UAH Hockey 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
    Watching him leave the ice, looked like he may have a concussion, but I hope not. That was a very physical game, for both teams. The hit to the head that UAA sustained actually cut his head. Still amazed that was not a major penalty.
    Agreed.

Congrats to the Seawolves. They earned that win and then some.
    Michael Napier - UAH '97
    uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
    U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
    NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
    CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
    CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

• Re: UAH Hockey 2017-18

Originally posted by UAHStatman View Post
      Alaska Anchorage 2, UAH 1
      https://uahhockey.com/blog/2018/01/1...h-loss-to-uaa/

That was not good. I feel just awful for Jordan Larson.
      That's awful.

GFM
      Geof F. Morris
      UAH BSE MAE 2002
      UAHHockey.com

Comment

One thing this program needs to break through on: Since their last win streak of 3 game or more in 2010, the Chargers are 0-9-2 after winning two in a row. (Sidenotes: The two ties have come in the last two years, and the first loss was in the 2010 NCAA Tournament against #1 Miami.)

Good news is that we're home the rest of the way. All four opponents are the current top four in the WCHA, though.
        Michael Napier - UAH '97
        uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey

Comment

Three wins somewhere in there would probably get the boys into the postseason.

GFM
          Geof F. Morris
          UAH BSE MAE 2002
          UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
            Three wins somewhere in there would probably get the boys into the postseason.

GFM
            Most likely. That would also get to the double-digit win season I've been expecting for the past three years.
            Michael Napier - UAH '97
            uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by UAHStatman View Post
              Most likely. That would also get to the double-digit win season I've been expecting for the past three years.
              Is McHugh any closer to returning?
              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                Is McHugh any closer to returning?
                The last I heard, it was looking like he might be ready for the final home stand, so hopefully next week.
                Michael Napier - UAH '97
                uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey

Comment

February is usually still a little chilly (50s for highs and 30s for lows), but it also starts peeking into the 60s by that time. I don't really consider February to be the sunniest of months in Huntsville, but you can luck out.

As for courses, the biggest one in Huntsville is Hampton Cove. It's part of the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail, and it's where the UAH hockey program has held its golf tournament fund raiser. Another one that comes to mind is Goose Pond Colony in Scottsboro, which is about 40 miles east of downtown Huntsville. Granted it's been a long time since I've been to either of them, but they still hold up from what I understand.

Hope you can make it!
                  Hi UAH fans,

Weather permitting, my buddy & I will be making the trip to Huntsville for the MSU-UAH series Feb 8-9. Hopefully the weather will be warm enough to get in some golf, too. Could any of you provide me with a couple of hotel recommendations? Thinking about $75-$100 per night would be OK. Just want a clean room with good access to the hockey arena and restaurants/bars. Appreciate any helpful information you can provide.

Regards,

Comment

Originally posted by Double Major View Post
                    Hi UAH fans,

Weather permitting, my buddy & I will be making the trip to Huntsville for the MSU-UAH series Feb 8-9. Hopefully the weather will be warm enough to get in some golf, too. Could any of you provide me with a couple of hotel recommendations? Thinking about $75-$100 per night would be OK. Just want a clean room with good access to the hockey arena and restaurants/bars. Appreciate any helpful information you can provide.

Regards,
                    Would love to join you. Spent my travel money on Boston this year. But next year for sure! (I forget - Do we go to Huntsville next year?)

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                      Would love to join you. Spent my travel money on Boston this year. But next year for sure! (I forget - Do we go to Huntsville next year?)
                      I was in Boston, too. Did we meet out there after the Friday or Saturday game?

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Major View Post
                        Hi UAH fans,

Regards,
                        The Springhill Suites and Embassy Suites are right next to the rink and run $105-115 per night plus tax for that weekend on hotels.com. There’s Big Spring Park right there and the main downtown area is a 10 minite walk away. The 3 brewpub area is a mile away and the shuttle drivers for both hotels are terrific.
                        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Talked with Coach Corbett and wrote a thing:
                          https://uahhockey.com/blog/2018/01/1...cure-playoffs/

For the TL;DR crowd:
                          * Max McHugh was expected to skate this week. Huzzah!
                          * Jordan Larson did get a concussion on Saturday.
                          * The team got pretty banged up from the trip, particularly forwards. Very good thing that it's a bye week.
                          * Corbett is in the D-I committee, which has talks about OT standardization across conferences. He doesn't expect any change, though.
                          Michael Napier - UAH '97
                          uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Major View Post
                            I was in Boston, too. Did we meet out there after the Friday or Saturday game?
                            I met several people on Saturday at the bar next to Agannis. I was with my daughter. I remember meeting the Hansons and Fredericks. Great weekend!

Comment

Talked with Coach Corbett and wrote a thing:
                              https://uahhockey.com/blog/2018/01/1...cure-playoffs/

For the TL;DR crowd:
                              * Max McHugh was expected to skate this week. Huzzah!
                              * Jordan Larson did get a concussion on Saturday.
                              * The team got pretty banged up from the trip, particularly forwards.
                              So sorry to hear that Larson got a concussion. Don't ever like to see that happen. I watched Corbs say a few choice words to Thomas after the game. Thomas just shook his head and walked away. Would love to know what was said.
                              Originally Posted by aparch
                              I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                                So sorry to hear that Larson got a concussion. Don't ever like to see that happen. I watched Corbs say a few choice words to Thomas after the game. Thomas just shook his head and walked away. Would love to know what was said.
                                Corbs told me he was happy for Matt and that the Seawolves played really hard for him, so there doesn't seem to be any lingering animosity.
                                Michael Napier - UAH '97
                                uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X