Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 574

Thread: Union College: 2017-2018

  1. #81
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    257

    Re: Union College: 2017-2018

    Lots of goodness on the ice tonight. Player of the day for me: Hanson
    He looked very solid in net, managed to stay tall and square to the shooter, seemed very quick and quite sharp in his movements, even in scrums in front of him. An impressive game by the freshman!
    Kuddos to the whole team for a nice win, well deserved. Lots of blocked shots, lots of sacrifice on the ice, decent passing. The team looked a lot more settled. Nice to see contributions by a lot of players. Good PKs, a lot more aggressive tan we normally are (except the first PK where we just collapsed around the net as usual), I like that.

    The score is a bit severe, I'm sure the RIT goalie wants at a couple back. RIT seemed a bit hesitant after an so-so start and we managed to pounce on the opportunity.

    Congrats team, keep it up!!!
    Let's go Union !
    ECAC Regular season champion : 2010-11, 2011-12, 2013-14, 2016-17
    ECAC Tournament champion : 2012, 2013, 2014
    NCAA champion : 2014

  2. #82
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    174

    Re: Union College: 2017-2018

    Quote Originally Posted by UFan View Post
    Lots of goodness on the ice tonight. Player of the day for me: Hanson
    He looked very solid in net, managed to stay tall and square to the shooter, seemed very quick and quite sharp in his movements, even in scrums in front of him. An impressive game by the freshman!
    Kuddos to the whole team for a nice win, well deserved. Lots of blocked shots, lots of sacrifice on the ice, decent passing. The team looked a lot more settled. Nice to see contributions by a lot of players. Good PKs, a lot more aggressive tan we normally are (except the first PK where we just collapsed around the net as usual), I like that.

    The score is a bit severe, I'm sure the RIT goalie wants at a couple back. RIT seemed a bit hesitant after an so-so start and we managed to pounce on the opportunity.

    Congrats team, keep it up!!!
    Look much better when they open it up.. Guess they finally figured out they are not a defense first team...

  3. #83
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,296

    Re: Union College: 2017-2018

    It's still way too early to make any judgement yet, but

    Overall Goaltending Statistics

    Name Year GA SV%

    Jake Kupsky Jr 3.2677 .891
    Darion Hanson Fr 1.0006 .960

    Read more: http://www.uscho.com/stats/team/unio...#ixzz4w9JZW2sx
    Last edited by Dutchman; 10-21-2017 at 08:49 AM.
    DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
    DANGER - MEN AT WORK

  4. #84
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    174

    Re: Union College: 2017-2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchman View Post
    It's still way too early to make any judgement yet, but

    Overall Goaltending Statistics

    Name Year GA SV%

    Jake Kupsky Jr 3.2677 .891
    Darion Hanson Fr 1.0006 .960

    Read more: http://www.uscho.com/stats/team/unio...#ixzz4w9JZW2sx
    way too early
    Kupsky - BU, Minnesota, Mich tech, Vermont and UMass
    Hanson - RIT

    I'd say the competition level is just a BIT different..
    he had a strong game, plays good positional goal and under control but wasn't really pressured..

  5. #85
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,296

    Re: Union College: 2017-2018

    While we stopped "taking on water" and "rightened the ship," we still have to "get underway" and that will be tough for the next 8 games.
    (2) RPI has only lost 1 game and has excellent goaltending & defence.
    (2) The North country is always tough, St. Lawrence has too much talent, pride and has played a horrendously hard schedule. They will not stay down forever. Clarkson is on a tear and a top 4 ECAC team.
    (2) Q and Princeton are two more teams slated for top 4
    (2) The Fighting Sioux are top 4 in the country.
    DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
    DANGER - MEN AT WORK

  6. #86
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    174

    Re: Union College: 2017-2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchman View Post
    While we stopped "taking on water" and "rightened the ship," we still have to "get underway" and that will be tough for the next 8 games.
    (2) RPI has only lost 1 game and has excellent goaltending & defence.
    (2) The North country is always tough, St. Lawrence has too much talent, pride and has played a horrendously hard schedule. They will not stay down forever. Clarkson is on a tear and a top 4 ECAC team.
    (2) Q and Princeton are two more teams slated for top 4
    (2) The Fighting Sioux are top 4 in the country.
    You know what they say .. "If you want to be the best you have to beat the best"
    With RPI - you can throw out the records - It just doesn't matter

  7. #87
    Conductor emeritus
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    3,330

    Re: Union College: 2017-2018

    Hello everyone! As you may or may not have seen, vicb is not running the annual ECAC Pick the Standings contest this season. I have decided to take up the torch and run it. I know we are running on rather short notice as the season will start in just four days, but hopefully we can get a decent turnout regardless. If you'd like to participate, just head on over to the thread and submit your prediction! Thanks and good luck!
    RPI Pep Band
    GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
    🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

    2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click Champion
    2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
    2014-2015 ECAC Pick the Standings Last Place


  8. #88
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    48

    Re: Union College: 2017-2018

    It was great to see Scarfo get rewarded with four points this past weekend. At the UMass game he was one of the few with enough speed to break through the trap and is such a high energy player that is fun to watch. Also good to see a more even point distribution among the team thus far. I anticipate that we will see Hanson in goal on Friday and am hoping for a good game against the Engineers. They've pulled together an impressive record after losing a great deal of talent and experience from last year and will be tough to beat as always.
    Let's Go Union!!

  9. #89
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    123

    Re: Union College: 2017-2018

    If anyone is thinking about going to the game at RPI on Saturday, the school's ticket website says only ~165 seats are left.
    Last edited by ecachawkeyfan; 10-23-2017 at 05:28 PM.

  10. #90
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    257

    Re: Union College: 2017-2018

    Let's go Union !
    ECAC Regular season champion : 2010-11, 2011-12, 2013-14, 2016-17
    ECAC Tournament champion : 2012, 2013, 2014
    NCAA champion : 2014

  11. #91
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    123

    Re: Union College: 2017-2018

    Colin Stevens gets a PTO with AHL Wilkes-Barre, the same team that former Union teammate Jeff Taylor is on.

    http://www.wbspenguins.com/2017/10/2...n-stevens-pto/
    Last edited by ecachawkeyfan; 10-25-2017 at 04:45 PM.

  12. #92
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    48

    Re: Union College: 2017-2018

    What are they thinking with these pink jerseys...

    https://twitter.com/Unionmhockey/sta...63817919975425
    Let's Go Union!!

  13. #93
    Made in the USA
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    45,497

    Re: Union College: 2017-2018

    Quote Originally Posted by ecachawkeyfan View Post
    If anyone is thinking about going to the game at RPI on Saturday, the school's ticket website says only ~165 seats are left.
    It's Parents Weekend so that's going to happen. It's just about sold out; 10 tickets remain.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    "Better to be infamous than never famous at all." -Roger Stone

    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

  14. #94
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,296

    Re: Union College: 2017-2018

    I hope we start Hanson.
    DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
    DANGER - MEN AT WORK

  15. #95
    Conductor emeritus
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    3,330

    Re: Union College: 2017-2018

    Here's one final reminder that today is the LAST DAY to submit an entry into the ECAC Pick The Standings contest! League play starts tonight, so if you'd like to participate, just head on over to the thread and submit your prediction! Thanks and good luck!

    (also you're going down, LET'S GO RED!)
    RPI Pep Band
    GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
    🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

    2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click Champion
    2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
    2014-2015 ECAC Pick the Standings Last Place


  16. #96
    Made in the USA
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    45,497

    Re: Union College: 2017-2018

    Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    It's Parents Weekend so that's going to happen. It's just about sold out; 10 tickets remain.
    ...and it's now sold out.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    "Better to be infamous than never famous at all." -Roger Stone

    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

  17. #97
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,296

    Re: Union College: 2017-2018

    Going to be a barn burner tomorrow.
    DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
    DANGER - MEN AT WORK

  18. #98
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    257

    Re: Union College: 2017-2018

    A good game. A few average plays here and there (give up the blind passes, please!!!!) but very good overall effort. Hope Hanson can calm down a touch, he seemed to fight the puck more than necessary towards the end of the game.
    The first 2 goals are beautiful set plays, with perfect execution.
    Let's stay out of the box tonight. Keep the communication going.

    The atmosphere is always very electric at the RPI field house, it will be a good test for the team.
    Let's go Union !
    ECAC Regular season champion : 2010-11, 2011-12, 2013-14, 2016-17
    ECAC Tournament champion : 2012, 2013, 2014
    NCAA champion : 2014

  19. #99
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,296

    Re: Union College: 2017-2018

    IMO
    - Blue Line starting to get more involved in the offence.
    - 4 lines showing a willingness to score.
    - The possibility of developing scoring depth? 18 players have already scored at least 1 point.
    - Freshmen exceeding expectations
    - Nice Forechecking
    - Transitioning to defence needs work
    - Need to talk to each other
    - Rinaldi, Supinski and Vidmar line fantastic
    - RPI has dangerous forwards and big D and played for 60 minutes
    - At least one of our starting D became a spectator the last 10 minutes.
    - All our great Goalies these past 10 years have had very tough going early on in their freshmen year.
    - I still don't know how good/bad this team will be.
    DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
    DANGER - MEN AT WORK

  20. #100
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    257

    Re: Union College: 2017-2018

    Good thing RPI was slow and never one-timed their opportunities... Game could have been another story. That was way more stressful than it needed to be. We missed a bunch of grade A chances in the first period; props to the RPI goalie for stepping in and keeping his team in the game.

    I feel like Union goes through minutes where they're a bit lost as to what to do. I really like the new system we have going but it seems that not everyone on the team is 100% sure what the execution is supposed to be. A few more days of practice and some games will help with that. More contributions from a bunch of players, it's nice to see. Finally, Hanson had another very decent game. He got pushed around by RPI a bit but in-game experience should help with that. You can tell he is comfortable on the ice as long as the puck is some distance away, but when things get up close and personal, he doesn't look so smooth. Again, in-game experience is his best friend.

    I thought for a few minutes in the second period that the ref were going to steal the game for RPI.
    Turned out OK in the end.

    Things are ramping up soon: Clarkson will be a very good test (impressive record so far) and Saint Lawrence is going to want to start their league play with a W after a rough start to their season.
    Last edited by UFan; 10-28-2017 at 08:40 PM.
    Let's go Union !
    ECAC Regular season champion : 2010-11, 2011-12, 2013-14, 2016-17
    ECAC Tournament champion : 2012, 2013, 2014
    NCAA champion : 2014

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •