UAH Hockey 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
    I'm wishing that I could come, but I just can't pull that off.

GFM
    If you know of any that are, I’d be more than happy to share some suggestions for food & fun. I really appreciate how well I’ve been taken care of in Huntsville!
    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Re: UAH Hockey 2017-18

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
      If you know of any that are, I’d be more than happy to share some suggestions for food & fun. I really appreciate how well I’ve been taken care of in Huntsville!
      Will do, but it's going to be hard —*flights on Delta are up around $1000, and I don't have a big enough crew these days to team drive it to the UP (even back in my 20s, I flew).

GFM
      Geof F. Morris
      UAH BSE MAE 2002
      UAHHockey.com

Comment

Series preview:
        https://uahhockey.com/blog/2018/03/0...quarterfinals/

Also talked with Corbett ahead of the series:
        https://uahhockey.com/blog/2018/02/2...into-playoffs/

I am intrigued and can't wait for this series to start. Go Chargers!
        Michael Napier - UAH '97
        uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
        U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
        NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
        CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
        CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

I give us a puncher's chance this weekend. Obviously, we split the season series with NMU. Unfortunately for us, the only two-game winning streaks that we had this seasons involved A*A schools.

GFM
          Geof F. Morris
          UAH BSE MAE 2002
          UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
            I give us a puncher's chance this weekend. Obviously, we split the season series with NMU. Unfortunately for us, the only two-game winning streaks that we had this seasons involved A*A schools.

GFM
            UAH was the only team in the WCHA not to have a series sweep this year. Welp.
            Michael Napier - UAH '97
            uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by UAHStatman View Post
              UAH was the only team in the WCHA not to have a series sweep this year. Welp.
              Amazingly enough, one of the short model runs that I had showed us sweeping about 10% of the time. I'm now running the CPU DEATH option that will go for 30 minutes.

GFM
              Geof F. Morris
              UAH BSE MAE 2002
              UAHHockey.com

Comment

Saulnier with another game misconduct?
                Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

What a joke. UAH has no business in the WCHA playoffs, as evidenced by their game 1 performance against NMU. The WCHA should seriously consider booting UAH in favor of Arizona State and finally let their program die. Portera had the right idea several years ago but some big babies kept whining about his correct decision. UAH is NOT a D-I school and it’s pathetic that a “professional” goon hockey team outdraws them in their own barn. They can’t recruit top talent, they can’t compete in a decent league (CHA was a joke and everyone knew their NCAA auto-bid was laughable) and they almost never win out-of-conference. They have a hack coach and several players who only went to UAH as a last resort. For the love of god, stop pretending that you belong. You don’t. It’s that simple.

Comment

Oh hey there Mr. First-Poster! Your words, they wound! The only performances more embarrassing than yours were "any and all Chargers in the defensive end in the first period" and "Brennan Saulnier", who should just be suspended for the playoffs. I'm very much on the record for my displeasure with him.

But do go on about how we don't belong! Are you going to cull other programs, too? Who?

GFM
                    Geof F. Morris
                    UAH BSE MAE 2002
                    UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
                      Saulnier with another game misconduct?
                      Well, it's Friday.

I get that Corbett wants to win games and may have his seat feeling a bit warm, but the fact of the matter is that 1-5-0 (swept at BSU, split v NMU, swept by MSU with one game into OT) and has just 15 points, the same as last year, while going from 64 PIM to 119. He's an embarrassment, a black mark upon our program, and it's pretty ridiculous that he continues to get ice time. I can't see where he's a positive for us in any game. If he's locked in and positively motivated, yes, he's a pretty decent offensive hockey player at this level. But he's just not been that this year in a season where missing Max McHugh and Jordan Larson for so, so many games would leave you wondering whether a guy with his hands and passing could be an effective pivot. Well, no.

GFM
                      Geof F. Morris
                      UAH BSE MAE 2002
                      UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by UAHhater View Post
                        What a joke. UAH has no business in the WCHA playoffs, as evidenced by their game 1 performance against NMU. The WCHA should seriously consider booting UAH in favor of Arizona State and finally let their program die. Portera had the right idea several years ago but some big babies kept whining about his correct decision. UAH is NOT a D-I school and it’s pathetic that a “professional” goon hockey team outdraws them in their own barn. They can’t recruit top talent, they can’t compete in a decent league (CHA was a joke and everyone knew their NCAA auto-bid was laughable) and they almost never win out-of-conference. They have a hack coach and several players who only went to UAH as a last resort. For the love of god, stop pretending that you belong. You don’t. It’s that simple.
                        It's a good thing that there is an ignore button on this forum.
                        Originally Posted by aparch
                        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

How. About. That.
                          https://uahhockey.com/blog/2018/03/0...-force-game-3/

Josh Kestner, man. But just a more solid game all the way around this time. Game 3 tomorrow AAAAHHH!
                          Michael Napier - UAH '97
                          uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by UAHStatman View Post
                            How. About. That.
                            https://uahhockey.com/blog/2018/03/0...-force-game-3/

Josh Kestner, man. But just a more solid game all the way around this time. Game 3 tomorrow AAAAHHH!
                            So excited to hear this! Congrats.
                            Originally Posted by aparch
                            I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by UAHhater View Post
                              Well UAH won tonight and proves even more this post is full of epic fail.
                              LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Sending groovy thoughts.
                                Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Working...
                                X