Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Union College: 2017-2018

Originally posted by UnionFan View Post
    Kupsky definitely the highlight of these past three games. All tough losses but it's still early in the season with plenty of time to bring it together. Looking forward to a good game this Friday against UMass.
    They just played 3 of the top 7 teams in the country, ALL on the road, All on the larger Ice sheet
    and other than yesterday's first period pretty much stayed right with them.. Once the freshman adjust to the speed of the college game
    I think we may be ok..

I think I heard the announcer say that Minnesota had 10 NFL draft picks on the ice today.. BU was also loaded with them
    So that is promising..

Comment

Originally posted by Pokey View Post
      They just played 3 of the top 7 teams in the country, ALL on the road, All on the larger Ice sheet
      and other than yesterday's first period pretty much stayed right with them.. Once the freshman adjust to the speed of the college game
      I think we may be ok..

I think I heard the announcer say that Minnesota had 10 NFL draft picks on the ice today.. BU was also loaded with them
      So that is promising..
      I thought you all had a real good team. Good luck the rest of the way. One small item. Amsoil Arena is 200x85. It's a standard NHL sheet.
      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

So that is promising..
        Just imagine how good they would be if they were loaded with 10 NHL draft picks!

Comment

Originally posted by <3_Blizzard View Post
          Just imagine how good they would be if they were loaded with 10 NHL draft picks!
          "fat fingered that one" ..

Comment

In college hockey a Sniper is
            "A player with a powerful, accurate shot skilled at finishing plays. From the military term of the same name."
            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glossa...e_hockey_terms

In the past five years, we had plenty of "snipers". I know we will develop them over the course of the year but I am not sure we have enough right now.

Coach is getting the freshmen plenty of ice time, getting ready for the regular season. They may exceed expectations.
            DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
            DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

"After the Goal Rush
              Union Looks to Make Most of a Rebuild Year"
              https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...-Goal-Rush.php

Could be rough going for us for a while. We have scored 4 goals in three games. Opponents averaging 4 goals against. (4.00/1.25) UMASS looks to have some offense. We were hoping that our offense would carry us until the D got patched up and the freshmen came up to speed. Not sure that is going to happen. Time to play tenacious defense until the team gels.

I have a bad feeling.
              Last edited by Dutchman; 10-13-2017, 02:16 PM.
              DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
              DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Despite good time of possession last year, defense was dismal. This year, three goals against (25% of total) were with empty net and two of three opponents to-date were top five teams. It’s too early to say defense will match last year’s underperformance, but it could be a long year if possession numbers and goals-for don’t improve.
                Last edited by Vaportrail; 10-13-2017, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                  "After the Goal Rush
                  Union Looks to Make Most of a Rebuild Year"
                  https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...-Goal-Rush.php

Could be rough going for us for a while. We have scored 4 goals in three games. Opponents averaging 4 goals against. (4.00/1.25) UMASS looks to have some offense. We were hoping that our offense would carry us until the D got patched up and the freshmen came up to speed. Not sure that is going to happen. Time to play tenacious defense until the team gels.

I have a bad feeling.
                  Very difficult to put up offensive numbers when you struggle so much getting out of your own zone -
                  With some of those passes by the time they are to the offensive zone it's time for a line change..
                  Don't need to be an NHL draft pick to see a guy and pass it to him.. But we struggle to make even close to accurate passes
                  all over the ice. I'm very fond of the "passes to nobody in particular" - that is just plain giving possession away.

They seem to be concentrating on the forwards helping out in the D zone - and that too will limit the offensive production

If you are going to give up 5 goals a night - trying to play Defense - then open up the offense - let them skate / attack
                  They looked good doing that late in several games.

Comment

They seem to be concentrating on the forwards helping out in the D zone - and that too will limit the offensive production
                    Very much agree !!!

Missing from the lineup for the first four games
                    Taylor Brierley
                    Mark Dufour
                    Zach
                    Tyler Hynes
                    Outside of them, it looks like everyone else has been playing more than 1 game except Liam Morgan. If that stays true for the rest of the season then we will only lose 3 seniors, two defensemen and a forward. (assumes no one leaves for the pros). If we hatch another good recruiting class, we will be very solid for next year. I would make sure that every player is on a weightlifting program.
                    DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                    DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                      Very much agree !!!

Missing from the lineup for the first four games
                      Taylor Brierley
                      Mark Dufour
                      Zach
                      Tyler Hynes
                      Outside of them, it looks like everyone else has been playing more than 1 game except Liam Morgan. If that stays true for the rest of the season then we will only lose 3 seniors, two defensemen and a forward. (assumes no one leaves for the pros). If we hatch another good recruiting class, we will be very solid for next year. I would make sure that every player is on a weightlifting program.
                      Never know Could be about injuries..
                      and I have to agree -- this team is built for an all out run next year..

Comment

I don't know about the other three, but Brierley has been hurt.

As of now, the one I could see leave early after this year is Vidmar. He turns 24 in March and should have plenty of options if he has a strong follow-up to last year's breakout.

Comment

Originally posted by ecachawkeyfan View Post

As of now, the one I could see leave early after this year is Vidmar. He turns 24 in March and should have plenty of options if he has a strong follow-up to last year's breakout.
                          True but at the beginning of last year I'm not sure we saw Foo or DeSimone leaving either.. Until they did
                          And if the expectation is they can make a serious run next year - leaving that opportunity would be difficult for most guys.

Comment

Originally posted by ecachawkeyfan View Post

Dufour is not injured.
                            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Zach is getting a start

DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                              DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

I wish we still had Champini ... he could turn garbage into goals like no one else. We played extremely well for two periods. Just got to keep at it.
                                DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                                DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Working...
                                X