Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 574

Thread: Union College: 2017-2018

  1. #261
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,695

    Re: Union College: 2017-2018

    Agree with Bothman. You guys deserved to win. You had a better game plan and came to play. Hard. I expect that you'll exact revenge in February.

  2. #262
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    111

    Re: Union College: 2017-2018

    Very tough loss to swallow, having two leads in the third, not holding either, and losing with 5 seconds left in OT.

  3. #263
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    173

    Re: Union College: 2017-2018

    Quote Originally Posted by ecachawkeyfan View Post
    Very tough loss to swallow, having two leads in the third, not holding either, and losing with 5 seconds left in OT.
    Might be just me - but playing Harvard on the road - tied with 14 seconds left
    I put out my 5 best/most experienced defensive type guys, the man who had the best face off percentage in this game
    and take the point and run..
    And if they do get the puck - i hold and hook and even drag em to the ice because by the time the call the penalty get
    control of the puck to stop the clock and do the face off - 14 seconds is long gone..

    but that's just me..

  4. #264
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    257

    Re: Union College: 2017-2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokey View Post
    Might be just me - but playing Harvard on the road - tied with 14 seconds left
    I put out my 5 best/most experienced defensive type guys, the man who had the best face off percentage in this game
    and take the point and run..
    And if they do get the puck - i hold and hook and even drag em to the ice because by the time the call the penalty get
    control of the puck to stop the clock and do the face off - 14 seconds is long gone..

    but that's just me..
    ^ This
    Especially right after you call a time out...
    That's a tough one. Hopefully they learn from it!
    Let's go Union !
    ECAC Regular season champion : 2010-11, 2011-12, 2013-14, 2016-17
    ECAC Tournament champion : 2012, 2013, 2014
    NCAA champion : 2014

  5. #265
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    173

    Re: Union College: 2017-2018

    Quote Originally Posted by UFan View Post
    ^ This
    Especially right after you call a time out...
    That's a tough one. Hopefully they learn from it!
    Just have to wonder why you dress 2 senior and 1 junior defensemen and at that critical juncture you have a freshman (a tiny one) and sophomore
    on the ice.. Maybe Brassard or Light - due just to their experience - would have known to drag the puck carrier into the corner ....

    Sure hope we don't miss out on positioning due to that 1 point

  6. #266
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,266

    Re: Union College: 2017-2018

    Good turnout at the game despite the cold. Stephen Ainlay and his wife were there and so was Jim McLaughlin and what looked to be some Union faculty. I hope the next school administration supports the program as well as this last one did.
    DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
    DANGER - MEN AT WORK

  7. #267
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,266

    Re: Union College: 2017-2018

    Got to pick ourselves back up. Clarkson and St. Lawrence next weekend.
    DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
    DANGER - MEN AT WORK

  8. #268
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    111

    Re: Union College: 2017-2018

    Per Union's ticket website, there are only Standing Room tickets left for the game against Clarkson on Friday.

  9. #269
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,266

    Re: Union College: 2017-2018

    Union's Scarfo selected ECAC Player of the Week
    Albany Times Union (blog)
    Union College senior forward Ryan Scarfo has been selected ECAC Hockey Player of the Week, the league announced Tuesday night. Scarfo, from North Chelmsford, Mass., had a goal and an assist in each of Union's weekend games, a 4-1 victory at Dartmouth and a 4-3 overtime loss at Harvard.
    DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
    DANGER - MEN AT WORK

  10. #270
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,266

    Re: Union College: 2017-2018

    Any word if Supinski is practising this week?
    DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
    DANGER - MEN AT WORK

  11. #271
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    111

    Re: Union College: 2017-2018

    I hope to be wrong, but it doesn't sound like Supinski will be back this weekend. In the press conference posted on YouTube, Vidmar talks about how Supinski's minutes are there for other guys to pick up now, how Supinski is an incredible loss, etc. Unless he has a really good poker face, reading between the lines suggests not to expect Supinski.

  12. #272
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    173

    Re: Union College: 2017-2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchman View Post
    Any word if Supinski is practising this week?
    no practice..

  13. #273
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    173

    Re: Union College: 2017-2018

    Quote Originally Posted by ecachawkeyfan View Post
    I hope to be wrong, but it doesn't sound like Supinski will be back this weekend. In the press conference posted on YouTube, Vidmar talks about how Supinski's minutes are there for other guys to pick up now, how Supinski is an incredible loss, etc. Unless he has a really good poker face, reading between the lines suggests not to expect Supinski.
    Gotta agree with you ...

  14. #274
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    111

    Re: Union College: 2017-2018

    The Gazette has a snippet of Bennett's postgame conference... he spares no punches.

    https://dailygazette.com/article/201...-union-s-coach

    Wouldn't be surprised if Adams is up in Section P tomorrow. Bennett said, "I'll spare the freshman, some of them. I think one of them was a minus-26 tonight."

    Seemingly a shot at Adams, who was a minus-4.

  15. #275
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    173

    Re: Union College: 2017-2018

    Quote Originally Posted by ecachawkeyfan View Post
    The Gazette has a snippet of Bennett's postgame conference... he spares no punches.

    https://dailygazette.com/article/201...-union-s-coach

    Wouldn't be surprised if Adams is up in Section P tomorrow. Bennett said, "I'll spare the freshman, some of them. I think one of them was a minus-26 tonight."

    Seemingly a shot at Adams, who was a minus-4.
    Sounded like a "***** slap" to that whole line - guessing for motivational purposes (since all 3 forwards were at least minus-3)
    But considering the defense had as much to do with that (giveaways) as anybody - seems a bit misplaced.

    Credit where it's due has to come into play here too, Clarkson came to play, never stopped moving their feet and converted when
    given those 2 on 1s..

    I also think the refs were a bit - let's be nice - a bit "off" tonight too.. They just about lost full control there..
    Still not sure how that check to the face of Kolias wasn't called - unless the face isn't actually part of the head...

    Come back strong - get the W tonight !! Go U

  16. #276
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,266

    Re: Union College: 2017-2018

    Clarkson is very very good. #1 in the pairwise
    It's less how bad we looked and more how good they are.
    The turnover in the middle of a line change really hurt but the Clarkson forward looked like he got a stick on the pass that looked like it skipped over Zacks stick.
    After Clarkson tried to take out Hanson I thought that would **** us off. What does it take?
    We had many opportunities to knock the fillings out of the teeth of the Clarkson players with body checks but passed up those opportunities. Some of our players have to grow a pair.
    The only thing worse than losing is listening to the Union Announcers make XXXes out of themselves by announcing incorrect scores and missing the line change that complicated the first minute of play.
    Last 6 we are 1-5
    Last 9 we are 3-7
    Last edited by Dutchman; 01-13-2018 at 08:03 AM.
    DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
    DANGER - MEN AT WORK

  17. #277
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    173

    Re: Union College: 2017-2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchman View Post
    Clarkson is very very good. #1 in the pairwise
    It's less how bad we looked and more how good they are.
    The turnover in the middle of a line change really hurt but the Clarkson forward looked like he got a stick on the pass that looked like it skipped over Zacks stick.
    After Clarkson tried to take out Hanson I thought that would **** us off. What does it take?
    We had many opportunities to knock the fillings out of the teeth of the Clarkson players with body checks but passed up those opportunities. Some of our players have to grow a pair.
    The only thing worse than losing is listening to the Union Announcers make XXXes out of themselves by announcing incorrect scores and missing the line change that complicated the first minute of play.
    Last 6 we are 1-5
    Last 9 we are 3-7
    YES - Clarkson IS very good and when you are that good and hustle those crazy bounces and weird happenings seem to always go your way - it's like the pipe when you are that good you don't hit them..
    BUT - Union is also very good - just on this night they made more mistakes (please stay out of the box - it's hard enough stopping a good team when its 5 on 5)
    and didn't convert their own opportunities ... there were at least 3 2 on 1s where looking for the pass wasn't on the agenda - some don't seem to see the ice all that well when they carry the puck...
    Lost Faceoffs at key times and bad passes (more tape to skates then tape to tape for sure) haunted us all night.

    As for opportunities to really line up the Clarkson players - I agree but you must look at the situation (we were down 1 most of the game) and when you make a solid hit it's usually called a penalty
    in this new style hockey (that's why that Kolias hit not being called surprised everyone), maybe they were told not to take that chance.

    But you are right - there is just not enough "nasty" out there sometimes..

  18. #278

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    34,726
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchman View Post
    ...Last 6 we are 1-5
    Last 9 we are 3-7
    They said there would be no math. I guess they were right for a change...

  19. #279
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,266

    Re: Union College: 2017-2018

    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    They said there would be no math. I guess they were right for a change...
    Fuzzy Math
    DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
    DANGER - MEN AT WORK

  20. #280
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,266

    Re: Union College: 2017-2018

    Saint Lawrence is 3-1-1 in the last 5
    PPG 3.0
    GA 1.8
    DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
    DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •