Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 574

Thread: Union College: 2017-2018

  1. #161
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,273

    Re: Union College: 2017-2018

    Our backup goaltender beat their backup goaltender. Krupski was unbelievable. Absolutely Unbelievable !!!!

    I will never say anything negative about Kupski again as long as I live. That is a national championship team North Dakota has. Someone has taught Kolias how to shot ... watch out ECAC !!! He was the fastest skater on the ice. Best game Light has played as a Dutchman. On defense he made his presence felt. He cleared the crease. On offense he hit the pipe twice. Great defensive play. Taylor was outstanding. Scarfo was outrstanding. Maier cleared the crease. Announcers talked about depth of Sioux. We are not doing so bad ourselves.

    The TV announcers were the best I have ever heard in College hockey. They knew us extremely well. They did their homework. I wish we had announcers and cheerleaders like North Dakota.

    IMO The Fighting Sioux are the best team we have faced this year. I don't know how we won. We gave up 10 lbs per man as we are the (weight) 6 smallest team in College hockey and NDU is the 6 largest.

    The NDU coach does not have much class. Very disappointed. I have no idea how Bennett has turned this band of no-name freshmen and underperforming sophomores into what they are becoming. Many Kudos. We are beginning to seriously click. We are having an outstanding November. One more to go.

    They are going to try and scalp us tomorrow !!!

    Good work Dutchmen !!!!
    Last edited by Dutchman; 11-25-2017 at 05:54 AM.
    DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
    DANGER - MEN AT WORK

  2. #162
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    48

    Re: Union College: 2017-2018

    The Dutchmen came out flying and somehow managed to hang on after the first period. I was in disbelief as the high quality ND chances quickly disappeared with a well timed poke check or stick lift. Definitely agree with you Dutchman that the announcers were outstanding. The production quality sometimes had me forgetting that it was a college hockey game. Looking forward to tomorrow's contest. Go U!
    Let's Go Union!!

  3. #163
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    165
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchman View Post
    Our backup goaltender beat their backup goaltender. Krupski was unbelievable. Absolutely Unbelievable !!!!

    I will never say anything negative about Kupski again as long as I live. That is a national championship team North Dakota has. Someone has taught Kolias how to shot ... watch out ECAC !!! He was the fastest skater on the ice. Best game Light has played as a Dutchman. On defense he made his presence felt. He cleared the crease. On offense he hit the pipe twice. Great defensive play. Taylor was outstanding. Scarfo was outrstanding. Maier cleared the crease. Announcers talked about depth of Sioux. We are not doing so bad ourselves.

    The TV announcers were the best I have ever heard in College hockey. They knew us extremely well. They did their homework. I wish we had announcers and cheerleaders like North Dakota.

    The Fighting Sioux were the best team we have faced this year. I don't know how we won. We gave up 10 lbs per man as we are the (weight) 6 smallest team in College hockey and NDU is the 6 largest.

    The NDU coach does not have much class. Very disappointed. I have no idea how Bennett has turned this band of no-name freshmen and underperforming sophomores into what they are becoming. Many Kudos. We are beginning to seriously click. We are having an outstanding November. One more to go.

    They are going to try and scalp us tomorow !!!

    Good work Dutchmen !!!!
    I'll give it to Union they took advantage of some bad plays and played good D too hold on. We finally had a game were the refs didn't try take over the game and it was a good one! That Union goalie had a hell of a game... hopefully he doesn't tomorrow

  4. #164
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,273

    Re: Union College: 2017-2018

    Quote Originally Posted by dutchman View Post
    we only have three seniors on the ice, brassard, scarfo and light and they are stepping up to provide leadership for this very young team.
    yes
    DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
    DANGER - MEN AT WORK

  5. #165
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,273

    Re: Union College: 2017-2018

    DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
    DANGER - MEN AT WORK

  6. #166
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    459

    Re: Union College: 2017-2018

    Congrats on a BIG win last night vs the Fighting Sioux!

  7. #167

    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    5,491

    Re: Union College: 2017-2018

    Great win Union!

  8. #168
    Quote Originally Posted by UnionFan View Post
    The Dutchmen came out flying and somehow managed to hang on after the first period. I was in disbelief as the high quality ND chances quickly disappeared with a well timed poke check or stick lift. Definitely agree with you Dutchman that the announcers were outstanding. The production quality sometimes had me forgetting that it was a college hockey game. Looking forward to tomorrow's contest. Go U!
    I was very impressed with Union's backchecking last night. It was the difference in the game, IMO. North Dakota came out a bit slow and the Dutchmen took advantage. UND came back with a lot of pressure, but your boys really stood up to the test, which says a lot about your squad.

    I hope we have another solid game tonight, with hopefully a different outcome.

  9. #169
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    173

    Re: Union College: 2017-2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchman View Post
    this band of no-name freshmen and underperforming sophomores
    I think you are selling them a bit short.. They are growing up quickly and playing very well, They have merged right in
    with the upper class guys and delivered some very good play (and stats)
    remember a couple of those freshman weren't due for another year...

  10. #170
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    111

    Re: Union College: 2017-2018


  11. #171
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    257

    Re: Union College: 2017-2018

    The team defense won that game. And Kupsky of course. We scored when we had a chance, defended really well when we didn't have the puck. Guys are going to be bruised and sore today. Hoping this game shows the team they can play with the best when everyone chips in.
    tonight = no regrets

    Go Union!!!!
    Let's go Union !
    ECAC Regular season champion : 2010-11, 2011-12, 2013-14, 2016-17
    ECAC Tournament champion : 2012, 2013, 2014
    NCAA champion : 2014

  12. #172
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,273

    Re: Union College: 2017-2018

    Lineups
    Gameday Live: UND 0, Union 0, 20:00 First
    Posted on November 25, 2017 Brad Elliott Schlossman
    TONIGHT’S VIEWING: Midco Sports Network, NCHC.tv. Audio on 96.1 The Fox, iHeart and UNDsports.com. Lineup notes: Casey Johnson is in for Kiersted. UND shuffles three lines. Union goes with Kosack for Adams.



    UND’s lines

    26 Cole Smith–10 Johnny Simonson–20 Josh Rieger
    19 Shane Gersich–22 Rhett Gardner–14 Austin Poganski
    29 Jordan Kawaguchi–8 Nick Jones–16 Grant Mismash
    7 Zach Yon–27 Ludvig Hoff–18 Collin Adams

    24 Christian Wolanin–6 Colton Poolman
    28 Hayden Shaw–4 Andrew Peski
    5 Casey Johnson–2 Gabe Bast

    1 Peter Thome
    35 Ryan Anderson

    Out of lineup: Cam Johnson (inj), Trevor Olson (inj), Dixon Bowen (inj), Joel Janatuinen (illness), Matt Kiersted.

    Union’s lines

    27 Sebastian Vidmar–18 Brett Supinski–8 Anthony Rinaldi
    9 Ryan Scarfo–17 Cole Maier–26 Josh Kosack
    13 Zachary Emelifeonwu–19 Brendan Taylor–28 Parker Foo
    29 Sean Harrison–25 Ryan Walker–16 Luc Brown

    4 Joseph Campolieto–14 J.C. Brassard
    5 Vas Kolias–20 Greg Campbell
    22 Connor Light–7 Brandon Estes

    34 Darion Hanson
    1 Jake Kupsky
    33 Joe Young
    DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
    DANGER - MEN AT WORK

  13. #173
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    111

    Re: Union College: 2017-2018

    What's up with Jack Adams? Out of the lineup after playing last night, also missed the PRI/QU home games.

  14. #174
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Hockeytown,USA
    Posts
    3,459

    Re: Union College: 2017-2018

    Congrats. Not many teams come into the Ralph and do what your boys did. Got some speed on that team. Good luck the rest of the way

  15. #175
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    111

    Re: Union College: 2017-2018

    The late game-tying goal from North Dakota was a downer... but to go in there and skate away with a win and a tie is still great. It's safe to say that Union, now 8-1-1 in its last 10 games, may have opened some eyes this weekend.

  16. #176

    Re: Union College: 2017-2018

    Quote Originally Posted by icehawk View Post
    Congrats. Not many teams come into the Ralph and do what your boys did. Got some speed on that team. Good luck the rest of the way
    I'll second that. Union definitely impressed me this weekend. I'm not quite sure how they are unranked...although I suspect that won't last for long. Union is a very gritty team with some timely scoring. That's a really good combination to have come March/April. Here's to hoping these two squads meet up again then.
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

  17. #177
    Here every day
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    rome,n.y.13440 usa
    Posts
    6,337

    Re: Union College: 2017-2018

    Wow Union, what a weekend, what a month, 8-1-1 in last ten ! Congrats
    It all starts with the goaltending.

  18. #178
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Miami, Fl.
    Posts
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by sshablak View Post
    Wow Union, what a weekend, what a month, 8-1-1 in last ten ! Congrats
    RB has the Dutchmen on an impressive trajectory after a very slow start to the season. This was a BIG weekend and it turned out well, presaging some good things as the season evolves. Two great goalies and production throughout the lineup should propel the team to Lake Placid and beyond.

  19. #179
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,273

    Re: Union College: 2017-2018

    The top 4 teams in the ECAC standings are Clarkson, Cornell, Colgate, and Union. In the 5th and 6th positions are Yale and Brown, each with 6 points and they want to move up in the standings. No one wants to be on the road in that first week of the ECAC playoffs. Brown has won 3 of their last 4. Gavin Nieto is .932 and 2.3525. He is perfectly capable of stealing a game or two as he did AT Yale and AT Princeton. He would love to steal another one AT Union. At Princeton, he blocked 49 shots and shut them out. Brown has an experienced ladened senior class with 7 seniors including 5 forwards. Brown always plays us well. Brown's Captain and Alternates are also from that senior class.
    DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
    DANGER - MEN AT WORK

  20. #180

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    34,992
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchman View Post
    The top 4 teams in the ECAC standings are Clarkson, Cornell, Colgate, and Union. In the 5th and 6th positions are Yale and Brown, each with 6 points and they want to move up in the standings. No one wants to be on the road in that first week of the ECAC playoffs. Brown has won 3 of their last 4. Gavin Nieto is .932 and 2.3525. He is perfectly capable of stealing a game or two as he did AT Yale and AT Princeton. He would love to steal another one AT Union. At Princeton, he blocked 49 shots and shut them out. Brown has an experienced ladened senior class with 7 seniors including 5 forwards. Brown always plays us well. Brown's Captain and Alternates are also from that senior class.
    Brown played us tough at Meehan. That is going to be a 1st round home ice team soon.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •