Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 488

Thread: NFL 2017: With Dollar Signs in Goodell's Eyes

  1. #81
    mascot extraordinaire
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    7,933

    Re: NFL 2017: With Dollar Signs in Goodell's Eyes

    Eli Apple's mouthpiece looks like it wants to make out with someone

  2. #82
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Colo Spgs
    Posts
    2,894

    Re: NFL 2017: With Dollar Signs in Goodell's Eyes

    Maybe the problem wasn't Brock, it was the Texans. O'Brien the quarterback guru is probably going to ruin Watson.

  3. #83
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Hockeytown,USA
    Posts
    2,934
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Apparently incompletions are fumbles now.
    Ball seemed to be coming out before arm was going forward. If anything it was inconclusive. But whatever. A W is a W.

  4. #84
    Anti-Semantic Brenthoven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    110,376

    Re: NFL 2017: With Dollar Signs in Goodell's Eyes

    Indians have won 18 in a row. Browns have won 18 since Nov. 25, 2012.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  5. #85
    NEVER DIE! ShirtlessBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    At a Coffee Shop
    Posts
    38,175
    Blair Walsh was 3/3 on FG with the Seahawks today.

  6. #86
    Capt
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    I'm on a boat/TPAFL
    Posts
    11,869
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Indians have won 18 in a row. Browns have won 18 since Nov. 25, 2012.
    Big Ben has more wins in Cleveland (11) than any Browns QB since team returned in 1999, per Schefter. Let that sink in.

  7. #87

    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Secret Lair
    Posts
    53,360

    Re: NFL 2017: With Dollar Signs in Goodell's Eyes

    Quote Originally Posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
    Big Ben has more wins in Cleveland (11) than any Browns QB since team returned in 1999, per Schefter. Let that sink in.
    This is great.
    2016 USCHO POSER OF THE YEAR

    "The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

  8. #88

    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Secret Lair
    Posts
    53,360

    Re: NFL 2017: With Dollar Signs in Goodell's Eyes

    Quote Originally Posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
    Blair Walsh was 3/3 on FG with the Seahawks today.
    And it didn't help.

    He looked awesome. Should we have expected something... different?
    2016 USCHO POSER OF THE YEAR

    "The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

  9. #89
    He fixes the cable?
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    21,912
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    And it didn't help.

    He looked awesome. Should we have expected something... different?
    Not really. When a kicker goes wonky a change of scenery can definitely work.

  10. #90

    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Secret Lair
    Posts
    53,360

    Re: NFL 2017: With Dollar Signs in Goodell's Eyes

    Quote Originally Posted by state of hockey View Post
    Not really. When a kicker goes wonky a change of scenery can definitely work.
    And vice versa. Evidently Hauschka shanked one in his debut in Buffalo.

    I'll miss him, though. He made a lot of clutch kick for us. Not bad for a lad who started at Middlebury.
    2016 USCHO POSER OF THE YEAR

    "The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

  11. #91
    They ignore ridicule & fight; I win
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    41,243

    Re: NFL 2017: With Dollar Signs in Goodell's Eyes

    So Patriots do better with Bills players than the Bills do... yet taking a look at the scoreboards, I'd say we cut the right dudes.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

  12. #92
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Colo Spgs
    Posts
    2,894

    Re: NFL 2017: With Dollar Signs in Goodell's Eyes

    Quote Originally Posted by state of hockey View Post
    Not really. When a kicker goes wonky a change of scenery can definitely work.
    You mean a change from playoffs to regular season?

  13. #93
    lubba wubba dub dub
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    North Haverbrook
    Posts
    29,402

    Re: NFL 2017: With Dollar Signs in Goodell's Eyes

    I forgot the season even started this week. That's really something, seeing as how I was something of a die hard fan back in my 20s.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

    Women and I have an understanding. They tend to stay away from me, and I tend to understand that I'm repulsive to them. It's not my favorite understanding.

  14. #94
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Hockeytown,USA
    Posts
    2,934

    Re: NFL 2017: With Dollar Signs in Goodell's Eyes

    Carson Wentz is the first NFL QB to throw a TD pass on the first drive of the season in consecutive years since Drew Brees (three straight, 2008-10).

  15. #95
    I got nothing Slap Shot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Clark Freeport Zone, Philippines
    Posts
    29,188

    Re: NFL 2017: With Dollar Signs in Goodell's Eyes

    Eff the Vikings for setting their fans up for disappointment. They should have just tanked the first game and crushed our hopes already.

  16. #96

    Re: NFL 2017: With Dollar Signs in Goodell's Eyes

    Quote Originally Posted by Slap Shot View Post
    Eff the Vikings for setting their fans up for disappointment. They should have just tanked the first game and crushed our hopes already.
    Eh, any true Vikings fan should never let themselves get too excited about the team. The Saints have a terrible defense, so I doubt Minnesota will be able to replicate that success going forward. It was fun to watch though...at least for 1 week. That being said, a week ago I thought they would win somewhere between 7-9 games. I still think they will wind up in that range. The hope-crushing problem though, is that they could easily be 6-2 at the break given their home-heavy schedule in the first half.
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

  17. #97

    Re: NFL 2017: With Dollar Signs in Goodell's Eyes

    Current seeding for the Playoffs:

    AFC
    Byes: (1) Jacksonville and (2) Baltimore
    Wild Card: (6) Oakland at (3) Buffalo, and (5) Kansas City at (4) Denver

    NFC
    Byes: (1) Carolina and (2) Dallas
    Wild Card: (6) Minnesota at (3) Detroit, and (5) Philadelphia at (4) Los Angeles

    Last edited by Fighting Sioux 23; 09-12-2017 at 08:53 AM.
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

  18. #98
    I got nothing Slap Shot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Clark Freeport Zone, Philippines
    Posts
    29,188

    Re: NFL 2017: With Dollar Signs in Goodell's Eyes

    Quote Originally Posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    Eh, any true Vikings fan should never let themselves get too excited about the team. The Saints have a terrible defense, so I doubt Minnesota will be able to replicate that success going forward. It was fun to watch though...at least for 1 week. That being said, a week ago I thought they would win somewhere between 7-9 games. I still think they will wind up in that range. The hope-crushing problem though, is that they could easily be 6-2 at the break given their home-heavy schedule in the first half.
    Yeah I pegged them for 7-10 wins which is a wide range I know but it's because if the OL plays like last year 7 is probably the result, if it measurably improves 10 is not out of reach. You'r right though NO isn't a great team right now so you can't read too much into that game.

  19. #99

    Re: NFL 2017: With Dollar Signs in Goodell's Eyes

    Quote Originally Posted by Slap Shot View Post
    Yeah I pegged them for 7-10 wins which is a wide range I know but it's because if the OL plays like last year 7 is probably the result, if it measurably improves 10 is not out of reach. You'r right though NO isn't a great team right now so you can't read too much into that game.
    Yeah, 10 is certainly in their range. I wouldn't be shocked if they won 11 or perhaps even 12. They have a favorable home schedule, play the Browns in London, and it wouldn't shock me if they won @ Washington, Detroit, or Chicago.

    That being said, if their offense plays anything like it did in the preseason (or the last half+ of last year), 7 may be a bit high.
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

  20. #100
    They ignore ridicule & fight; I win
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    41,243

    Re: NFL 2017: With Dollar Signs in Goodell's Eyes

    Quote Originally Posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    Current seeding for the Playoffs:

    AFC
    Byes: (1) Jacksonville and (2) Baltimore
    Wild Card: (6) Oakland at (3) Buffalo, and (5) Kansas City at (4) Denver

    NFC
    Byes: (1) Carolina and (2) Dallas
    Wild Card: (6) Minnesota at (3) Detroit, and (5) Philadelphia at (4) Los Angeles

    I wish the season ended today. It'd be the end to an 18 year drought.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •