UAH Hockey 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAH Hockey 2017-18

I am enjoying the success the Chargers are having against the teams usually in the top half of the WCHA table. (Michigan Tech, Northern Michigan, Bowling Green, Ferris State, Minnesota State).

Split against Michigan Tech, Split against Ferris State, Split against Northern Michigan, and the Friday tie against Bowling Green. If they can continue that level of success and grab a series sweep against a bottom half team they should be looking solidly mid-table.

A few seasons ago, WCHA teams would look at a series against the Chargers as a probable two wins. Those days, hopefully, are over.

-cpp

Comment

I didn't get the WCHA package this year, so rely on CHN and the twitter feed to keep an idea of what's going on. A big thanks to the uahhockey.com twitter jockeys (and the more official feed too, of course) for taking the time to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Stratus View Post
        I didn't get the WCHA package this year, so rely on CHN and the twitter feed to keep an idea of what's going on. A big thanks to the uahhockey.com twitter jockeys (and the more official feed too, of course) for taking the time to do that.
        That's almost entirely UAHstatman. I've been working so much lately that it's pretty rare that I get to watch (although I did get to watch last night) or even attend games (I'm 0-for-6 on home games this year).

GFM
        Geof F. Morris
        UAH BSE MAE 2002
        UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by Double Major View Post
          Thanks for the information. I'll play on a nice day in the upper 50's, but less likely to do so if its colder & cloudy. Not sure if my golf skills are up to an an RTJ course...played a few in the past and they always kicked my butt. Tell me about the muni courses if you can. Also, what time does it get dark there in early February?

Will make a decision about this trip after the Holidays. If we come it would be great to meet up with a few Huntsville fans for beer after the game.

Regards!
          https://www.timeanddate.com/sun/usa/...th=2&year=2018

Comment

You know, this is about the level that I expected the team to be at two years ago. The delay doesn't bother me too much. The exciting thing for me is that they're continuing to get better and that the freshmen are good. I wouldn't have expected this based on what we saw last year, and none of the recruits were highly-regarded (save maybe Sinclair, who looks like a freshman goalie stuck behind a solid senior). This is definitely on the coaches to have found good talent under the radar and coaching them up the right way.

If you'd have told me in August that we'd not have seen Max McHugh or Jordan Larson this year and Gosselin at not even 0.5PT/GM, I would've pegged us for being in 9th or 10th. ALL HAIL JOSH KESTNER.

GFM
            Geof F. Morris
            UAH BSE MAE 2002
            UAHHockey.com

Comment

This year’s squad is the best UAH team I’ve seen in my nine-plus years covering BG.
              Co-Founder/Editor of BGSUHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by BGDrew View Post
                This year’s squad is the best UAH team I’ve seen in my nine-plus years covering BG.
                the coaches are to be commended. They have done a real good job.
                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

I know we're not at Minnesota State's level, but I'm also thinking the break next week can't come soon enough.
                  Michael Napier - UAH '97
                  uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
                  U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
                  NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
                  CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
                  CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

• Originally posted by UAHStatman View Post
                    I know we're not at Minnesota State's level, but I'm also thinking the break next week can't come soon enough.
                    You did look tired in the 3rd. 9 straight weekends is really pushing it, especially given your travel

Comment

• So, a couple of questions for UAH fans.

1. I know Hastings wasnt happy with MSUs effort in the first period, but I thought the goalie made some pretty impressive saves that kept UAH in the game. Is he normally that good?

2. Do the assistant coaches normally not travel with the team? It was only Corbett on the bench last night. Its the first time I've only seen one coach on the bench.
                      Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Originally posted by Bale View Post
                        So, a couple of questions for UAH fans.

1. I know Hastings wasnt happy with MSUs effort in the first period, but I thought the goalie made some pretty impressive saves that kept UAH in the game. Is he normally that good?

2. Do the assistant coaches normally not travel with the team? It was only Corbett on the bench last night. Its the first time I've only seen one coach on the bench.
                        1. Jordan Uhelski had been a question mark since he didn't get any action as a freshman or sophomore behind Carmine Guerriero and Matt Larose, but he has gotten better and better ever since he got the nod last year and worked toward being the No. 1. That first period really showed what he can do. I also thought he played well in the second, but if a star like C.J. Seuss is getting open looks, you're gonna have a bad time.

2. The assistants usually travel, so that's definitely odd.
                        Last edited by UAHStatman; 12-16-2017, 11:51 AM.
                        Michael Napier - UAH '97
                        uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
                        U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
                        NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
                        CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
                        CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

The assistants may well have been out recruiting. One of them is usually there, though.

Saulnier needs to go.

GFM
                          Geof F. Morris
                          UAH BSE MAE 2002
                          UAHHockey.com

Comment

Saulnier gets 2 games off.

http://www.wcha.com/men/pres1718/201712/dec18wcs.php

Comment

UAH fans, hope you all have a great Christmas and holiday season. Looking forward to the trip back to the state I call my second home on Super Bowl Weekend!
                              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

McHugh and/or Larson returning for Bemidji this weekend?

Comment

Working...
                                X