X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NFL 2017: With Dollar Signs in Goodell's Eyes

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
    List the top 10 starters for next week. The problem is there's about 4 top 10 QBs and 28 bottom 10 QBs.
    I don't know.

If you skip injuries right now, I could pretty easily name 10 quarterbacks in the NFL that I'd rather have on my team today than Wentz. I'm just talking about winning this season. Obviously someone like Drew Brees might not playing 10 years from now, but Wentz may. But ignoring that, Wentz wouldn't be in my top 10.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
      I don't know.

If you skip injuries right now, I could pretty easily name 10 quarterbacks in the NFL that I'd rather have on my team today than Wentz. I'm just talking about winning this season. Obviously someone like Drew Brees might not playing 10 years from now, but Wentz may. But ignoring that, Wentz wouldn't be in my top 10.
      I don't know if he's in my top 10 either, and have no attachment to Wentz at all, but I do think that from about 6-20 there is very little difference. I can't definitively say I'd rather have Brees for this season over Wentz, not much difference between the two if you ask me.

Comment

• Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
        For the record he is better this year but last year he was terrible and pretty easily in the bottom 5-10 starters.
        No sheet Sherlock. I will be the first to admit he had somewhat of a tough rookie year. Carson admits that. But this year is different now that he has some more talent around him. Anyhoo it's pretty dam cool to have a family member who is an NFL QB. With that said everyone has a right to their opinion. Carson loves proving folks wrong.
        Last edited by icehawk; 10-17-2017, 03:57 PM.
        Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Brees doesn't have nearly as many flaws as Wentz despite being like 40 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
            Anyhoo it's pretty dam cool to have a family member who is an NFL QB.
            Ah well that explains a lot .

In all seriousness that's really cool.

Comment

• Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
              Ah well that explains a lot .

In all seriousness that's really cool.
              My sisters son. Watched the kid grow before my eyes. He was 5'8" and 125 dripping wet as a freshman. Then boom he took off. But feel free to keep downplaying him.
              Last edited by icehawk; 10-17-2017, 04:48 PM.
              Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Browns recent 1st rounds:

2017 - 3 first rounders
                2016 - 2 first rounders
                2015 - 2 first rounders
                2014 - 2 first rounders
                2013 - 6th overall
                2012 - 2 first rounders

11 first rounders in the past 6 seasons and they are worse than they were before.
                Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                  For the record he is better this year but last year he was terrible and pretty easily in the bottom 5-10 starters.
                  What does last year have to do with anything?

I ask that somewhat facetiously but a rookie year (with a slightly different roster) should not give as much weight as you currently do.

You can toss out all the stats you want, he is helping his team win. I do not think he is the next Brady or Rodgers by a long shot, but you don't need a Top 10 QB of all time to consistently win games.
                  Last edited by Slap Shot; 10-17-2017, 08:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                    What does last year have to do with anything?

I ask that somewhat facetiously but a rookie year (with a slightly different roster) should not give as much weight as you currently do.

You can toss out all the stats you want, he is helping his team win. I do not think he is the next Brady or Rodgers by a long shot, but you don't need a Top 10 QB of all time to consistently win games.
                    No I agree with everything you said here though I do think it’s fair to bring up his rookie year because it’s all we have to go by outside a handful of games this year. A lot of this argument began because of the debate over Kaepernick’s overall ability and whether he is good enough to be a starter.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                      As a fan of the Packers and the Gophers
                      Is that as f-cked up a combination as it seems?
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        Is that as f-cked up a combination as it seems?
                        Not really. A lot of Minnesotans are Packer fans for a myriad of reasons. Not me, but a lot.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Transplants. Grew up in Wisconsin and went to Minnesota.
                          the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                            Transplants. Grew up in Wisconsin and went to Minnesota.
                            Exactly, there was (possibly still is) a reciprocity agreement between the states.

Comment

Way to early for MVP talk but this is still pretty cool regardless

https://www.sportsinsights.com/blog/...vp-candidates/
                              Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

It's OK to take a knee, says Goodell: http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...anthem-without

Just remember that it's also OK for people to not tune in if they don't like what they see. And this doesn't seem to forbid owners from dealing with their own subordinates, either. More of a league policy and any suspensions they would throw down.

Comment

Working...
                                X