X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NFL 2017: With Dollar Signs in Goodell's Eyes

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    It's OK to take a knee, says Goodell: http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...anthem-without

Just remember that it's also OK for people to not tune in if they don't like what they see. And this doesn't seem to forbid owners from dealing with their own subordinates, either. More of a league policy and any suspensions they would throw down.
    What if you're already not watching because Roger Goodell is a terrible commissioner and the coaches treat the players worse than a hunk of meat and the players treat women even worse? Do I have to start watching again, lest my "boycott" be lumped in with these false patriots who oppose the league now?

Also, has Goodell or any of the other owners announced a policy where they will refund (or at least no longer demand) taxpayer money to promote paid patriotism at the games?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      Just remember that it's also OK for people to not tune in if they don't like what they see.
      Ignore can be your friend. It sure is mine.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
        What if you're already not watching because Roger Goodell is a terrible commissioner and the coaches treat the players worse than a hunk of meat and the players treat women even worse? Do I have to start watching again, lest my "boycott" be lumped in with these false patriots who oppose the league now?

Also, has Goodell or any of the other owners announced a policy where they will refund (or at least no longer demand) taxpayer money to promote paid patriotism at the games?
        The league no longer gets paid for its anthem time or honoring the military. That ended within a week or so of the news breaking however many years ago. People were appalled, rightly so, and the NFL announced that it would no longer require payments for taking such actions. You know, because it was good business to get the money when they could, and better business to not take the money when people learned of it.

I've seen all of about an hour of NFL football on TV this year. That means I've seen all of about 3 minutes of actual gameplay.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

They might not get paid by the defense dept. anymore but they still use military people for their financial gain basically.

Comment

If you're already not watching, that's fair enough. No one said you had to share the same reasoning.

As for the point, I haven't heard a gosh darn thing, nor do I believe it will ever happen.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
              They might not get paid by the defense dept. anymore but they still use military people for their financial gain basically.
              The soldiers are always used as pawns. By politicians, defense contractors, their own generals, corporations looking for good will to cover up their latest poisoning / maiming / plundering of millions of their consumers.

It's all sick and twisted and awful and nobody will ever be punished because C.R.E.A.M.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                The soldiers are always used as pawns. By politicians, defense contractors, their own generals, corporations looking for good will to cover up their latest poisoning / maiming / plundering of millions of their consumers.

It's all sick and twisted and awful and nobody will ever be punished because C.R.E.A.M.
                That's a good point, it's true on broader level as well.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                  The league no longer gets paid for its anthem time or honoring the military. That ended within a week or so of the news breaking however many years ago. People were appalled, rightly so, and the NFL announced that it would no longer require payments for taking such actions. You know, because it was good business to get the money when they could, and better business to not take the money when people learned of it.

I've seen all of about an hour of NFL football on TV this year. That means I've seen all of about 3 minutes of actual gameplay.
                  I trust them as much as I trust images of the Loch Ness Monster.

I only know about this current NFL season because of this thread and my Facebook newsfeed.

Comment

I trust them as much as I trust images of the Loch Ness Monster.

I only know about this current NFL season because of this thread and my Facebook newsfeed.
                    I highly doubt you're missing much. I stopped following the NFL closely when I became of voting age. I'll see how the Bills are doing, maybe listen to a game, but other than that, there isn't much of a point.

I'm just glad college hockey has remained pure. If that starts going the way of the doldrums, well...

Comment

I guess Lynch was there so he could get fined.
                      Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

That was one of the weirder endings of an NFL game that I've seen. Almost Munichesque.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          That was one of the weirder endings of an NFL game that I've seen. Almost Munichesque.
                          Strange indeed but a good game nonetheless
                          Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            Guns and Jews?
                            Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              Guns and Jews?
                              Basketball. US vs. the Russkies
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                Basketball. US vs. the Russkies
                                Nice comparison
                                Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X