Elmira College 2017-2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Border (ice) Wall

My senior yr at Oswego 1987 we had 1 Canadian on our team,and we had a pretty good year, oh how times have changed.

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
      My senior yr at Oswego 1987 we had 1 Canadian on our team,and we had a pretty good year, oh how times have changed.
      I seem to remember a win over St Cloud State and coach Herb Brooks

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
        I seem to remember a win over St Cloud State and coach Herb Brooks
        ...yes went over to shake his hand after the game and he was gone

Comment

Re: Elmira College 2017-2018

Elmira’s top line had a combined 60 points in the first half. Ford and Powell with 21 each, and Cuce with 18.
          2006, 2010 ECAC West Pick'Em Champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
            Wasn't Neumann actually punished for this sort of thing a couple of years back? I don't seem to remember any meaningful sanctions imposed on the schools you cite.
            Hey Fish, you might want to pay attention to what’s going outside your own team’s conference if you intend to discuss this kind of stuff. Geneseo and Potsdam each received a postseason ban in 2010. In other words, the exact same punishment received by Neumann. It was announced in January of that season, and a few weeks later it was determined that Morrisville became eligible that season, which was the only reason the last-placed team (Cortland, I believe?) didn’t sneak into the playoffs.

Now, the Public schools got punished because ~30% of the recipients of a grant were athletes, while only ~15% of all students are athletes. For Neumann, it was something like 98% compared to 11%. Those numbers could lead one to conclude intentional circumvention of the rules. How they kept the 2009 National Championship (won with the grant in place) baffles me to this day.
            Plattsburgh CARDINALS
            SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
            ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
            NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
            NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
            NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
            NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
              ...yes went over to shake his hand after the game and he was gone
              He always left the ice after any game....even the win in the Olympics over the USSR he went right to the hallway to the locker room.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
                Hey Fish, you might want to pay attention to what’s going outside your own team’s conference if you intend to discuss this kind of stuff. Geneseo and Potsdam each received a postseason ban in 2010. In other words, the exact same punishment received by Neumann. It was announced in January of that season, and a few weeks later it was determined that Morrisville became eligible that season, which was the only reason the last-placed team (Cortland, I believe?) didn’t sneak into the playoffs.

Now, the Public schools got punished because ~30% of the recipients of a grant were athletes, while only ~15% of all students are athletes. For Neumann, it was something like 98% compared to 11%. Those numbers could lead one to conclude intentional circumvention of the rules. How they kept the 2009 National Championship (won with the grant in place) baffles me to this day.
                Getting my popcorn ready for this one lol
                Remy Babineaux
                remyb616@gmail.com
                D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Buff St vs EC
                  • EC played an entire, 3-period game tonight, came out hitting hard, and skating even harder
                  • Outshot Buff State 40-20
                  • The top line is a special group ... could compete on most D1 squads. They've accumulated 73 points through 17 games!
                  • Buff State is also really improved over the past decade (have a larger non-US squad than most)
                  • EC should only schedule Top 15 teams OOC ... they seem to play up/down to the competition
                  • Most improved EC team during a season that I can remember. To be fair, they started out pretty abysmally.
                  • Sadly I won't be around to see the improvement for the remainder of the season. See you all next year.

Comment

Originally posted by elbojpb View Post
                    • EC played an entire, 3-period game tonight, came out hitting hard, and skating even harder
                    • Outshot Buff State 40-20
                    • The top line is a special group ... could compete on most D1 squads. They've accumulated 73 points through 17 games!
                    • Buff State is also really improved over the past decade (have a larger non-US squad than most)
                    • EC should only schedule Top 15 teams OOC ... they seem to play up/down to the competition
                    • Most improved EC team during a season that I can remember. To be fair, they started out pretty abysmally.
                    • Sadly I won't be around to see the improvement for the remainder of the season. See you all next year.

You going south? I could see my breath in the Domes last night.

Comment

Originally posted by smbenny View Post
                      You going south? I could see my breath in the Domes last night.
                      I no longer wish to handle NY winters. We plan on spending most of the cooler months near Tampa. Got tickets for the first 7 Yankee Spring Trg games You'll have to take over providing game recaps, but only of the decent performances.

Comment

I no longer wish to handle NY winters. We plan on spending most of the cooler months near Tampa. Got tickets for the first 7 Yankee Spring Trg games You'll have to take over providing game recaps, but only of the decent performances.
                        I can handle that. Even at 8-8-1, this season has been a lot of fun for me. Wins over Hobart, Utica and Geneseo and signs of promise with the goaltending.

Comment

Re: Buff St vs EC

• *]The top line is a special group ... could compete on most D1 squads. They've accumulated 73 points through 17 games!
                          That top line of Elmira's is easily a 3rd (possibly a 2nd) line on a lot of D-1 teams.

They were a wrecking-ball earlier this season at Utica, but they were double-shifted nearly the entire game...

Are they getting tired yet, I hope?

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                            That top line of Elmira's is easily a 3rd (possibly a 2nd) line on a lot of D-1 teams.

They were a wrecking-ball earlier this season at Utica, but they were double-shifted nearly the entire game...

Are they getting tired yet, I hope?
                            You making the trip down Saturday?

Comment

Originally posted by smbenny View Post
                              You making the trip down Saturday?
                              Wish I could. I love The Domes, but have to be up at 5:30 on Sunday, and Elmira is a bit of a haul. I'll have to settle for the stream.
                              Last edited by Fishman'81; 01-26-2018, 10:22 AM.

Comment

EC 3 Naz 2

* It was warm at the Mac tonight!
                                * I had two Bud Lights.
                                * EC’s top line did all the scoring tonight as each player picked up a goal.
                                * Both goalies gave up juicy rebounds.
                                * Not sure how Gennaro let in Naz’ second goal.
                                * EC broke up a lot of Naz’ passes and shots tonight.
                                * It will take more to beat Utica tomorrow.
                                * More rumors about EC moving downtown for the 19-20 season.

Comment

Working...
                                X