bears, 2017-2018 season, is this Reds last stand?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UMaine Black Bears, 2017-2018 season, is this Reds last stand?

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
    He did and he didn't look that good on FG's....hoping he's on a learning curve....last week his kicking looked to be he was too much under the ball and this week his kicks were low. All in all his kicking will have a impact in games...especially on PAT's and close in FG's.
    He missed a couple of PAT's, but the skill players on Maine football continue to impress.

Might be another good year.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
      He missed a couple of PAT's, but the skill players on Maine football continue to impress.

Might be another good year.
      If they can continue a strong running game and keep there defense with a strong pass rush to go with improved kicking game then they can be a good team in the CAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
        Do you know if this year's team spent any time with the '93 team? Hopefully PK spends more time around Orono in the years to come.
        I was shocked to see Paul Kariya on Saturday. I'm surprised that more people aren't talking about this considering his reclusiveness. I'm guessing that being able to spend some time with Grant was a major reason for his attendance.

Comment

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
          I was shocked to see Paul Kariya on Saturday. I'm surprised that more people aren't talking about this considering his reclusiveness. I'm guessing that being able to spend some time with Grant was a major reason for his attendance.
          I was shocked when he said he had no bad feelings about nhl.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
            I was shocked when he said he had no bad feelings about nhl.

As the saying goes time heals all wounds. Did Larry or anyone else get a chance to talk to him? It seems like the BDN hasn't had much coverage.
            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

As the saying goes time heals all wounds. Did Larry or anyone else get a chance to talk to him? It seems like the BDN hasn't had much coverage.
              I did see Larry around during the social portion prior to the banquet talking to Jimmy and a few others. Kariya didn't arrive until just before the dinner started so idk if Larry hung around that long, I didn't see him after that.

Comment

So, who has been running the captains practice in august and now through Sept?

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                  So, who has been running the captains practice in august and now through Sept?
                  Pretend captains

Comment

Pretend captains

Maybe they pick someone different each day.
                    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Maybe they pick someone different each day.
                      The old Jacques Lemaire system of rotating Captains? I've read that a good bunch of his former players really liked that.

Not the worst way to incentivize players to step up and earn that letter.

Funny to see Pellerin and Carney both wore C's under his tenure with the Wild

Comment

Originally posted by tylerzx2002 View Post
                        The old Jacques Lemaire system of rotating Captains? I've read that a good bunch of his former players really liked that.

Not the worst way to incentivize players to step up and earn that letter.

Funny to see Pellerin and Carney both wore C's under his tenure with the Wild
                        Not a bad idea....maybe change every month of the season....maybe keep one steady C, and one steady A.....and rotate the other A

Comment

It would sure be nice to see Maine Hockey put the NAME of Grant Standbrook up with 8, 9, 19, SW in the rafters banner....was quite a weekend to witness how many people he has touched over the years. Seeing his former players, coaches, fans, and many-many friends in and around the area and country that just loved the man for not just hockey but for the all around great human being he is...a classy gentlemen through and through....c'mon Maine Hockey get in gear and add his NAME to the Banner in the Rafters.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                            ....c'mon Maine Hockey get in gear and add his NAME to the Banner in the Rafters.
                            +1 on this, if anyone deserves this honor its Grant

Comment

+1 on this, if anyone deserves this honor its Grant
                              Lets hope so....far time for it.

Comment

I don't think you'll meet anyone who disagrees that Grant deserves a spot in the rafters. The University needs to make this happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X