UAH Hockey 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UAH Hockey 2017-18

UAH 3, Alaska Anchorage 3, OT (UAA wins shootout)
    https://uahhockey.com/blog/2017/11/1...t-in-shootout/

Well, that was bonkers. So glad the team rallied to at least get a point in front of another good crowd.
    Michael Napier - UAH '97
    uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
    U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
    NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
    CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
    CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

Hey Huntsville guys (& gals),

'Kato fan here, considering making the southbound trip to Huntsville for the MSU-UAH series Feb. 9-10. My buddy from Knoxville will join me. We've talked about getting in some golf on Saturday and Sunday we're there. Is the weather suitable for a round or two that time of year? If so which courses should be on our 'must play' list? Thanks in advance, hope to see you in February.

Comment

Originally posted by Double Major View Post
        Hey Huntsville guys (& gals),

'Kato fan here, considering making the southbound trip to Huntsville for the MSU-UAH series Feb. 9-10. My buddy from Knoxville will join me. We've talked about getting in some golf on Saturday and Sunday we're there. Is the weather suitable for a round or two that time of year? If so which courses should be on our 'must play' list? Thanks in advance, hope to see you in February.
        February is usually still a little chilly (50s for highs and 30s for lows), but it also starts peeking into the 60s by that time. I don't really consider February to be the sunniest of months in Huntsville, but you can luck out.

As for courses, the biggest one in Huntsville is Hampton Cove. It's part of the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail, and it's where the UAH hockey program has held its golf tournament fund raiser. Another one that comes to mind is Goose Pond Colony in Scottsboro, which is about 40 miles east of downtown Huntsville. Granted it's been a long time since I've been to either of them, but they still hold up from what I understand.

Hope you can make it!
        Michael Napier - UAH '97
        uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey

Comment

There's a couple of RTG golf trail courses nearby, and a couple of municipal ones as well. The RTG is on the expensive side as you might imagine. Even in the winter.
          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by UAHStatman View Post
            February is usually still a little chilly (50s for highs and 30s for lows), but it also starts peeking into the 60s by that time. I don't really consider February to be the sunniest of months in Huntsville, but you can luck out.

As for courses, the biggest one in Huntsville is Hampton Cove. It's part of the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail, and it's where the UAH hockey program has held its golf tournament fund raiser. Another one that comes to mind is Goose Pond Colony in Scottsboro, which is about 40 miles east of downtown Huntsville. Granted it's been a long time since I've been to either of them, but they still hold up from what I understand.

Hope you can make it!
            50 degrees in February is shorts and t-shirt weather for us Minnesotans. I remember coming down for the CHA Tournamant in Huntsville, jac and myself went walking around Huntsville in shorts and t-shirts and all the locals had jackets and pants on. We got some weird looks, to say the least!
            Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
            FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
            NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
            NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
            NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
            NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
            Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
            Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
              There's a couple of RTG golf trail courses nearby, and a couple of municipal ones as well. The RTG is on the expensive side as you might imagine. Even in the winter.
              Thanks for the information. I'll play on a nice day in the upper 50's, but less likely to do so if its colder & cloudy. Not sure if my golf skills are up to an an RTJ course...played a few in the past and they always kicked my butt. Tell me about the muni courses if you can. Also, what time does it get dark there in early February?

Will make a decision about this trip after the Holidays. If we come it would be great to meet up with a few Huntsville fans for beer after the game.

Regards!

Comment

Lake Superior State 3, UAH 1
                https://uahhockey.com/blog/2017/11/1...lake-superior/

A little frustrating in that it seemed the offense couldn't get organized a chunk of time, and when it was, it did everything but score. Credit to Kossoff, though -- he looked great.
                Michael Napier - UAH '97
                uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey

Comment

UAH 5, Lake Superior State 3
                  https://uahhockey.com/blog/2017/11/1...ith-hat-trick/

Holy cow Christian Rajic! First UAH freshman hat trick since Jared Ross in '02.

And my gosh Jordan Uhelski had to work for this as well.
                  Michael Napier - UAH '97
                  uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by UAHStatman View Post
                    UAH 5, Lake Superior State 3
                    https://uahhockey.com/blog/2017/11/1...ith-hat-trick/

Holy cow Christian Rajic! First UAH freshman hat trick since Jared Ross in '02.

And my gosh Jordan Uhelski had to work for this as well.
                    Much better tonight. Still the occasional turnover deep in the defensive zone but last night was riddled with bad turnovers.
                    6-6 on weekend goals (counting the empty). The Lakers are one of the teams UAH need to strive to finish higher than in the standings. The road to a playoff trip is through games against UAA, UA, and LSSU. Beat those regularly and grab a tie/win from the others on occasion (like MTech).

CPP
                    Last edited by ChargerPowerPlay; 11-18-2017, 10:33 PM.

Comment

• Re: UAH Hockey 2017-18

Rajic scored 11 goals in 51 games last year in the OJHL and has six in in twelve games here. That's not the progression that we've been seeing.

GFM
                      Geof F. Morris
                      UAH BSE MAE 2002
                      UAHHockey.com

Comment

My family and I will be at Friday game, and I want to know how much parking will cost? Beers cost too? We plan to get there hour early to get tickets at the door, Im looking forward to great game!
                        Born-raised Ferris State fan!

Comment

Originally posted by Deejpuck View Post
                          My family and I will be at Friday game, and I want to know how much parking will cost? Beers cost too? We plan to get there hour early to get tickets at the door, Im looking forward to great game!
                          It was like 5 bucks for hamfest. No idea what it is for hockey. I think we parked on street last time and took the shuttle one other. Plan to use the garage this time. Pretty sure it won't be prohibitive.

We'll be there too, hopefully in time to get a shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by Stratus View Post
                            It was like 5 bucks for hamfest. No idea what it is for hockey. I think we parked on street last time and took the shuttle one other. Plan to use the garage this time. Pretty sure it won't be prohibitive.

We'll be there too, hopefully in time to get a shirt.
                            Pretty sure it's still $5 for the parking garage across Monroe Street from the arena/concert hall. I'm not sure about alternatives.
                            https://www.huntsvilleal.gov/residen...ublic-parking/

No idea about beer costs.
                            Michael Napier - UAH '97
                            uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey

Comment

$5 parking. Beer is about that or worse depending.

I will miss my fifth game.

GFM
                              Geof F. Morris
                              UAH BSE MAE 2002
                              UAHHockey.com

Comment

Ferris State 6, UAH 2
                                https://uahhockey.com/blog/2017/11/2...ls-to-6-2-win/

Bulldogs score six unanswered after UAH takes a 2-0 lead.
                                Michael Napier - UAH '97
                                uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X