Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAH Hockey 2017-18

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    That is news to me. Guess we'll be in the market for a new assistant. Good luck to Matty!
    Michael Napier - UAH '97
    uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
    U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
    NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
    CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
    CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by UAHStatman View Post
      That is news to me. Guess we'll be in the market for a new assistant. Good luck to Matty!
      Indeed. I know that this puts him a lot closer to home, and as I remember his last duty location was the DC naval yard.

GFM
      Geof F. Morris
      UAH BSE MAE 2002
      UAHHockey.com

Comment

Seven seniors and Tyler Poulsen to play their final VBC games on Saturday:
        https://uahhockey.com/blog/2018/02/2...-senior-night/

Poulsen is listed a junior, but his eligibility will run out. Recall that he was a practice player in 2014-15.
        Michael Napier - UAH '97
        uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey

Comment

Seven seniors and Tyler Poulsen to play their final VBC games on Saturday:
          https://uahhockey.com/blog/2018/02/2...-senior-night/

Poulsen is listed a junior, but his eligibility will run out. Recall that he was a practice player in 2014-15.
          So this is the first real Corbett class, minus the fact that Kestner was probably a lock to come here regardless. I grade them very well. Getting Max, a kid of the USHL who isn't eye-popping in any one part of his resume or stat sheet, was still a really big get for the program —*especially in the early signing period. There really hasn't been a "wow" signing like that since, but it came when we needed it. I really hate that he's been injured for most of his senior season.

Buri seemed to have plateaued somewhere along the way — maybe injury for a guy that big. Around that time is when I lost the time and energy to poke around about those things.

Champagne played to exactly what you'd expect he could coming out of juniors, and he's done it well.

Kestner ... I'll admit that I didn't think that he could do it at this level, and I was very, very wrong. He bulked up and played both ends of the ice, knowing that's what he'd have to do to be out there. He's just not the same kid that walked on campus four years ago. The fans **** well better chant his name on Saturday.

Parker, like Champagne, plays a fun, steady game. Every once in a while, he scored from his end of the ice.

Poulsen has been fun to watch this year as well. For that first year, my favorite was hearing all the alumni ask how classes were going.

Saulnier makes me angry, and I hope that he gets to walk out in a suit.

I really wish that Uhelski could/would take that redshirt year and come back for one more. I kept hearing everyone — coaches, skaters, and especially Carmine and Rosey — talk about how hard U-Haul works, how he's the first guy in the gym and the last one out, and how he fights for everything. We've seen that this year. UAH would probably not be a strong bet to make the playoffs without those two on the team.

I had hopes that this team would be top-half by now, but I'll take 6th.

GFM
          Geof F. Morris
          UAH BSE MAE 2002
          UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
            So this is the first real Corbett class, minus the fact that Kestner was probably a lock to come here regardless. I grade them very well. Getting Max, a kid of the USHL who isn't eye-popping in any one part of his resume or stat sheet, was still a really big get for the program —*especially in the early signing period. There really hasn't been a "wow" signing like that since, but it came when we needed it. I really hate that he's been injured for most of his senior season.
            Very true. I think McHugh's signing was instrumental in showing both junior players and coaches that UAH was back on solid ground.

While he hasn't had the year McHugh had in Dubuque before he came in as a freshman, I'm hopeful Bauer Neudecker can have a similar impact once he gets acclimated. He'll be a year younger than McHugh was entering college, and after his midseason trade to Sioux City, he's really taken off.

Jack Jeffers recent commitment is also a solid get. He was on NHL Central Scouting's List in his draft year, and although he didn't develop quite as quickly as many hoped, he's still got some serious wheels and is having a helluva year with Markham. 78 points in 53 games.

If Corbett can somehow snag a defenseman of a Cam Knight caliber, this will be a solid recruiting class.

Comment

Originally posted by GetOutDaKitchin View Post
              Very true. I think McHugh's signing was instrumental in showing both junior players and coaches that UAH was back on solid ground.

While he hasn't had the year McHugh had in Dubuque before he came in as a freshman, I'm hopeful Bauer Neudecker can have a similar impact once he gets acclimated. He'll be a year younger than McHugh was entering college, and after his midseason trade to Sioux City, he's really taken off.

Jack Jeffers recent commitment is also a solid get. He was on NHL Central Scouting's List in his draft year, and although he didn't develop quite as quickly as many hoped, he's still got some serious wheels and is having a helluva year with Markham. 78 points in 53 games.

If Corbett can somehow snag a defenseman of a Cam Knight caliber, this will be a solid recruiting class.
              Have had a chance to see Neudecker here in Sioux City. Good skill, good speed. Lack of size and strength causes him to get lost a little at times, but I think he is a good get for you guys.

Comment

Originally posted by GetOutDaKitchin View Post
                I'm curious to see what Matty Thomas's departure will mean in terms of rounding out this class. UAH will almost assuredly be done this week or next (I don't see them beating MSU or NMU in a first-round series, much less BGSU three or four times in five games in two weeks). I'm sure that most of the trout lines are already out, but you gotta get 'em through the clearinghouse and into the boat.

GFM
                Geof F. Morris
                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                UAHHockey.com

Comment

UAH 3, Bowling Green 2
                  https://uahhockey.com/blog/2018/02/2...playoff-berth/

Thilling victory. So good to be back in the playoffs!
                  Michael Napier - UAH '97
                  uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey

Comment

Congrats, UAH fans! Best of luck in the playoffs!

Comment

To Geof and the rest of the UAH fans I would like to offer my sincere Congratulations and Good Luck in the playoffs.
                      BLEED BLUE

Comment

Bowling Green 3, UAH 0
                        https://uahhockey.com/blog/2018/02/2...n-home-finale/

Well that was a downer. That's the third staight regular season finale where we've been shut out (obviously all by Bowling Green). We really need to stop doing that.
                        Michael Napier - UAH '97
                        uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey

Comment

On to Marquette!

UAH gets the 7th seed and goes to #2 Northern Michigan in the quarterfinals. Could be very interesting since UAH went 2-2-0 against NMU, splitting both series in Huntsville and Marquette.
                          Michael Napier - UAH '97
                          uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey

Comment

On to Marquette!

UAH gets the 7th seed and goes to #2 Northern Michigan in the quarterfinals. Could be very interesting since UAH went 2-2-0 against NMU, splitting both series in Huntsville and Marquette.
                            Upsetting the Wildcats would be a hoot!

GFM
                            Geof F. Morris
                            UAH BSE MAE 2002
                            UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                              Upsetting the Wildcats would be a hoot!

GFM
                              Any UAH Fans coming to Marquette for playoffs?
                              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                                Any UAH Fans coming to Marquette for playoffs?
                                I'm wishing that I could come, but I just can't pull that off.

GFM
                                Geof F. Morris
                                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Working...
                                X