X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UAH Hockey 2017-18

Originally posted by Deejpuck View Post
    Hello UAH fans,

I plan to come up to see Ferris State play against UAH on November 24th with my family, including my parents from Florida. I want to know if I should buy tickets online or can we buy at the doors, and I checked the prices and it range between 4 to 11 dollars, is it accurate? Does the rink sell beers? Also any input from all of you will be greatly appreciated, thanks!
    Interesting...I thought it was $8 for general admission and $13 for reserved, but if Ticketmaster is correct then those have come down (to $6 and $11, not including military/student discounts). At any rate, you should be able to buy at the VBC ticket window on arrival.

I don't drink so it's not something I pay close attention to, but if I recall correctly beer is sold for UAH games. I think there's also a place that serves local craft beers (something Huntsville has really gotten into).

I hope you enjoy your trip and visit to Huntsville!
    Michael Napier - UAH '97
    uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
    U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
    NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
    CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
    CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

You won't have problems getting tickets in either manner, and yep, there's beer.

GFM
      Geof F. Morris
      UAH BSE MAE 2002
      UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by UAHStatman View Post
        Interesting...I thought it was $8 for general admission and $13 for reserved, but if Ticketmaster is correct then those have come down (to $6 and $11, not including military/student discounts). At any rate, you should be able to buy at the VBC ticket window on arrival.
        I'd suspect there's a $2 "facility fee" that Ticketmaster adds after the fact(along with a bunch of other fees) while the VBC just includes that in their price.
        Originally posted by dicaslover
        Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
        Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Pretty sure we're going to be there for those same games. Was thinking the same thing. We've been to a couple games, but always with tickets provided to parents by the school (prospective students weekend, family weekend, etc). Thinking that buying a ticket a little closer to the ice might be kind of fun for a change.
          We'll be up at Monte Sano for most of the week, but will drop down into town for a hockey game :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Stratus View Post
            Pretty sure we're going to be there for those same games. Was thinking the same thing. We've been to a couple games, but always with tickets provided to parents by the school (prospective students weekend, family weekend, etc). Thinking that buying a ticket a little closer to the ice might be kind of fun for a change.
            We'll be up at Monte Sano for most of the week, but will drop down into town for a hockey game :-)
            Monte Sano is a good place to go. If you're bored of it, switch up and go to Lake Guntersville SP —*it's about an hour away, but the vibe is pretty different.

GFM
            Geof F. Morris
            UAH BSE MAE 2002
            UAHHockey.com

Comment

UAH 3, Arizona State 1
              https://uahhockey.com/blog/2017/11/0...-split-series/

MUCH better. Really liked the puck movement. Looking forward to coming home next week.
              Michael Napier - UAH '97
              uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by UAHStatman View Post
                Looking forward to coming home next week.
                Of course work travel has me missing the first two weekends...

GFM
                Geof F. Morris
                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                UAHHockey.com

Comment

We live right next to the park; Fall colors are getting good right now. Email me at n4nm@knology.net ; if you need anything while you're here, we're only a block away.

Comment

Originally posted by Chukker View Post
                    We live right next to the park;... if you need anything while you're here, we're only a block away.
                    Thanks! We've been there a couple of times and aren't tired yet. Really like the park, and you know it's only five miles to Ted's and overall really convenient to downtown. And campus.

Von Braun is pretty nice, but big enough that it's hard to build much atmosphere. I did sit in front of some students from Brazil at one game - they were really into it. Turned out the ref's names were the same in Portuguese as some Spanish words I already knew

Comment

Hey UAH fans. It was great having you in Tempe. I enjoyed watching your club. You have a nice goaltender and some nice team speed. I will be cheering for you guys as your season goes forward. There was a nice group of 20 or so UAH fans at the rink. Nice folks! One of our local media guys did an interview with Coach Corbett. Probably nothing new for you to learn in there, but I enjoyed hearing his thoughts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=VpRPPOk0l8E

I read we are at your place Oct. 19-20 next season. I would love to make the trip, but will need to see how the schedule falls. Cheers and Go Devils!

Comment

Thanks! We've been there a couple of times and aren't tired yet. Really like the park, and you know it's only five miles to Ted's and overall really convenient to downtown. And campus.

Von Braun is pretty nice, but big enough that it's hard to build much atmosphere. I did sit in front of some students from Brazil at one game - they were really into it. Turned out the ref's names were the same in Portuguese as some Spanish words I already knew
                        Ted's is on the way back from almost anywhere. Tried their smoked chicken sandwich yet?

Comment

If I'm ever actually at home for a home series (I'll be on business travel the next two weekends, but I miiiiiiiiiiight make the game on 11/18), I'll be happy to line up a NASA tour for folks.

GFM
                          Geof F. Morris
                          UAH BSE MAE 2002
                          UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                            If I'm ever actually at home for a home series (I'll be on business travel the next two weekends, but I miiiiiiiiiiight make the game on 11/18), I'll be happy to line up a NASA tour for folks.

GFM
                            If only I could justify the expense of travelling down there...
                            Go Lakers!

Check out the Laker Hockey Blog, it's good for you! http://lakerhockeyblog.com

Comment

Originally posted by jsmithe View Post
                              If only I could justify the expense of travelling down there...
                              The easiest way to do it on the cheap is to catch Southwest on a fare sale and be willing to drive to the closest point on their path.

GFM
                              Geof F. Morris
                              UAH BSE MAE 2002
                              UAHHockey.com

Comment

I talked with Coach Corbett about the first quarter of the season and going forward:
                                https://uahhockey.com/blog/2017/11/0...home-presence/
                                Michael Napier - UAH '97
                                uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X